Head sculpture Indy Raiders head & hat [collecting payments]

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, if you cannot wait I can ship the casted version since it's already produced. For the 3d printed version I need one more test (if it goes well) for the Fedora
What is the difference between the casted and 3D printed version? I'm genuinely curious as I have no idea about any difference in quality, durability, etc.

I don’t mind waiting at all if it’s for a better product.

Last edited:
What is the difference between the casted and 3D printed version? I'm genuinely curious as I have no idea about any difference in quality, durability, etc.

Interesting. I had no idea there were different versions of this being offered. One cast and one printed then? I looked and didn’t see any of that on the first page.

I think it only is for the fedora
If I recall correctly there were many casts of the Fedora that didn’t work so he started printing the Fedoras

Negative. It is the head sculpt.

I feel like a proper update should've been posted in this thread to explain this. In hand photos revealed that the sculpt was too narrow. This was brought up on the Indy FB group. It was then decided that it would be printed instead of cast.

Or do I have all of this wrong?

Wait a minute…So there’s been talk of produced sculpts being different, narrower, than the shown example in the first post but on FB and not here?

And now these are being printed accurately to the sample and the casts are different is what I’m understanding. So what exactly is it that Andrea has shipped to me? Why isn’t any of this being announced in this thread?

I’m happy to wait for whatever has been discussed as a better option. If 3D printing was the way to go for the best product possible, then cool! I’m down for that even if it’s taking a little longer to produce.

But, what’s the point of this thread if it’s not going to be discussed and/or updated here as well? There was a simple post on the previous page that was pretty easily missed, but also no real explanation why until now? Not everyone is on Facebook, telegram etc. or in the groups on the respective platforms. That shouldn’t be the only way to get information especially if the project was started here. If I’m misunderstanding and the project was started on FB in the Indy group and then brought over here for more interest, then ok it makes sense that information is dropped there first.

Obviously, some of us had no idea there were issues with the casting process and therefore the decision was made to 3D print the lot. It takes a few minutes to copy and past or even screenshot that information and upload it here. It definitely makes the wait understandable as we all want the best product possible.

And b/c of that lack of transparency, @Cocoboloboy is potentially getting sent the inferior casted version since 3D printed versions aren’t finished? That doesn’t seem fair if that truly is the case.

Last edited:
Interesting. I had no idea there were different versions of this being offered. One cast and one printed then? I looked and didn’t see any of that on the first page.
Yea neither did I. There was a small post on the previous page, but seems to have been easily missed as it looks like it’s news to some ppl 🤷🏻‍♂️ Seems like any updates to this project have been posted in other places, with this place being forgotten unless another member is kind enough to post that info here like @Evil_Ash thankfully did .

Last edited:
Guess I‘ll see what I get.

I asked for a refund and for him to just offer my spot to the waitlist group a couple months ago since I had paid the final payment in early August per his request and hadn’t got anything by early November. He refused to do that and said he‘d go ahead and send my sculpt at that time. Almost two months go by again and still nothing so I filed thru PayPal and less than an hour after that I get a tracker. Then I see his post about waiting for the 3D print or choosing to get the cast version.

Maybe it’s all just a lack of communication but since he ghosted me right after saying he’d send my sculpt in early November I thought it’s better safe than sorry and file before too much more time goes by.

My main gripe is asking for a final payment without having the product finished and ready to ship. As someone who sells custom work whenever I do the deposit arrangement and I ask for the final payment, well, that means my customer‘s order is finished and ready to ship. I don’t ask for that final payment just because I want some money which seems to be what’s happened in this case.

@onesixthsculpts Can you please clarify what is going on with this?
I mentioned in this forum that there will be the 3d printed option, but this request started on a FB group. Anyway I'm (I was) selling just what is showed in a YouTube video posted always here. Many people preferred a 3d printed version so for this reason I stopped to ship the casts. This required more modifications to the digital sculpt, plus more money for the alcohol and UV resin.

Also, I wanted to say a thing. I've made a big investment in order to make the castings instead of the 3d printed sculpt only. That's because UV resin is not good product and the paint comes off easily. But, if you want it, that's ok. I'm making this sacrifice too.

Also: Happy holidays. I'll come back in a couple of weeks. I have to rest. Thanks.

Fact is the cast hs is not acceptable. It’s too narrow and you can’t see Indy in it. I can say it, I have it in hand. The profile is very good, but the face is not what we could have expected. It was qhown and discussed on an Indy FB group. And the result was that everybody was ok that the sculpt had issues during the casting process. Andrea then accepted to stop casting and go for printing for a better result as we all expect this hs would be a new standard for Indy.

I can say that all we need ia just a bit more communication from Andrea. It will eventually come out great, I'm sure of it, but because of the delay we all need updates! 😉

Fact is the cast hs is not acceptable. It’s too narrow and you can’t see Indy in it. I can say it, I have it in hand. The profile is very good, but the face is not what we could have expected. It was qhown and discussed on an Indy FB group. And the result was that everybody was ok that the sculpt had issues during the casting process. Andrea then accepted to stop casting and go for printing for a better result as we all expect this hs would be a new standard for Indy.
So is everyone who received the cast version receiving a printed version?

So is everyone who received the cast version receiving a printed version?
For myself, I promised to provide proof that I have destroyed the cast once Andrea is ready to shipp the print.
I understood that he stopped the casting process in order to provide a printed hs. But the communication is not clear…

Yeah, none of this was clear to me. I had no idea that kind of discussion was going on since it wasn’t happening here. If what I get is a flawed casting then I guess all I can hope for is that PayPal will get a refund for me.

Yeah, none of this was clear to me. I had no idea that kind of discussion was going on since it wasn’t happening here. If what I get is a flawed casting then I guess all I can hope for is that PayPal will get a refund for me.
Looks like Berty is destroying the cast for exchange of the 3D Print. Would probably be the better option than opening up a claim. These casts weren't sent out with ill will. Sounds like Andrea will make sure everyone gets a sculpt they are happy with (hence the added option for the 3D print) He could have Said no to that from the get go. At least he's standing by his work and has integrity in making sure we all get a proper sculpt.

So if you have already received your sculpt, will we be provided with a new improved printed one? Sorry, it’s all a bit confusing. Thx

Back