INTEREST? Rooftop building base for 1:6 scale figures (P2 City Hunter, Batman,...)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan.never

Freakazoid
Reaction score
I have been working on a project for some time now, and I think it's time to reveal it. It started as a personal interest and I never taught I would offer it here. In fact I am still not convinced it will come alive, but since I put a lot of hours in it, at least I would like to see if there is some interest to it.

So, behold a much wanted (as far as I was reading on forum here) base for our P2 City Hunter 1:6 scale! The pictures I will be showing are still just a computer 3D renderings, as I am still looking for best 3D printing solutions (which don't come cheap at all!).

First things first – some info about the model and the scale. My main guideline was the famous P2 rooftop lighting scene, so I tried to copy as much of the proportions from that scene. The ornament heads were the tough ones, since the reference material differs a lot going from the poster to the scene itself and then finally the real life building. In fact, in the scene itself the two eagle heads (left and right from our hunter) are different (?!). Since I liked the right one best and since this one was revealed the most in the scene, I used that one for reference.
And then the scale - again different reference materials, and again I tried to match the rooftop building as much as I could. But I also kept in mind most of our shelf sizes and heights, so shelf space wouldn't be wasted, and most of us could fit it in our display cases. And of course, not to make it too big for 3D printing purposes as well (as the cost is determined mainly by cubic volume of the model).

So, now I reveal the final 3D model with city huter as reference:

model_present.jpg

model_layout.jpg

I am now currently investigating my 3D printing options and found some that could be doable. Unfortunately they do not come cheap, so I would like your opinion and interest vote. With the current best offer I have for printing service, I can estimate the cost at which I could offer this to you at about just under 300$ (+shipping). 3D printing is expensive and complicated matter, so this cost mostly covers just that, with only a minimal profit for my work hours used.
And this is not firm yet, as I would need your interest vote to see how much pieces to print (more pieces - better price). But I would need at least 20 to sign up to get this price.
The pieces would then be assembled and painted uniformly in two colors (base and head separately), ready to ship to you.

I am not asking for anyone to fully commit yet, I just want to see if there is any interest at all to get me started. So, please, if you are really interested, post in this thread your interest. And please, do not post if you are uncertain or "on the fence", I need to know as accurate number as possible since the final cost is determined by the total number of pieces printed.

No payment will be asked before I have a prototype to show. Only then, if you are satisfied with the final product, you will commit to purchase and put a down payment. I will leave this thread alive for at least two weeks to get the numbers in, and if not enough I will have to abandon the project.

So please, shoot away…
You are also welcome to give your opinion on my 3D model.

Cheers you all!

Last edited:
Amazing work, love it.

There are no other options rather than 3D printing for each of the pieces? Molds?

If the price goes down I might be interested.

Were are you from?

Amazing work, love it.

There are no other options rather than 3D printing for each of the pieces? Molds?

If the price goes down I might be interested.

Were are you from?

I am from Europe (Croatia).

I was considering molding, but the outcome is uncertain considering I have zero experiance in casting and the materials for this are rare and expensive from where I come from. The triangular base itself is too big for casting, there is too much volume to be filled with resin. 3D printer can make it hollow and thus use a lot less material. Casting of a hollow base like this is near impossible since there is no connection to be made between the inner hollow volume and the outer outline so the mold cannot be taken.
I was considering doing a print of only the base and doint the eagle statues from molds, combining two methotds like this could bring the cost down, but again - I would have to practise doing molds and casting which could end up costing me more than printing.

Sorry to see there is no interest for this. Oh well, I may make just one copy for myself and call it a day...

Back