Jerry Dandrige from "FRIGHT NIGHT" Sculpt

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AsGoodAsIt_Gittes

Freaked Out!
Reaction score
Anyone interested in "Vampire form" variant sculpt of Chris Sarandon's character, Jerry Dandrige from 1985's Fright Night? Fright-Night-2.jpg

Last edited:
Mr Barlow did in fact sculpt Jerry but never completed it to my knowledge and I emailed him quite a few times but he never corresponded or offered one to me as it was only a prototype at the time. I'm not sure if he's active on this forum anymore.

I am sculpting it by hand and need to work on it more before I post pictures. I am not a master sculptor but will do my very best to make it come to life. I noticed there are such technological advances these days with the 3D printing, practically anyone can print their own sculpts.

I'm hoping this is not truly the case as sculpting is an art form and should remain as one.

Im in for a Jerry sculpt and also for ed thompson and Peter Vincent.
Those expressions would be great ;)

33511489_10204382168509933_4231189406771314688_n.jpg
33622860_10204382168589935_1259032764758360064_n.jpg
3f7f1cc5e6d2f42e86cc725ece91839a.jpg

I am sculpting it by hand and need to work on it more before I post pictures. I am not a master sculptor but will do my very best to make it come to life. I noticed there are such technological advances these days with the 3D printing, practically anyone can print their own sculpts.

I'm hoping this is not truly the case as sculpting is an art form and should remain as one.

Advances in 3D printing only allow us to get better realized head sculpts in terms of finer details printed, etc. The head still must be sculpted by someone... it's just sculpted in a computer versus in the real world. So yes, anyone can PRINT a sculpt, but an artist still must SCULPT that head first, and that takes an immense amount of talent, no different than hand sculpting. I own 2 3D printers, so I can print head sculpts to my heart's content, but I'd still need an artist like you (if you did computer sculpting) to make the head sculpt for me first. You just happen to prefer to sculpt using physical media, and that's awesome. In my mind there is no difference in the talent level required... Waruna makes AMAZING head sculpt in the computer... JNix does unreal work using physical media... and in the end we get amazing head sculpts either way. So don't worry, the art form will never be lost :)

Advances in 3D printing only allow us to get better realized head sculpts in terms of finer details printed, etc. The head still must be sculpted by someone... it's just sculpted in a computer versus in the real world. So yes, anyone can PRINT a sculpt, but an artist still must SCULPT that head first, and that takes an immense amount of talent, no different than hand sculpting. I own 2 3D printers, so I can print head sculpts to my heart's content, but I'd still need an artist like you (if you did computer sculpting) to make the head sculpt for me first. You just happen to prefer to sculpt using physical media, and that's awesome. In my mind there is no difference in the talent level required... Waruna makes AMAZING head sculpt in the computer... JNix does unreal work using physical media... and in the end we get amazing head sculpts either way. So don't worry, the art form will never be lost :)

WORD!!!!

Back