(JNIX) Deckard sculpt/mod

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:fireworks

Finally!! Deckard is complete!! Thank you again for sharing this wonderful sculpt, Jnix. :duff:

36658414605_5447cd6dac_c.jpg

36658415595_9cf6932230_c.jpg

Re: (Jnix) Deckard sculpt/mod

Is there still a possibility for this to get in?

Thinking of Selling my Jnix Painted script
If anyone need one

Yeah it's still looking really odd to me as well. It just doesn't look like his natural hair at all, but more like a rug pulled down too far.

not to change the subject and definitely not your fault shorty, but i paid that dude 14 months ago, in advance, 100 dollars on top of his going rate, for my commission under the promise i was bumped to the top of his commission list and still haven't seen a damn thing.. Its frustrating to see these things posted for me because of that.

Well I rather not get into that. But I will say this. Nathan has become a personal friend that goes way beyond this hobby Mike. I know it's frustrating but it's not my place to tell him who's or what to paint next. Sorry pal. :(

You're never happy Ray. :lol

It's just frustrating because this misses the mark. The reusing of the sculpt worked for Indy super well and deckard was the most needed out of all the Harrison's and it looks very much like hair was sculpted over this which it was. Bespin han was either and this got weirder. I felt the same about hatless Indy too. The angle is so off it looks unnatural.

Indy works because the head is chopped off. Jnix has gotta retire this sculpt and do a new deckard from scratch. this one is not up to snuff and it's heartbreaking.

It's just frustrating because this misses the mark. The reusing of the sculpt worked for Indy super well and deckard was the most needed out of all the Harrison's and it looks very much like hair was sculpted over this which it was. Bespin han was either and this got weirder. I felt the same about hatless Indy too. The angle is so off it looks unnatural.

Indy works because the head is chopped off. Jnix has gotta retire this sculpt and do a new deckard from scratch. this one is not up to snuff and it's heartbreaking.

And having said all this let me just reiterate that I think Jnix is the best sculptor in the hobby these days.

I think we can all agree the widows peak isn't perfect but you can't be frustrated with him because if I remember correctly he did try to revise it.(which I thought looked better before but oh well) As a public offering, I feel like you can only push a sculptor so far with critiques and suggestions. If in the end he was happy with it, then at that point you either accept it or move on. There's other options out there. :huh
I feel like if you were to see this in hand though, it wouldn't bother you as much. Obviously the hair is a major factor but it's not a dealer breaker for me because the sculpt is just so phenomenal.

Back