(JNIX) Deckard sculpt/mod

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received it yesterday and inmediatly started to paint it. This is the w.i.p.
IMG_20170819_193802.jpgIMG_20170819_193759.jpg

It's just frustrating because this misses the mark. The reusing of the sculpt worked for Indy super well and deckard was the most needed out of all the Harrison's and it looks very much like hair was sculpted over this which it was. Bespin han was either and this got weirder. I felt the same about hatless Indy too. The angle is so off it looks unnatural.

Indy works because the head is chopped off. Jnix has gotta retire this sculpt and do a new deckard from scratch. this one is not up to snuff and it's heartbreaking.

To each his own of course. I agreed with you on the ESB Han. Picked it up but it didn't feel quite right, but this one and even the Indy with hair both seem improved over the ESB Han. Maybe not to the ANH Han level, but both still look excellent to me.

Received it yesterday and inmediatly started to paint it. This is the w.i.p.
Looking great, Aneses! :clap

How do you pronounce your user name, by the way? :lol

I see whats going on here. :lol

Not a knock on Nathan he's one of the best it could be just the heavy shadow from the lighting in your picture had it more pronounced.

It's the only other paint to compare it too other than the oddly light brown one Jnix posted awhile ago which I don't count.

Thanks fotr your kind words!

Nathan Eakins is one of the greatest at painting, no doubt about it. I really like the way he painted the head, including hair.
This is my version:

IMG_20170820_184534.jpgIMG_20170820_184539.jpgIMG_20170820_184545.jpg

That looks great, Cap'n Cook!

I've got an older set and just waiting on the painted sculpt to complete the figure. Where did you get the flowery figure base?... :wink1:

Back