[Joint Figure] 1/6 - Mohican Hawkeye -Caine/Fullmetal/Fergo

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool man. Its just that all the other parts on this are top notch and especially since we have been very patient with this project the clothes seem a bit rushed imo, bit formless and rushed especially the upper part. I think Geewhiz was initially chosen for this project but something went wrong there and a new tailor had to be found as far as I can remember. But we were asked to choose between the 2 options above I'm guessing this is final and tbh I dunno.. Not sure what the others think here, but I don't think the upper part of the outfit do the figure justice at this point. Just being totally honnest here.

I agree as well. Rick mentioned to me as well that he was looking at a 3rd option for the shirt.

I agree as well. Rick mentioned to me as well that he was looking at a 3rd option for the shirt.

Cool man as long as we are all on the same page here :) Current options bring the figure down a bit, the upper part/shirt reminds me of one the older GI JOE figures, think this can be improved :)

Good this is finally being finished. However not feeling the clothing completely, seems a bit bulky, not fitting that well. This is Geewhiz right? Cause on his website it seemed much better fitting. https://www.geewhizcustoms.com/86-16-scale-last-of-the-mohicans-hawkeye-kit-run

Rick replied:
"A new version of the shirt is already planned and will be made to be less bulky. But the covid 19 problem affected my search for the fabric as all local stores are closed. And i prefer not buy online to avoid what happened to shirt 1.0.
But i can´t give a deadline for this new version as i depend on the local market reopening again.

In the meantime i´m finishing the minor stuff to start shipping some sets for those who already chose to go with shirt 1.0 or 2.0. These sets will ship this april. Some may ship this week.

Best regards,

Ric"

Ric replied again regarding the shirt:
"Geewhiz it´s not involved in the project anymore. I tried many ways to make it happen and Bleau did some effort too, but was not enough.

Kister Clothing is the tailor who did the 02 versions of the outfit. But i sent him all the fabrics. Both fabrics are 0.5mm

I asked Geewhiz how thick is the fabric he used, but he says he can´t remember. And he never sent me that prototype so i will have to guess and keep trying. But some people told me is probably a kind of suede judging by the texture.

I also made a mistake using the jsx body for some pics and not messing with the outfit.

But what i really want to say is, your requests are valid and another shirt will be made to be less thick. As the movie used different versions, we will have one with the current sleeve lenght and another with long sleeve to be rolled.
I hope the stores open again soon to search for the right fabric. "

Ric asked me to post this regarding version 3 of the shirt:
"I´m speaking to some tailors to get some tips to the fabric and i´m liking what i saw that was recommended.

Kister also has a fabric that we never tested because i thought it was too thin (laughs). But now seems to fit.

There is a news today reporting that stores are opening again here in 10 days. Once they open i will be there to check the fabrics."

Ric asked me to post this for him. He is still trying to find the right fabric for the shirt. He has come up with two options. One is the white fabric shown below (seen next to the old fabric previously tried). He asked that you ignore the fact that the shirt is not accurate or the right color, it's just a quick test shirt, not what the project tailor would make. The second option is the tan shirt shown on the figure holding a knife. This shirt was made by one of his customers who has provided him with the source for the fabric. He wants to know everyone's opinion on which fabric they like best.

Personally I like the tan fabric the best. I think it lays right on the figure and has the right weave to it and appears the closest to how he looked in the movie. Please post your opinions.

newFabric002.jpg

This is the fabric I prefer. It's really the first one I've seen so far that looks right. It would be tailored to look like Hawkeye looked in the movie with the detailing around the shoulders, etc.

TanCustomersFabric.jpg

This is the fabric I prefer. It's really the first one I've seen so far that looks right. It would be tailored to look like Hawkeye looked in the movie with the detailing around the shoulders, etc.

View attachment 427725

Also prefer this one above the others, I think with the right details it's closest to what he actually wears in the movie. Thanks for listening to the people and their opinions, really appreciate that :)

I talked to Ric and he has the fabric we all liked on the way. Once he gets it he'll send it to the tailor to have it made into a correct shirt for Hawkeye. Looks like there's light at the end of the tunnel and we'll finally get this project finished.

One question tough, did Fergo actually delivered the items for this figure? I myself have a very bad experience with this guy. I'm waiting now for 4 years and counting for things I've already payed him for (roughly said about different 10 items, going from swords to leatherwork, maybe even more, lost count). Everytime I mention this or bring it back up he seems to be comming with new excuses or things to delay it even more. Contacted him a fiew times via FB (with months/years of time in between) but at this point I gave up on it, I don't think I'll receive any of those items. Tbh I think artists like these shouldn't be on this forum and I'd like to make more people aware of him (roughly said I payed around 800 USD ish, maybe more and never received anything in 4 years) The fact that he is on this project kinda bugs me since I don't want to support people like him.. I'm not sire if anyone else on here has a bad experience with him but I'd like to warn people about this. I'd like to pay for custom work and support artists who deserve it but not guys like these. They give artists a bad name imo.

Any updates for this project? Been a while now, so an update would be nice. Also I like to point out Fergo is a total scam, not sure if he even delivered for this project. But I definitely will never do business with him again (keeping me on a leash with his lies for 5 years + now, still waiting on a lot of stuff from him)

Ric emailed me today. He sent the new shirt fabric that we all liked to a new tailor and paid her a deposit in March but she is dragging her feet about getting the shirts done. So he is looking at two more tailors local to him and is going to have them both make prototype shirts to see if they can make the new shirts. I think he is going to check with the first tailor again this month to see if she has even started on the shirts.

A lot of the people Ric contracted to work on this project did not come through as promised or what they delivered was not good enough quality. He has had a heck of a time finding people to get this project finished. In the email he sent today he said he is determined to get this project finished this year and at a quality level we will all be happy with.

Again I am not connected with the manufacture of the figure, I am just a buyer like the rest of you. I'm just passing on Ric's updates because he asked me to. If you want to contact Ric directly you can always email him at [email protected].

Ric emailed me today. He sent the new shirt fabric that we all liked to a new tailor and paid her a deposit in March but she is dragging her feet about getting the shirts done. So he is looking at two more tailors local to him and is going to have them both make prototype shirts to see if they can make the new shirts. I think he is going to check with the first tailor again this month to see if she has even started on the shirts.

A lot of the people Ric contracted to work on this project did not come through as promised or what they delivered was not good enough quality. He has had a heck of a time finding people to get this project finished. In the email he sent today he said he is determined to get this project finished this year and at a quality level we will all be happy with.

Again I am not connected with the manufacture of the figure, I am just a buyer like the rest of you. I'm just passing on Ric's updates because he asked me to. If you want to contact Ric directly you can always email him at [email protected].
So still no updates on this one? :) Is there a way to contact Ric about this and check the status, another half year passed, a simple update once in a while isn't asking that much I think, esp sinc most of us already payed up a big sum if not the total amount

I did receive an email from Ric in mid-November and meant to update this thread. My apologies. Here is what he wrote:
'Hi Alan, i´m contacting you to say what´s going on the shirt soap opera.

Last september i asked the tailor about updates and she said was having some problems. I waited until October to ask again and without answers i sent a very impatient message. Then, she answered.

Said she has many projects to finish but promised me to deliver 6-7 shirts that are set aside for the full paid sets by the end of the year.

I requested before that i wanted the shirts to get delivered to buyers by christmas, not delivered to me, but she understood her own way.

Anyway, i hope she keeps her word. If i can get these by december or january i can finish the initial batch to ship them. About the other buyers with pending deposits, their shirts will be produced soon after this current batch.

And i have plans when i get this current batch to give one shirt to a local tailor try to make it so the production could be faster no matter the "official" tailor.'

Back