[Joint Figure] 1/6 - Mohican Hawkeye -Caine/Fullmetal/Fergo

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did receive an email from Ric in mid-November and meant to update this thread. My apologies. Here is what he wrote:
'Hi Alan, i´m contacting you to say what´s going on the shirt soap opera.

Last september i asked the tailor about updates and she said was having some problems. I waited until October to ask again and without answers i sent a very impatient message. Then, she answered.

Said she has many projects to finish but promised me to deliver 6-7 shirts that are set aside for the full paid sets by the end of the year.

I requested before that i wanted the shirts to get delivered to buyers by christmas, not delivered to me, but she understood her own way.

Anyway, i hope she keeps her word. If i can get these by december or january i can finish the initial batch to ship them. About the other buyers with pending deposits, their shirts will be produced soon after this current batch.

And i have plans when i get this current batch to give one shirt to a local tailor try to make it so the production could be faster no matter the "official" tailor.'
Thanks man, I think I'll contact Ric as well, I know the situation is not ideal, but getting no updates is mostly not a good sign and I thinks most people involved in this have been extremely patient, so an update now and then is appreciated, esp cause we payed up already hefty amounts :)

Just received this update from Ric:

"Hello Alan, finally good news for us all....

I was not totally satisfied with the leg garters done by the Kister, so i asked the current tailor to revise them. And now they look more natural than before. The previous ones had the strings too noticeable.

But the news everyone is expecting is the shirt. And i really need to thank everyone that insisted on a new thinner fabric. I was satisfied with the previous one, but these are really MUCH better, yes, THESE, because the tailor after getting the new fabric and checking it, found another one just as good. So we will not have supply problems.

She said the first batch will be finished this year yet. So expect the sets be shipped in january-february.

I´m working on the next sets already. I need to get a few parts and have some new heads painted. I think i mentioned before that the last heads hydeous painted were wrong in hair, tone. A waste of time and MONEY. So i need to have new ones painted to send a decent set to everyone.

I hope to be in touch again with more good news but if not, i wish you, and every supporter of this project a wonderful christmas and new years eve. If santa not bring Hawkeye to us all, 2022 will do !

Best Regards,

Ric"

Just received this update from Ric:

"Hello Alan, finally good news for us all....

I was not totally satisfied with the leg garters done by the Kister, so i asked the current tailor to revise them. And now they look more natural than before. The previous ones had the strings too noticeable.

But the news everyone is expecting is the shirt. And i really need to thank everyone that insisted on a new thinner fabric. I was satisfied with the previous one, but these are really MUCH better, yes, THESE, because the tailor after getting the new fabric and checking it, found another one just as good. So we will not have supply problems.

She said the first batch will be finished this year yet. So expect the sets be shipped in january-february.

I´m working on the next sets already. I need to get a few parts and have some new heads painted. I think i mentioned before that the last heads hydeous painted were wrong in hair, tone. A waste of time and MONEY. So i need to have new ones painted to send a decent set to everyone.

I hope to be in touch again with more good news but if not, i wish you, and every supporter of this project a wonderful christmas and new years eve. If santa not bring Hawkeye to us all, 2022 will do !

Best Regards,

Ric"
Yes I contacted him as well as you said. He cleared out a lot of stuff. Also the troubles he had with some of the artists involved in this project. So hopes are up again to see this finished ;) Not his fault tough, I have bad experiences with one of the artists involved in this project as well, talking about fergo. That guy is a through scumbag, lowest of them all, he basically stole around close to 800 USD from me (waiting 5 years on stuff he never even delivered, every year he came up with another excuse, untill I gave up asking since I used the paypal gift method and trusted this ahole), just a small advice never to deal with that guy. But I have faith in Rick ;)

I received an email from Ric this week. He said his tailor has finally started working on the shirts using the fabric we all preferred. She sent him this picture.
shirts.png

I received the following update from Ric by email yesterday along with the picture below
shirt_details.jpg
:

"Hi Alan, this it´s not the update i would like to inform but it´s something.
I asked the tailor about updates on the shirt and she sent me this pic last week. It´s a bunch of the most complicated/detailed pieces of the shirt. She is finishing them to construct the shirt. The other parts are no big deal.

These pieces are really time consuming, boring as hell to sewn as it´s a lot of hand work, reason why many tailors refused this project or didn´t care to do it the proper way.

This shirt is long delayed, but according to the tailor she has many people sick on her family that she needs to help or take care, so the work is moving slow. There is also other projects she is involved.

But let´s hope and pray she finishes the shirts this semester. I will keep sending updates soon as possible.

Best regards,
Ric"

Ric sent me an update by email a few days ago, he said:

Hi Alan, i wrote to the tailor early this month to ask about updates, here´s her answer sent these days:
"Sorry for reply 1 week later…but has been a hard week… my grandmother died last Thursday 😢. As you can read…my bad spell is not finished yet…

I have already checked my schedule and I am going to make a promise to you. The outfits will be shipped before ending of June."

She mentioned before that she has many old people in her family and that she takes care of some of them. But i apreciate her effort and comitment to what was agreed even with her grandmother´s passing recently.

I also asked about the next run. After these sets to cover the fully paid orders, i want to deliver more for those who are still interested in the project.

I will be in touch when more news come."

I'm new here and was just browsing older customs. Did this thing ever happen? Last of the mohicans Hawkeye is top want of mine.

It's still in progress. I heard from Ric a couple of days ago. Here is what he wrote:

Hello Alan, after some silence from the tailor i contacted her about the shirts since she said end of june they would be ready. She just answered:

"Hi Ricardo!
Sorry, I have failed again in my promise…🤦‍♀️ I have been moving of house and I have still everything in boxes.
The shirts are almost finished, I will send you some pictures as soon as I unpack the boxes
I have as much desire as you to finish this set of shirts but the circumstances are delaying the project…
"

Once she sends me the pics i will forward to you. I hope the shirts are really close to finish. But i was so impatient to finish this project that i hired another tailor. I will not end my deal with the current tailor. If the other tailor manage to get the shirt right i will use both to be sure i get all the shirts done for everyone, including possible new buyers.
And another update is that the new painter already got some hawkeye heads in his possession. Let´s hope he get the skin tone right, same as the bodies since hydeous failed on that.
Best regards,
Ric
Thanks for your trust and patient.

So he is still working on getting the figures finished.
Again, I am just conveying what Ric has said.

I received another update from Ric. He said the first tailor replied to him that she had moved and started a new full time job and had had a lot of changes in her personal life that were impacting the amount of time she could spend on the project. Nevertheless she "gave him her word" that she would finish the shirts as soon as possible and provided the below progress pictures.

thumbnail_image0.jpg

Back