Clothing set Jurassic Park - Dr. Alan Grant - Toribox/Yunsil [CLOSED/SHIPPING]

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jurassic Park - Dr. Alan Grant - Toribox/Yunsil clothing set [TAKING INTEREST]

I'm interested, as long as we get his hat! Either sculpted or not, whichever, not picky about that. Please add me to the list! And DoggieDoc, PLEASE make that Raptor claw!

Re: Jurassic Park - Dr. Alan Grant - Toribox/Yunsil clothing set [TAKING INTEREST]

I'm interested, as long as we get his hat! Either sculpted or not, whichever, not picky about that. Please add me to the list! And DoggieDoc, PLEASE make that Raptor claw!

It'll be done, don't worry :)

This thread getting better and better.

I'd love a hatted version too.

Let's get that interest list updated. We need to keep people encouraged about this.

I'd love a Grant figure but with no prototypes of anything I can't commit. There needs to at least be a digital render of the sculpt before people are expected to pay $200+ for just the outfit.

What are the odds of a 1/6 scale JP theme park fold up map to go with him?

Pretty sure somebody did that already. Might have been HunterDNC. He makes all kinds of miniature paper stuff and decals.

EDIT Yes it was Hunter. Found a picture of Ian holding it.
E842E3D9-F461-41F0-B353-E86A27E7E46E_zpsriscn3s3.jpg

Yeah, man, Hunter is the man when it comes to this stuff. He's helped me take my last few projects to the next level with his decals and paper goods!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Damn, thats pretty nice! May have to shoot him a PM before Grant is finalized.

Count me in at spot #26. I’m in under $200.

Got you down - thanks for your interest

Maybe you and Darthy would consider sliding in at the $225 bracket. Then we would only need five more to get there. That's a significant drop from where it is now. Of course, we would still need those five.

Good point rjszar. Let us know if that is something you would consider Darthy and Jayrod88?

I'm interested - please add me!

:hi5: Awesome thanks Djfresh - list updated

:yess: Got you down on the list which now means we have reached 15 interested! which qualifies us for the next price bracket (provided all send in deposits when the time comes) and of course another JP quote

Dr Grant, my dear Dr Sattler, welcome ... to Jurassic Park

Jurassic-Park-19.jpg

Ideally there will be both a hatted and unhatted sculpt available (I need one of each as I'm going to be doing two figures, one when he first arrives at the park with his hat, aviators and clean clothes and then one after he has trekked through the park with the kids and he is all muddy and without his hat). In any instance a sculpt with his classic hat is a necessity.

It'll be done, don't worry :)

:hi5: cannot wait!

This thread getting better and better.

Haha you said it!

I'd love a Grant figure but with no prototypes of anything I can't commit. There needs to at least be a digital render of the sculpt before people are expected to pay $200+ for just the outfit.

I hear what you are saying and I sympathise but like a lot of the other custom projects on the board we will need to collect in the deposits to secure a prototype for the clothing run. Yunsil does amazing work and I've never been less than 100% satisfied before so I'm sure it will turn out great.

Waruna is also a fantastic sculptor and his work keeps getting better and better (if possible). If you get a chance, I urge you to take a look at his recent sculpt of Mel Gibson from the movie the Patriot - Mel is very tough to capture and that sculpt looks perfect to me. I am confident that Waruna will knock Grant out of the (Jurassic) Park when he gets to him.

I'm also very very enthusiastic when it comes to a film as important to me as JP (read as a full on JP geek perfectionist), which means that every part of this project will be as good as we can make it - hopefully that might sway you towards jumping in and signing off on the Park?

Pretty sure somebody did that already. Might have been HunterDNC. He makes all kinds of miniature paper stuff and decals.

EDIT Yes it was Hunter. Found a picture of Ian holding it.

Thanks for finding that reference Rjszar, I remember seeing it ages ago in the Malcolm thread. I would definitely like a brochure as well when the time comes ... so if your ears are burning Hunter it's because we are singing your praises over here! Hopefully he can offer another run of these.

Yeah, man, Hunter is the man when it comes to this stuff. He's helped me take my last few projects to the next level with his decals and paper goods!

He definitely is DoggieDoc!

Whilst we are taking interest, did anyone have any thoughts on the body? Do we want to go with one which has a neck or without? My preference is to use a body with a neck so that we can avoid any joints showing around the neck area between the bandana and the shirt.

A body with a neck is usually the way to go.

I agree, body with neck!

Dr. Grant will be awesome, no doubt with the team we got and the enthusiastic fans. I’m excited to see more people getting on board!

If this figure goes off well, would anyone be interested in a John Hammond full figure? Imagine his amber cane in 1/6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Grant will be awesome, no doubt with the team we got and the enthusiastic fans. I’m excited to see more people getting on board!

If this figure goes off well, would anyone be interested in a John Hammond full figure? Imagine his amber cane in 1/6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ooooh.... now THAT would be fun to do!

I'm excited as this is my first custom I'm into but I wanted to clarify your comment above. The quoted price is for the complete item correct?

I'm excited as this is my first custom I'm into but I wanted to clarify your comment above. The quoted price is for the complete item correct?
Unless I misread, I thought the price was for the clothing set alone. Not including the sculpt, paint job, and body.

interested in everything put name down :D

Is it on to share this on 1:6 Social Media pages? I feel like we could squeeze in atleast another 15 buyers.
Any idea on how much the body, sculpt w/paint will cost?

Back