Ledger Joker sculpt by Vimal Kerketta (wip 6/20/16)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hairline is still a bit off. I'm not great at Photoshop (as you can see) but I did a quick edit. The only other thing I see is the eyes. While the shape is right, as the Joker Heath's eyes were usually pretty wide open.
1d7e3c5188b2f0f8d983d1837d56c50f.png

Is there still room left on the list. If so I would like to jump on this as well. Neck +C please.

Put me in for a neckC

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Is this even happening? Been a year now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this will be released through Kit Chen as most of Vimals sculpt's are now.

Really? Ok. Well then I guess I'll keep an eye on Kit Chen...on Facebook?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=common/home

If you look at the Jessica Jones and Jon Bernthal Punisher heads, you'll note "Super V" as the brand. It's for Vimal. He has partnered with Kit to bring his work out more affordably for the buyer.

:eek:fftopic:
Guys, what do you know about that VTS (Virtual Toys) company? Some of their prototypes look too good to be true. I'm referring to the Furiosa figure. I don't understand how she could be at a $152 price point, unless the quality is total crap. The PVC pieces look good, the sculpt is excellent, and there's plenty of mixed-media outfitting. Am I missing something?

:eek:fftopic:
Guys, what do you know about that VTS (Virtual Toys) company? Some of their prototypes look too good to be true. I'm referring to the Furiosa figure. I don't understand how she could be at a $152 price point, unless the quality is total crap. The PVC pieces look good, the sculpt is excellent, and there's plenty of mixed-media outfitting. Am I missing something?

Your earlier version referred to comparing it to Hot Toys. VTS' version is unlicensed, meaning they don't pay the studios money, which is going to make their version 10-20% cheaper right off the bat.

A lot of time is wasted in licensing, sending sculpts back and forth for approvals, that sort of thing, time = money, sooooo more time in approvals, equals more dollars spent in design that needs to be recouped.

VTS doesn't need approval on anything, they just do whatever they want.

Also, Hot Toys would employ "top-tier" sculptors that are going to demand top money.

It's like comparing Pepsi to RC Cola, one brand just costs more because it's more popular and more prestigious, you're paying for the brand. VTS is just the house brand of the factory, just like Kirkland is the store brand for Costco. I've seen many people claim Kirkland Vodka is as good or better than Grey Goose Vodka, but Grey Goose spends millions per year marketing that Grey Goose is worth the extra cost.

We see Hot Toys with extravagant displays in toy shops and at conventions, that costs money. VTS doesn't do that. Hot Toys simply spends more money as they are a bigger operation.

There are also subtle things, like opening a Hot Toys figure is going to feel like opening a hermetically sealed container at times. The plastic trays seem precision fit. Whereas a VTS figure will be in a more generic foam tray. The plastic tray that Hot Toys uses is going to be "custom-fit" for the figure, and they're going to make a new mold for that each time. VTS is just going to cut out the foam, so it's not going to be as cost-intensive.

None of these things really effect the final figure quality, but buying a Hot Toys is more like an 'experience' in my view.

VTS has been around for a number of years now. Their figures are very good. However, they look to be dipping their toes into the licensed figure game, with their recent announcement of Assassin's Creed figures, so don't expect to many more unlicensed figures from them. I'd imagine their Assassin's Creed line will reach the $200+ price point. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Last edited:
VTS don't have the creed license Damtoys do....Apart from that you summed it up perfectly.

haha, good spot. I've always considered DAM and VTS to be the same company, so when I saw that announcement, my brain didn't notice the difference. In that case, perhaps we could continue to expect unlicensed from VTS, while DAM maintains plausible deniability

@SwedishHeat

Thank you very much for summing all of that up! What you say makes sense. So I guess I'd be a fool not to order Furiosa at that price (with the hope that the final compares to the prototype... but we hope that with every manufactured figure). I'll just chalk it up to being a "good deal." You made my decision very easy :)

Back