Mad max by Sean dabbs. acsserioes wip on pg 72

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mad max by Sean dabbs. Outfits complete pg 55!!!!!

Will Sean send the heads to the European customers directly ?

To my knowledge yes Sean is handeling the overseas heads.

Thanks Luis

Yeah I got my clean head yesterday and send it off to the painter tomorrow. Very excited to see the finished product.

Got my heads as well and they look good. Maybe just a hair to thin
in the jawline to chin, but still pretty nice.
I'm also digging the battle damage hair much more
than the regular. But that's just personal preference.:wink1:

Though, for some reason I thought they would be cast to
fit the HT TTM-19 or like body. Wasn't that a conversation
with Sean and the people in this thread? Or am I just imagining that?

I just checked and it says it in the very first thread...:(

Oh well.

They will need a good drilling for the peg and there is not a lot of room
to make the neck hole any wider. So you will have to dremel down
the neck on the HT TTM-19 for it to fit correctly on the body.

Make sure you do that before you send it to the painters...:lol

Last edited:

Got my heads as well and they look good. Maybe just a hair to thin
in the jawline to chin, but still pretty nice.
I'm also digging the battle damage hair much more
than the regular. But that's just personal preference.:wink1:

Though, for some reason I thought they would be cast to
fit the HT TTM-19 or like body. Wasn't that a conversation
with Sean and the people in this thread? Or am I just imagining that?

I just checked and it says it in the very first thread...:(

Oh well.

They will need a good drilling for the peg and there is not a lot of room
to make the neck hole any wider. So you will have to dremel down
the neck on the HT TTM-19 for it to fit correctly on the body.

Make sure you do that before you send it to the painters...:lol

we want pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) In the pics I saw did not see much difference in the hair between the normal and the bd version.

Not like drilling. I remember Sean´s Macready head did not need much drilling, it fitted almost perfectly.

Hey Guys, I have received the non US orders here in France will be sending them out to you good people shortly - hold on!!

IKE-CON - are you using a ttm19 or a wolverine body? The wolverine body has a much thicker neck than a standard ttm19. If not then that's a poor show, as like you say they were meant to be sculpted to fit the ttm19. Still, hopefully won't need massive amounts of modding. Disappointing though :(

IKE-CON - are you using a ttm19 or a wolverine body? The wolverine body has a much thicker neck than a standard ttm19. If not then that's a poor show, as like you say they were meant to be sculpted to fit the ttm19. Still, hopefully won't need massive amounts of modding. Disappointing though :(

I sized it up to the best of my ability to the ttm19 - sorry if some of you feel it does not fit well :(

Apologies Sean, no insult was intended. I appreciate that molding and casting things always produces variations in size and shape. I in no way intended to disparage your work. It's just with any project that takes time to complete, ecpectiations and excitement grow, and silly little things can cause disappointment due to unrealistic expectations. Any custom project needs little tweaks here and there. As collectors I fear we all suffer from "I want it now, and I want it perfect" syndrome, which is never going to lead anywhere good. If the sculpts are as good as they looked in the renderings, and as good as people have so far said, then I'm sure complaints will be few and far between and we'll all end up with stunning representations of Max.

As collectors I fear we all suffer from "I want it now, and I want it perfect" syndrome, which is never going to lead anywhere good. If the sculpts are as good as they looked in the renderings, and as good as people have so far said, then I'm sure complaints will be few and far between and we'll all end up with stunning representations of Max.

True. I want the heads right now!!!!!!!!!!!! :lecture

MM2_Max_shooting_from_truck1_done_800.jpg

This is a long project, the longest Ive been in, and sometimes I have no patience, I want to have certain pieces and get it done. From previous projects Ive learned that its better to have a few items and a lot of time to make tests, trial and errors and take then the correct decision, then the figure looks amazing.

We have a lot of things pending yet (items, belt, shotgun, knee and shoulderpad, doog) but I think in the end this will be by far the more complicated figure/ project and my favourite one, specailly the satisfaction of customizing and not just open a box and taking it out.

I would have loved that the heads were done in a more fleshy rubber material like the real production ones from HT or othr companies, dont know why they cant be donde like that. ¿money? ¿less detail?

and again thank you Sean for your work and helping us on this project, love your art and passion. Hope to have them soon

Let's preface this with; for me it's not that big of a deal, because I'm used to modding bodies and sculpts.
You just dremel the inside neck peg connector and some of the top outside of the neck and it will sit right.

It's an original TTM-19 right out of the box. Its needs more width and depth for the neck to fit correctly and
the peg hole needs to be wider and deeper as well. Because there isn't much you can do about the width
of the neck hole, you have to dremel the width of the neck and inside neck peg connector itself.

Pictures

Max before anything is done. Peg end doesn't fit in hole, if it did, it would still need to be drilled deeper.
Max%20before%20mods%20_zpsc3x6od1w.jpg

Max without peg, sitting on top of neck, neck does not go in hole. Close, but a mm or 2 off.
Max%20without%20peg_zps1hvua5wj.jpg

max%20without%20peg%202_zpsumkbyt3r.jpg

Max without peg and inside neck peg connector, so I was able to bend the neck to fit inside head like it's suppose to.
This can be accomplished by what I said earlier, dremeling down the inside neck connector width and outside top of neck.
This would create the same result and have the head sitting pretty..:)
max%20without%20peg%20and%20inside%20joint%20_zpspjf8lr1a.jpg

If you actually have a Hot Toys TTM-19 and want help with mods, let me know and I can do a step-by-step if need be.
If your going with a world box or HT clone, some of those have even wider necks.

10pm Update: I was able to get it to fit with just deeper wider peg hole and dremeling down the
inside neck peg connectors width as much as I could. That gave enough play in the neck rubber
to go into the neck hole in the sculpt and sit correctly. So no need to take some width off the rubber part of the neck

Last edited:

we want pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) In the pics I saw did not see much difference in the hair between the normal and the bd version.

Not like drilling. I remember Sean´s Macready head did not need much drilling, it fitted almost perfectly.

The BD head hair is more spiked out on the sides and some parts of the top and the back is
slightly different.

P1150518_zpsqvit6ivf.jpg

P1150519_zpsyeevk9wp.jpg

Hard to capture in pictures unless you did a side-by-side of each section of the hair for both heads.

Wow, these look amazing, even totally unpainted you can identify the quality of the work.

I suppose I'm $h!+ out of luck with jumping in on this project at this stage?

Ike-con, thanks for the pics and the explanations. I can see now the difference in the hair between the normal and the bd head.

I have a few bodies and a lot of neck connectors (size and length) in my toolbox so I will try an give you and update as soon as the heads arrive.

Still a lot of work to do on this guy, but having the heads is a major step.

Ike-con, thanks for the pics and the explanations. I can see now the difference in the hair between the normal and the bd head.

I have a few bodies and a lot of neck connectors (size and length) in my toolbox so I will try an give you and update as soon as the heads arrive.

Still a lot of work to do on this guy, but having the heads is a major step.

Yeah, I really like the spiked hair on the BD version...really screams Max.

Any news on the heads shipping to Europe (and in particular the UK)? Thanks!

Back