Oldboy by Cheungkinmen

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking really good. Maybe add a little to the cheeks. If you look at the pic that you referenced, his cheeks look a little like golf ball underneath the cheek.

The picture on the first post is not usable since he has kind of a smirk, and we are going for a serious look, but still they are in the sculpt, I am using this as a reference:

oldboy-1.jpg

This sculpt is looking awesome JOhnny, I need to watch this movie now.

I needed to watch the movie before sculpting, and oh boy did it left a scar deep in my soul :S , haha. This movie is definitely not for the faint of heart!, but it has been one my favorite movies since then, haha.

Thanks Ted! :)

Great photos. :panic: I'm really impressed with how well you've captured the character , particularly in such a short space of time.
Looking forward to seeing this finished , have you used real hair before Johnny ?.

I'm biased in wanting an I saw the devil version since I already have a Byung-hun Lee from the movie. :lol

He looks good Johnny. I agree about the cheeks. I think his cheeks are a little more poofy near the cheekbones. Is it possible to still get the head? Maybe with a necked version? I think he would work well with the Hot Toys standard body.

Johnny that is just insane!!!

One of the best sculpts I have ever set my eyes on :rock

thats looking great, you captured the likeness. i got the movie other day yet to watch it

First post updated.

I have added all the new wips from Johnny.

I have also included some new details regarding the sculpt.

If you are not happy with the new details then please pm me and I can remove you from the list. If I do not receive a pm I will assume the current 15 are happy with the new details.

Thanks a lot guys! Glad you guys are liking it.

@Tay: To be honest, I've never handled real hair on a sculpt before so this is going to be my first. When Turd Fergusson approached me the first time, I was reluctant on taking on the project specifically because of the hair, but anyways, Rainman got involved, so I had to say yes, haha. Still, I will be conducting tests, so this would take a bit until I get it down.

@John: Hey man, unfortunately this is going to be neckless and haired and painted, it will be a set with some arms for the character I was commissioned :( sorry :( .

Back