PAINTED PICTURES - Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance from The Shining Head Sculpt

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SculptorJoel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance in The Shining Head Sculpt
Just thought that I would throw up an interest thread for a custom head sculpt that I have been working on and recently completed.
It is of course Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance in The Shining.
I made this as a replacement for the Subway Toys version.
As the pictures show, the sculpt is side by side with Subway Toy's head sculpt, the reason for this being is that is it is about a 85% reworked Subway sculpt. I know a lot of people do not like this when things are re sculpted but you can see the huge changes between the two sculpts and I think that it has been changed enough to be offered out.

The head sculpt has been modded to be neck less and unpainted.

These will hopefully be casted later on this week and the price is:
$26 delivered to UK
$32 delivered abroad
All items are sent tracked/ recorded.

Just coated some grey over it to bring out all the details, I am using it but will cast if enough interest.
DSCN5514_zps92f9d1d9.jpg

Here is the original sculpt with my paint job. Just loosely placed on a neck adapter.

DSCN5521_zps02b6f3a9.jpg

DSCN5522_zps36b8e7d3.jpg

DSCN5523_zps7f6ca8b8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: FINISHED SCULPT - Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance from The Shining Head Sculpt

I am using this original sculpt so when finished painting it up, you will be able to see how it looks.

Re: FINISHED SCULPT - Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance from The Shining Head Sculpt

You should zoom in closer to the sculpts, no need for all that background. And try not to use the flash.

You should zoom in closer to the sculpts, no need for all that background. And try not to use the flash.

Thanks for the advice Evilface.

Good looking so far! I will wait for more detailed pics and the painted look.

Good looking so far! I will wait for more detailed pics and the painted look.

No worries, I have painted it all up, and will compare itto Subway's sculpt.​

Will you offer these only unpainted or painted too?

Will you offer these only unpainted or painted too?

Hi, I might paint up a few but we'll see, see what you think of my one I have painted.

I like the skin color of the Subway head. It looks kinda older and creepier. Also the eyes were quite nice. If you could transfer these it would be a nice improvement, because for now especially the eyes could use more expression. One thing I had to check on a few photos were the teeth. Usually he is displayed showing also a little of the lower teeth, making him look more angry. Maybe this could help to get it closer :)

I like the skin color of the Subway head. It looks kinda older and creepier. Also the eyes were quite nice. If you could transfer these it would be a nice improvement, because for now especially the eyes could use more expression. One thing I had to check on a few photos were the teeth. Usually he is displayed showing also a little of the lower teeth, making him look more angry. Maybe this could help to get it closer :)

Thanks for the advice, most probably all the paint but the expression was re done to differ away from Subway sculpt so went with the smiling open mouth but no showing bottom row of teeth, based of the 'talking to Lloyd' scenes. If you watch some of those scenes, you will see it. :hi5: As for the skin colour, Subway's sculpt almost looks yellow compared to other figures eg Hot Toys so went for a realistic skin tone.

OK, these are now being made to order. I have got one ready to go now £17 delivered to UK or £23 any where else.

Back