Preorder Opened Now!!! Royal Guard Of Rohan 1:6 Custom Project!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hefestion

Hi folks! :wave

What do you think about this beautiful thing?:

final7.jpg

final1.jpg

final6.jpg

final9.jpg

final2.jpg

final5.jpg

final3.jpg

final8.jpg

It is a 1:6 Royal Guard Of Rohan custom project from a fantastic high detailed spanish sculptor known as Esaga201, who is finishing the master piece, nearly ready to make copies. He has been working on it for months, taking care on any detail, and offering pics of all the process kindly.

As a curiosity... have you ever seen this Royal Guard as part of another statue???... :yess:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Royal Guard Of Rohan 1:6 Custom Project

So want. I've wanted a 6th scale Royla Guard since I first saw them. Would be awesome if he made the pieces for a 1/6 figure.

It is 1:6... See the description on the title of the post... :wink1:

Not a statue but a 1/6 figure-articulation. Still would be cool to have.

Sorry for the misunderstood by my side! :wink1:

I dont think he is going to work it with articulations, just a 1:6 statue... :thud:

This looks really cool, but I worry about cost. Shipping from Spain and it being a custom, plus getting it painted. Only thing I dislike about it is the bottom sticker is Spanish :p

We could ask for an international version! :rotfl

Edit: I have asked him, and he wouldn´t mind to do a base stick on english :yess:

Sweet! Does he have any idea when this will be done/ price?

Private message answered, Darin! ;)

Nobody answered this... :impatient:

"As a curiosity... have you ever seen this Royal Guard as part of another statue???..."

images

:horror :rotfl

Hi all!, :wave

Sorry for not giving you any news about this project! I have been abroad for ten days totally out of line! :(

The sculptor is working on the copies but has had quite a lot of problems with the resing mix that he is using, and finally first pieces are coming to light:

2012-08-16185204.jpg

2012-08-16185639.jpg

He has to work with the little bubbles that appear on the copies, so as soon as I have news will post them here! :yess:

Hugs for the community! :hi5:

Any information how many copies will be made and how much a (un)painted version will cost?
Will the statue be in scale with SS's maquette line?

Last edited:

The scale is 1:6, according with the maquette line. The sculptor has some of them so he has follow the scale.

At the moment he is working with the molds and I have asked him about the number of copies. As soon as he tell me will let you know :wink1:

Molds are in production and doing ok! Accesories and part of the armor are ready!. More news coming soon! :hi5:

I am coming back with good news! :yess:

Molds are ready and the first copy is going to be sent to the painter!. He cannot say anything yet about prices because wants to wait till the copy is painted (at the end of this month) to show both options.

The label under the base is a professional rohir style design, numbered and in english. He is still studying how many copies are going to be produced.

Piezasnuevas.jpg

Primeracopia4.jpg

Primeracopia3.jpg

Primeracopia2.jpg

Primeracopia1.jpg

There are some imperfections that need to be filed, as you can see on the bonfire, but that is normal when you work with resin.

I will come back with some more news as soon as the sculptor shows me!

:hi5:

Am back to post a new pic so you can compare the size with Sideshow Gimli Maquette:

comparar2.jpg

Hope you enjoy it! :wink1:

The statue is now being painted so I will post pics as soon as I receive them.

:wave

muster the rohirim.
looks great so far

I wouls still love to take all the parts to make a 1/6 articulated figure-might be possible.

Hi dwing!, the sculptor will sell the statue as a kit, so you can customized it as you want :yess:

Andddd... Today is the day!!! :panic:

Preorder is opened for this gorgeous Royal Guard Of Rohan 1:6!!! :yess:

2_zps0b107e7b.jpg

Am gonna give you all the information that the sculptor has given me, exactly as has been posted on our spanish collectors forum:

The sculptor has used a high quality flexible resin that will gonna help in case one of the parts fells to the floor (but attention!, it is not indestructible!) :lol

Here is his website for references:

https://www.facebook.com/e.sagamodelismo

The painter is a very well known artist at Spain, known as Elmen, who is nowadays also working at movies. Here is his website so you can have a reference:

www.unmundoaotraescala.com

The first unit is being painted now and will take three weeks to finish it, but pics of the procedure will be posted for you.

The Royal Guard Of Rohan will have two versions:

Exclusive:

This edition will be limited and numbered (between 20 and 25 units, still on study by the sculptor).

lanzaspeana2_zps750f419e.jpg

This version includes:

- A rohirrim style sticker under the base, made by a graphic designer, with the name of the figure in english (the sculptor and the painter are still thinking about signing it). It will be posted very soon.

- Two heads, one with helmet and another completed one without it.

- Right hand holding a spear and an additional right hand with a sword, including and additional hilt to put it on the scabbard in case you mount it with the spear.

- A cauldron and three parts of rohirrim spears to decorate the base as you prefer (this detail is a surprise never shown till now)

lanzaspeana1_zps50d5fd3a.jpg

The final cost for the exclusive mounted / painted version will be 500$ + 60$ shipping.

The final cost for the exclusive unmounted / unpainted version will be 260$ + 60$ shipping.

Regular:

- The sticker under the base will have the same design as the exclusive one, also in english.

- The head with the helmet is the only one included.

- The weapon on the right hand will be the spear (the most iconic one for this character)

- At the base just the three parts of rohirrim spears are included.

The final cost for the regular mounted / painted version will be 440$ + 60$ shipping.

The final cost for the regular unmounted / unpainted version will be 235$ + 60$ shipping.

Payments can be done by Paypal, and the shipping costs, in both versions and options, are adjusted as much as possible to the country destination, and customs fees or other charges are not included. Shipping costs include tracking number, signature upon delivery and insurance.

The unmounted / unpainted versions may have little burrs that will need to be clean.

So preorders are opened now and, if anyone is interested, we can start a reservation list on this thread. All questions are welcome, so don´t hesitate to contact me here or by private messages in case you need further details.

Many thanks to all of you who have enjoyed this project, and for all the patience you have had waiting for news!.

Best wishes! :1-1:

Back