Diorama [Toribox Update] Ultimate Custom 1/6 'E.T. & Elliott | Flight & Goodbye Scene'

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy is a ****ing clown.

No solid update, just rinse and repeat of the same excuses after excuses. I don't know how anyone has a shred of faith in anything you do or say.

I am SO THANKFUL I dodged a bullet with this set and bet on the other horse.
Andy was able to complete his full run in an 8 month time frame. From time of preorder to shipped!
KJUN just released his amazing masterpiece of a set of MacReady in just over 12 months. With fully haired hair and beard mind you!

Get your shit together man.

No solid update, just rinse and repeat of the same excuses after excuses. I don't know how anyone has a shred of faith in anything you do or say.

Andy was able to complete his full run in an 8 month time frame. From time of preorder to shipped!
KJUN just released his amazing masterpiece of a set of MacReady in just over 12 months. With fully haired hair and beard mind you!

So to give some defense to him.....here are a few things you guys don't know when it comes to organizing a run. Yunsil's wait time is extremely long...just for a prototype. She has a massive amount of order to take on which is why they are not taking any orders as of now. If there are other artist or people involved then it will take time due to their schedule and time on shipping back and forth. KJun's projects have taken over 2yrs.....the Thing was just over 2 as well as the Dude set. Andy completed his set because he did everything himself in house except the outfit....anyone who does that of course they will finish in time but this is not Andy's set. This set seems to be more complicated than Andy's and it is taking the time that is needed to complete it. Now can the communication be better? Yes....that is why its best to do it on Facebook in a group chat than to come here all the time with updates. For those that just sit on the outside....ask questions....understand what it takes to be organize a run....it is very difficult and stressful because we have people that do stupid shit on the outside that people don't know about. I've had people waste my time because they can't pay on time....i've had people communicate with the artist and other people when that is a straight no no. That causes confusion because now they have to report to more than one person???? I've had people hold up the run because they forgot and now they don't have the money to pay the rest. Very stressful.......
Now some advice for Fan.....your outfits are on the way....start giving weekly updates on here so it can calm your customers down. Try and get a schedule from anyone else that is helping you on when they will finish their part. Give the updates.....

So to give some defense to him.....here are a few things you guys don't know when it comes to organizing a run. Yunsil's wait time is extremely long...just for a prototype. She has a massive amount of order to take on which is why they are not taking any orders as of now. If there are other artist or people involved then it will take time due to their schedule and time on shipping back and forth. KJun's projects have taken over 2yrs.....the Thing was just over 2 as well as the Dude set. Andy completed his set because he did everything himself in house except the outfit....anyone who does that of course they will finish in time but this is not Andy's set. This set seems to be more complicated than Andy's and it is taking the time that is needed to complete it. Now can the communication be better? Yes....that is why its best to do it on Facebook in a group chat than to come here all the time with updates. For those that just sit on the outside....ask questions....understand what it takes to be organize a run....it is very difficult and stressful because we have people that do stupid shit on the outside that people don't know about. I've had people waste my time because they can't pay on time....i've had people communicate with the artist and other people when that is a straight no no. That causes confusion because now they have to report to more than one person???? I've had people hold up the run because they forgot and now they don't have the money to pay the rest. Very stressful.......
Now some advice for Fan.....your outfits are on the way....start giving weekly updates on here so it can calm your customers down. Try and get a schedule from anyone else that is helping you on when they will finish their part. Give the updates.....
Kjuns Mac run went up for order in March of last year (when he started taking deposits to secure the spot). Delivery April of this year. Im speaking of between preorder (deposit time) to shipping.
I know Yunsils track record of being extremely booked and wait time reflects that. But we arent talking about Yunsil here.
Andy outsourced the Sculpts, and Elliott paint up with Jacob as well (who is also extremely booked out months in advanced as well).
EDIT: Also, looking back, we arent talking about two years. Or even three...This project was started (or originally posted) in March of 2019. We have passed four years. I understand that those on this run want to stay hopeful and come to Fans defense, but four years leaves very little ground to defend on. IMHO.

Last edited:

CT,

Let’s play nice . We all understand the frustration but let’s not add oil to the fire with additional name calling.

It will not help and only cause even more frustration. I’m sure @Fan will start accommodating refunds for those who no longer want to wait any longer.

Kjuns Mac run went up for order in March of last year (when he started taking deposits to secure the spot). Delivery April of this year. Im speaking of between preorder (deposit time) to shipping.
I know Yunsils track record of being extremely booked and wait time reflects that. But we arent talking about Yunsil here.
Andy outsourced the Sculpts, and Elliott paint up with Jacob as well (who is also extremely booked out months in advanced as well).
EDIT: Also, looking back, we arent talking about two years. Or even three...This project was started (or originally posted) in March of 2019. We have passed four years. I understand that those on this run want to stay hopeful and come to Fans defense, but four years leaves very little ground to defend on. IMHO.
But he started prior to taking pre orders so its not fair for someone who took orders with nothing started. My runs don't start ahead of pre order time....and they have taken 2yrs.
Andy's run was pretty good but again Andy did about 60% of the work....Jacob was booked for months....Yunsil is book for over a year. You will not see a prototype for a year.....Fan is just now receiving the goods from her. It takes time....can't his communication be better? yes....update the folks if there are any issues. i'll say it again to those...if you can't wait.....don't jump on custom runs.
I'm always patient but i'm involved in a Ones Customs run and i will never ever do that again. Its been two years this month since i placed a deposit down and nothing...and i mean nothing has been done or shown. His work ethics continue to be the same over the years and i was fooled into the run with promises of completion in 6 months. Now i'm stuck because that deposit can't be refunded because the organizers are broke and can't afford to do the refund. Yet custom figures pop up every now and then when money is needed so a quick sale happens and we are still waiting to see something done for the run. 2yrs........deposit made.....no updates. That i will never do again.......

Last edited:
If he delivers with the same quality that is shown on the first page...the wait will be worth it. The quality is above and beyond with the best tailor in the game. So Fan....you need to deliver!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the discussion, guys. I am taking all kinds criticism and punches when it’s appropriate but it says a lot if the most harsh ones come from some not even involved in the project.

There is no point in your comment. Just one page earleier I explained that there hasn't been much progress in my project for months and you made it clear that you love Andy's set multiple times in other comments before. Redundancy.

You try to compare a project obviously aimed at a fast delivery, run by a full time business custom project maker to a project focussed on the finest details, run by a free time custom project maker who is working with way more other artists on this project. Pointless.

Take the flower pots as a an example, even just these took several months.

70efc3fc29418d4e78aa0597afed9197.jpg

a94e943e25813ff77267c8e1f1927154.jpg

You are pushing me to make this comparison. I would not usually state it this clear on my own but if you don't see the difference, who is the clown?!

Yes, I became way to slow even for my own taste for quite a while but guys like you, trying to paint the picture that custom projects should be completed faster than many licensed releases are on another level.

... Bike chain links, while cool are just completely unnecessary for what will primarily be a static piece.
While I aim for a functioning chain, the links I am making are more about achieving the accurate scale. Stock miniature chains are to bulky and make the BMX look out of scale.

... This set seems to be more complicated than Andy's and it is taking the time that is needed to complete it. ...

If he delivers with the same quality that is shown on the first page...the wait will be worth it. The quality is above and beyond with the best tailor in the game. So Fan....you need to deliver!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, I will not disappoint in then end.

Last edited:
Thanks for the discussion, guys. I am taking all kinds criticism and punches when it’s appropriate but it says a lot if the most harsh ones come from some not even involved in the project.

There is no point in your comment. Just one page earleier I explained that there hasn't been much progress in my project for months and you made it clear that you love Andy's set multiple times in other comments before. Redundancy.

You try to compare a project obviously aimed at a fast delivery, run by a full time business custom project maker to a project focussed on the finest details, run by a free time custom project maker who is working with way more other artists on this project. Pointless.

You are pushing me to make this comparison. I would not usually state it this clear on my own but if you don't see the difference, who is the clown?!

Yes, I became way to slow even for my own taste for quite a while but guys like you, trying to paint the picture that custom projects should be completed faster than many licensed releases are on another level.

While I aim for a functioning chain, the links I am making are more about achieving the accurate scale. Stock miniature chains are to bulky and make the BMX look out of scale.

HUGE difference when comparing is that Custom Runner A. has produced a full figure run with huge success and made good on his obligations when Custom Runner B. has yet to make good on anything shown here. I feel for all those still waiting. I really do. Unfortunate. You make good on your obligation and actually DELIVER on this then I retract my criticism. But I highly doubt that will ever happen. For those on the run I hope so. But from what I hear I really highly, strongly have my doubts.

Yeah, but none of the "screen accuracy" is really going to matter if the project isn't finished. As a collector, I couldn't care less if something as arbitrary as the chain is accurate or not. People want the figure in their hands. To Odell's point, Yunsil takes a long time (probably all those Leia runs), but 4 years is long enough to have had everything else completed at this point. You should just be waiting for the clothing to get to you at this point. Not still working on all that extra stuff. Think about what's important to this project, yeah it's great you have all these extras (IMHO, they're necessary. Reeses pieces, really?) but you're not delivering what's important. And your rep is like that with other projects too. If you cant deliver in a timely fashion, stop trying to do so many runs. Cause right now, your rep is kinda bad.

Yeah, but none of the "screen accuracy" is really going to matter if the project isn't finished. As a collector, I couldn't care less if something as arbitrary as the chain is accurate or not. People want the figure in their hands. To Odell's point, Yunsil takes a long time (probably all those Leia runs), but 4 years is long enough to have had everything else completed at this point. You should just be waiting for the clothing to get to you at this point. Not still working on all that extra stuff. Think about what's important to this project, yeah it's great you have all these extras (IMHO, they're necessary. Reeses pieces, really?) but you're not delivering what's important. And your rep is like that with other projects too. If you cant deliver in a timely fashion, stop trying to do so many runs. Cause right now, your rep is kinda bad.
Princess Leia....LOL

HUGE difference when comparing is that Custom Runner A. has produced a full figure run with huge success and made good on his obligations when Custom Runner B. has yet to make good on anything shown here. I feel for all those still waiting. I really do. Unfortunate. You make good on your obligation and actually DELIVER on this then I retract my criticism. But I highly doubt that will ever happen. For those on the run I hope so. But from what I hear I really highly, strongly have my doubts.
Another repetition... another repetitive answer. HUGE difference when comparing him, a full-time business Custom Runner with me, a spare time Custom Runner. Yet - again - I know that I became much to slow.

As I told you

I mark your words but no need to retract your criticism after I delivered. Honestly, not only to me it looks like you would actually rather like to see this project fail to make your point, and to feel better with the set you already received, instead of reflecting on anything you see here in an unbiased fashion.

You aren't unbiased and Andy isn't either. It's only logical, but you could have kept it to yourselves. To each his own.

I could have laughed about A LOT in the super fast project you joined (figure sizes and ratio, print lines, many inaccurate or even missing details) but I resisted out of respect for the other collectors. But if you and Andy ask for it, I will be happy to share a full assessment at the end. Enough is enough.

... I couldn't care less if something as arbitrary as the chain is accurate or not ...

Not the opinion of most involved in this project.

... Reeses pieces, really? ...

And yes for sure! This was a wish of several collectors, it is quite a significant prop in the movie after all. So I took the challenge and make it happen for everyone involved. But it is not just about the accessories, I put that same attention to detail into the figures and sceneries over months until I could no longer focus for a longer time than expected.

Again, not asking for any understanding or support here, I'm just clarifying.

4136a11f8f048be796fc567f284903aa.png

... If you cant deliver in a timely fashion, stop trying to do so many runs. Cause right now, your rep is kinda bad.

True. Already stopped doing more projects after I made the HUGE mistake trying to create other projects in the meantime, to cross finance expenses in this project. But I already shared that and took countermeasures. In case someone missed it:

To be fully transparent: Over the past months this project's status barely changed. I am in direct contact with most on the list outside this forum but I will of course also summarize it here.

This project started with a simple idea: To build a breathtaking miniature that does justice to the movie in all details.

Whoever clicks through the previous progress updates on all pages of this thread will hopefully see this shine through already but I am aware that the long delay is a pain for some.

7524b93ab97c4d0a069c1d4648f161c7.jpg

What happened?

Went all in for this project, both in terms of time and funds spent but several months ago life came in between and I could not focus enough to continue on the same level. In addition I had a setback in casting the hollow figure bodies (not the ones above) seamlessly, which took a lot of resources and I invested another crazy amount of time in the BMX chains to make them accurate.

ea6986dd24253f43d3ee1851c5686d16.jpg

759639a249a979d536285b0c4c7161a8.jpg

I am taking countermeasures

- Involving additional artists for further tasks (in the making)
- Not asking for any further installments since a while now
- Refunding some WIP projects to get time and focus again (partially completed)
- Refunding a few collectors in this project who joined early to reduce frustration, edition size and work load (completed)

There is still a ton of work to be done but I am underlining that I will not hide. I may remain very slow for a while but I don't want to make money with this. Otherwise I could have been long gone before any refunds.

I know that the additional freebies I am creating along the way will not fully make up for the delay I caused but I hope the end result will do that.

I'd rather refund everyone instead of delivering something below my standards.

b756704c8cef9b36cea9d584b2c9b299.jpg

In the beginning I promised to make this as accurate as I can deliver. It is a promise I am sticking to.

When it comes time predictions and communication, I failed. Not by bad intentions but this doesn't matter. That criticism remains justified.

Last edited:
Another repetition... another repetitive answer. HUGE difference when comparing him, a full-time business Custom Runner with me, a spare time Custom Runner. Yet - again - I know that I became much to slow.

As I told you

I mark your words but no need to retract your criticism after I delivered. Honestly, not only to me it looks like you would actually rather like to see this project fail to make your point, and to feel better with the set you already received, instead of reflecting on anything you see here in an unbiased fashion.

You aren't unbiased and Andy isn't either. It's only logical, but you could have kept it to yourselves. To each his own.

I could have laughed about A LOT in the super fast project you joined (figure sizes and ratio, print lines, many inaccurate or even missing details) but I resisted out of respect for the other collectors. But if you and Andy ask for it, I will be happy to share a full assessment at the end.

Not the opinion of most involved in this project.

And yes for sure! This was a wish of several collectors, it is quite a significant prop in the movie after all. So I took the challenge and make it happen for everyone involved. But it is not just about the accessories, I put that same attention to detail into the figures and sceneries over months until I could no longer focus for a longer time than expected.

4136a11f8f048be796fc567f284903aa.png

True. Already stopped doing more projects after I made the HUGE mistake trying to create other projects in the meantime, to cross finance expenses in this project. But I already shared that and took countermeasures. In case someone missed it:

In the beginning I promised to make this as accurate as I can deliver. It is a promise I am sticking to.

When it comes time predictions and communication, I failed. Not by bad intentions but this doesn't matter. That criticism remains justified.

Dude, you want to talk about transparency. Why not come forward and explain EXACTLY why things have taken so long and WHY you haven't delivered? How'd that start-up work out for you man? Let's open up. You keep being bashful tiptoeing around with bullshit excuses without actually explaining the situation. It's not only ridiculously irresponsible but also disrespect for those that threw their money away.

And if I'm being honest, the reason I went with Andy's set fell solely on the likeness of Elliott. Andy's set actually looks like Henry Thomas. I don't know who the hell yours is modeled after. 😆

So personally I couldn't care less if this projects actually makes it out the door or not. I just feel bad for those that decided on trusting you with their money. I hope others will learn their lessen as many others have.

Hell, we wouldn't even being having this conversation if you would have actually delivered in a respectful time frame. But I call em as I see em. I have no problem calling out a 🤡 and telling everyone to beware. I will agree with you on one thing, Enough definitely is enough. People deserve better.

Last edited:
Alrighty, well I guess it's finally my time to chime in.

I have stood by on the sidelines for a long time here because it's just not worth my time. However, it's about time to set the record straight on a few things since I am being directly invoked as well as having not so subtle jabs taken at me. Apparently I am only focused on speed, not quality, and those two properties are mutually exclusive and you can't have both. I disagree.

Yep... I have "laugh emojied" at your responses a few times. I see you have taken note. Me laughing at you isn't a display of bias. It's because this ENTIRE THING is laughable. Your inability to deliver anything to your customers of substance outside of some completed prototypes and a teaser images is laughable. And disrespectful.

You openly admitted using OTHER projects to cross fund this one. How that isn't an ENORMOUS red flag to anyone who reads it, let alone the people on your project, is beyond me.

You claim, over and over, that you don't do this as a full time business and that apparently, somehow, shields you from the responsibility of actually delivering. And not only delivering an end product, but meaningful, substantive updates to your buyers. I know you'll claim you have shown tons of updates along the way. That is true... completed prototypes, painted head sculpt by 357, a completed prototype outfit by Yunsil. But in 4 years your buyers can't see more than completed prototypes? Where's the full run images of the Speak and Spell, the bike the beer cans, the Reeses, etc. etc.

The fact of the matter is you took money from your buyers. Full time or not, you now have an obligation to them. And VERY clearly, you have not met nor are you meeting that obligation, plain and simple.

You also want to continue to compare yourself, a part time hobbyist only doing this for the love of the hobby, to me, a full time business. You're right in one respect... I am NOW doing this full time. But when I did the entire ET project, and all the projects before that, I was still working full time as a veterinarian, only doing my custom work on the side... part time... just like you claim to be doing now. Yet I was still able to fulfill my obligation to those that paid me a significant amount of money in return for a completed project. And again, that obligation was not only to deliver a finished product, but to update them, transparently, all along the way. And I did that. So stop using part time vs. full time as an excuse. It's not an excuse in principal anyway and it was simply and LITERALLY not true in the comparison you like to keep making.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

You openly admitted using OTHER projects to cross fund this one. How that isn't an ENORMOUS red flag to anyone who reads it, let alone the people on your project, is beyond me.
Nothing but intentional twisting of words to paint a picture. I clearly stated that I already found this was a HUGE mistake and that first countermeasures I took are already in place. Also it would have rather meant a red flag for the other projects not for this one that has benefited from it.

... I have stood by on the sidelines for a long time here ...
Are you sure about that? I was told you actively influenced and contacted other collectors already in the beginning of the project when you launched yours. Will send you a message though so we can discuss that personally as I don't want to confront you with anything like that without your pov.

You claim, over and over, that you don't do this as a full time business and that apparently, somehow, shields you from the responsibility of actually delivering.
It does not shield me at all, not in any kind of way. Again:

Last edited:
You also want to continue to compare yourself, a part time hobbyist only doing this for the love of the hobby, to me, a full time business. You're right in one respect... I am NOW doing this full time. But when I did the entire ET project, and all the projects before that, I was still working full time as a veterinarian, only doing my custom work on the side... part time... just like you claim to be doing now. Yet I was still able to fulfill my obligation to those that paid me a significant amount of money in return for a completed project. And again, that obligation was not only to deliver a finished product, but to update them, transparently, all along the way. And I did that. So stop using part time vs. full time as an excuse. It's not an excuse in principal anyway and it was simply and LITERALLY not true in the comparison you like to keep making.

Not sure if you believe me that but seriously: You have my respect for your achievements.

But of course when people who are not involved into the project come up and claim that projects should all be executed fast and start bashing my details at the same time (which are a part of the reason I take so long) - and you even come up and like such comments - I am pushed to justify and to make comparisons. I do not like to do that.

Last edited:
This statemet I have shared with the collectors before:

"To be completely transparent, I have collected only enough to cover the sum of payments made to Toribox (> 10k alone for the Elliott outfits), 357 partment (for the Elliott head paints) to JMB (mainly for sculpting and casting Elliott and the works on the full E.T. figure) as well as for all materials and all raw BMX parts.
I have never asked for more than what has been spent step by step. If I wanted to cheat I could have prepared one sample set, then collected the full amounts and hide. But this is not the case.
The approach of this project is to involve everyone starting from scratch, this gives you the benefit to take influence on details and you do not need to fear to miss the chance later but at the same time of course it comes with the risk that things take longer. Nobody who decided to join early has seen the final result of the whole set before.
I need to explain again why this project takes so long.
In the beginning of the project, I took almost 1 year off for planning, research and design works. This cost me more than 20k of personal savings and other smaller projects I launched to fund this (wasn't a good idea btw). I am more invested in this project than anyone else, both financially and emotionally.
My plan was to have everything in place within that year but I put so much focus on the tiniest details. I should have seen that coming, since I always lost the time when working on things like this. E.T. is on another level though.
The elaboration lasted until a period when I could no longer invest 100% of my time in it. Now I can only complete the works piece by piece, but at the same time I will not neglect the - promised - quality by rushing the completion."

Last edited:
Fan…I find it odd that you’re responding to posts here very quickly but are not responding to posts and questions in the Facebook group that has been created to inform and communicate with your clients on this project.

You said on April 1st that you’d be shipping all the Moon Scenery Bases…we all sent you are addresses…and it’s now May and still nothing.

You claim you’re having an issue with Messenger….okay…why not set up an email for us to contact you at then?

I can’t remember the last time you shared a new photo of this project even though we’ve asking for that for a long time.

Excited for you to head back over the the Facebook group and answer some question as quickly as you respond to this board.

Thanks.

Fan…I find it odd that you’re responding to posts here very quickly but are not responding to posts and questions in the Facebook group that has been created to inform and communicate with your clients on this project.

You said on April 1st that you’d be shipping all the Moon Scenery Bases…we all sent you are addresses…and it’s now May and still nothing.

You claim you’re having an issue with Messenger….okay…why not set up an email for us to contact you at then?

I can’t remember the last time you shared a new photo of this project even though we’ve asking for that for a long time.

Excited for you to head back over the the Facebook group and answer some question as quickly as you respond to this board.

Thanks.
He doesn't seem to have a problem messaging me in private messages here either. Maybe he can make a group chat here for you all to stay current up to date on his project. How bout it @Fan can you do that for your faithfuls?

Create a FB chat....add everyone involved....best way to finish this faithfully and quietly. l

Back