Ready to order! -Djas Puhr, Labria, Nikto, Tessek, and Barada

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm at the doc right now and will say a few words once I'm back home. Will take a few hours though.

I was able to cancel my Tessek order fortunately as it was still processing, so I'm really only out the almost $80 for the Klaatu incl shipping. I'm seeing what the Shapeways money back guarantee is.

I just PMed Mati to say that I just did some quite detailed comparisons of the Tessek and helmeted Klaatus and it looks to me like Tessek needs to be 7% bigger to be correct 1/6 scale (he's a bit taller than the other characters too) and the helmeted Klaatus need to be 12% bigger.

I didn't think to do this kind of detailed examination/calculations before ordering because I think I kinda figured that it had already been done (despite my earlier paranoia about undersizing.:lol)

Hopefully when Lopie gets his heads in in the next day or so he can post pics of them next to heads people are familiar with and everyone can weigh in on what needs to be done scale-wise. My calculations were just based on paper printouts and images at the Shapeways dimensions, so it's slightly iffy, but the 7% for Tessek and 12% for Klaatus looked pretty spot on within those limitations to me.

EDIT:

Mati wanted me to post this here. He's pretty dosed on painkillers due to his hand right now...

I feel quite down because of the scale issues, it sucks quite a lot specially since the prints are so pricy. It's very demotivating and makes me feel like a ****. I used the measurements I got in the thread and PMs but yeah, still sucks even if it's nothing I could have done differently.

Once the amanaman is finished, I'll send everyone a link to download the model as an apology. I need to rest a bit now, I'm quite high on painkillers right now. Again, sorry this happened.

Hey guys, I have now temporarily taken the models down until we have resolved the scale issues and will upload the enlarged versions once we're through with that.

Here's what shapeways wrote me:

Thanks for letting me know Mati and good to hear you are already in contact with them.

I will offer them a refund so that they can reorder the updated designs.

I hope this information helps you out a bit.

Best,
Michon

Kind regards,

Miss. M*********
Customer Service Representative

Again sorry, I'll try to get this done asap. Doubt it will be today though. Thx TaliBane for passing on the PMs.

In the meantime, please be so kind and have another look at the render with all the heads on it and let me know the correct measurements in mm. These renders are all shot without perspective, so there can't be any fisheye lens effect on them. It's important to give me the full dimensions for them, not just the head. Please include the neck an eventual horns as you can see them on the renders. It's a full on frontal view of them and this will give you the right size, based on which I can export them.

Here is what they wrote to me.

M. (Shapeways)

Jun 7, 11:05 CEST

Dear Jason,

Thanks for reaching out to us.
I am sorry to hear this.

Please know we are only a 3D printing service, the majority of the models offered on our site are owned by independent designers who sell their products via our site. We simply handle production, shipping and post order after care.

I will reach out to the designer of the part asking them about the scaling.

As soon as I have received feedback from them, I can offer you a proper solution in either a refund or redesign (should the designer conclude that they are not in 1/6 scale)

Please accept my humble apologies for the inconvenience that may have caused.

Kind regards,

Miss. M.

www.Shapeways.com

Last edited:
Hey Mati
First, I want to express my gratitude for you're willingness to correct this issue, when you yourself area dealing with an injury. I personally want all of these heads, so if they could be re-scaled I will be purchasing all 6 of these for my collection. Is it possible that Shapeway got the scale wrong, per our discussion about the measurements? At this point it doesn't matter as long as we can be refunded the money and the heads can be fixed, all is well in a galaxy far, far way.

I got a refund and I'll reorder once the scale is corrected, they also let me keep the small heads. I'll paint them up just for fun, and see what they look like.

DSCF5786.jpg

Hey everyone,

Between my work schedule, having to visit in-laws, etc. I haven't been able to help much.

However, I have experiences and recommendations that I can share with you. (Sorry, for the repeat... my other posts, PM, Facebook, etc. but maybe the info could help someone.)

Please keep in mind that Mati is an incredibly talented and nice artist, but not a 1/6 scale customizer like us.

Take a look:

Shapeways heads.JPG
Shapeways heads 2.JPG

This is what works for me:

I provide Mati pictures and measurements like above. While on I was on business travel, I gave him bad data as you can see, my fault. However, that gave me some heads to practice on. I feel bad because I know his spare time is so limited. Also, to get us close, a 1/6 scale human eye would be about 4 mm wide.

I recommend ordering one low cost print for sizing / test fitting.
Provide feedback results to Mati.

Once the test print is perfect, then I order several of the highest resolution possible. (I don't want to see the print lines or rough texture, especially on "flesh".) The white low resolution versions melt when I Dremel them, but the smooth fine detail does not.

I hope this helps.

I’m glad there’s a lot of open communication going on to resolve this!
Mati, don’t feel bad at all! You have gone above and beyond and we really appreciate it. I hope your recovery is still going well.
Can we also double check the sizes of the hands too? I had ordered the Tessek hands but just canceled. Once we confirm that all the sizes are correct I intend to order a lot of the sculpts, just want to make sure the hands are included in double checking sizing too.

So with Sideshow getting all high and mighty on unlicensed customs and 3rd party stuff, will this thread be closed?

Hey guys, I have now temporarily taken the models down until we have resolved the scale issues and will upload the enlarged versions once we're through with that.

Here's what shapeways wrote me:

Thanks for letting me know Mati and good to hear you are already in contact with them.

I will offer them a refund so that they can reorder the updated designs.

I hope this information helps you out a bit.

Best,
Michon

Kind regards,

Miss. M*********

Again sorry, I'll try to get this done asap. Doubt it will be today though. Thx TaliBane for passing on the PMs.

In the meantime, please be so kind and have another look at the render with all the heads on it and let me know the correct measurements in mm. These renders are all shot without perspective, so there can't be any fisheye lens effect on them. It's important to give me the full dimensions for them, not just the head. Please include the neck an eventual horns as you can see them on the renders. It's a full on frontal view of them and this will give you the right size, based on which I can export them.

Great to know, and thanks for reaching out to them - one handed as you are.:lol

My Klaatu order should be delivered in the next day or so, but great to know they'll offer a refund or credit to buy the up-sized version. Really can't wait to have all of these heads- they are really so well sculpted.:clap And a 1/6 Amanaman is really a dream come true for a lot of people on here.

Cheers. Let's try and see if we can get those measurements figured out so I can rescale them and have them up asap. As stated I have nothing here to compare them to, so I'll need a bit of help on your end freaks. Since I'll have to take the painkillers for a few more days I don't trust my mental skills completely right now and would rather scale them based on the sizes you give me.
As mentioned before using the sizes of othe4 sculpt will result tricky as the proportions can vary from sculptor to sculptor, even a slight bit might result in very different outcome.
The best thing to do is either printing them out on paper and directly compare them next to a figure or measuring them directly on screen, zoomed to the right size.
I need the whole size for exporting, from the very end of the neck to the very top. I'll be on it as soon as the measurements are there.

Sry 4 typos only the left hand and on the phone...

Hey everyone,

You can see in my previous post what I normally do for measurements. Unfortunately, right now staying with my in-laws is just above camping in the woods. So I can’t help right now.

Ace, thanks again.

Steven

Ok I need some help let me know what you think. Here is what I have, I wanted to measure from chin to top of head cause the neck is short. Most figure heads average in total with neck 2.1 inches. Before I do the other ones I wanted to see what you guys thought.

aaaaaaaa.jpg
aaaaaa.jpg
[Aaaaa.jpgTTACH=CONFIG]413084[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 128
  • aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 136
I just found this thread. I would love a 1/6 Amanaman and Ephant Mon. Hopefully those still happen once your hand heals.

Back