• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Custon OneSixth and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Referral for US-based Sewing Contractor

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otaku72

Reaction score
My long time seamstress recently retired. Her hands were magic. I will miss her skills greatly.
I am looking for a skilled US-based (no exceptions) sewing contractor for short runs (1 to 2 pieces) of 1/6 scale clothing.
Not looking for mass production or overseas production.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have searched Etsy, Instagram and Reddit for the past 8 months and came up empty.
Thank you in advance.

who was your seamstress? I’ve never seen any good work from a US tailor

who was your seamstress? I’ve never seen any good work from a US tailor
They do exist - although they are extremely rare.
I found her after 4 years of actively searching / interviewing. She was a lead costumer for theatre who was a up to the challenge of working at a small scale. I've met many great contract sewers here in the states (I used to do headwear design) but working at 1/6 scale is a whole other level of skill.

Sorry to say but I can’t think of one US based tailor worth using
The ones I have found (fashion doll customizers) do not take commissions anymore. Burn out was the common reason they gave.

They do exist - although they are extremely rare.
I found her after 4 years of actively searching / interviewing. She was a lead costumer for theatre who was a up to the challenge of working at a small scale. I've met many great contract sewers here in the states (I used to do headwear design) but working at 1/6 scale is a whole other level of skill.
That’s awesome. I tried finding actual tailors to do 1/6 work, but no one was up to the challenge and those who were gave up quickly.

That’s awesome. I tried finding actual tailors to do 1/6 work, but no one was up to the challenge and those who were gave up quickly.
I can’t even find a 1/6 tailor whose willing to take on commissions, seems everyone is booked

I know someone but I'm in France! :p

CHEMISE2.jpg

17-02-20 23 33 46ERZ.jpg

17-02-20 23 33 46.jpg
COSTUME1.jpg

COSTUME3.jpg

Back