RIPLEY - Last Survivor

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ripley - Alternative Head and Cat

I was wondering about that. Have they been known to release a better sculpt than the ones in their photo-shoot previews?

Keep the interests coming folks, I will create a list once there is a good amount of interest. Here is an update on the sculpt. Now to tackle the hair.

View attachment 340904

Looking great!

Yes, I think there have been a handful of times where they've improved a sculpt (they've also released sculpts worse than prototypes according to some).

Re: Ripley - Alternative Head and Cat

I was wondering about that. Have they been known to release a better sculpt than the ones in their photo-shoot previews?

Keep the interests coming folks, I will create a list once there is a good amount of interest. Here is an update on the sculpt. Now to tackle the hair.

View attachment 340904

That's superb. Way better than what Hot Toys has done.

Cheers guys :) I will have to see about the ponytail. It may be possible to create an alternative ponytail version if there is enough interest in it. Anyone know if there is some sort of voting app I can add to the thread?

I think I'd be happy enough with sculpted hair, if you could somehow make it look as nice as the hair in that Alien Isolation game from a few years back. Which might be a bit stylized, but still looks a whole lot better than the ugly mess of hair that we see on the HT figure. Although I realize that would probably be a massive challenge to sculpt.

And for what it's worth, I'm kinda liking the more defiant, closed-mouth expression in this shot a bit better as well...

hhkjjj.JPG

I actually prefer the open mouth version which is pretty iconic. On the other hand multiple heads, with alternate expressions would be amazing. So i'm interested.

Last edited:
Cool, will start putting the list up soon :) as for hair it will need to be one solid mass and can't have too many loose curls. I need to get the film on Blu-ray and pick a good shot to reference from as like Mad Max it's one of those hairstyles that's constantly changing throughout each scene.

Hey all, the thread is not dead, I'm just busy with a few other sculpts, but will get back to this at a closer time to when we all have the figure in hand ;)

Cool, will start putting the list up soon :) as for hair it will need to be one solid mass and can't have too many loose curls. I need to get the film on Blu-ray and pick a good shot to reference from as like Mad Max it's one of those hairstyles that's constantly changing throughout each scene.

I like to use this site for reference, it's the entire film in one second increments -

https://movie-screencaps.com/alien-1979/

Back