*RUN CLOSED* 1/6 Randall Patrick McMurphy: H&C set Caine & Geewhiz.

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Randall Patrick McMurphy H&C set by Caine/ Tailor Pending

i'm confident we can hit the 15 - 19 number, i'm still all in for the yunsil route.

I'm ok with paying the $510 for the Toribox set if we have to. But if we can't reach the numbers to make the order at all I'm ok with going the Gee Whiz route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Yunsil's prices are really going up. I'm still in for one though. Would be great if we get 20 committed but I'm in even at 10 only.

i'm confident we can hit the 15 - 19 number, i'm still all in for the yunsil route.

Well, I'd probably still be in at 15 people. But I don't like paying $510 just for an outfit.
But obviously if we don't get even 10, Toribox is out. 10 is their minimum

What about parts? Like I know if I have to, I can source the boots, jeans and green undershirt.
Then if I paid a top tailor just for the leather Jacket and blue long sleeve shirt, there
would be a considerable savings.

Just thinking outside the Toribox.....:rotfl

Well, I'd probably still be in at 15 people. But I don't like paying $510 just for an outfit.
But obviously if we don't get even 10, Toribox is out. 10 is their minimum

What about parts? Like I know if I have to, I can source the boots, jeans and green undershirt.
Then if I paid a top tailor just for the leather Jacket and blue long sleeve shirt, there
would be a considerable savings.

Just thinking outside the Toribox.....:rotfl

Kato has made the exact same style jacket bud for the Steve Mcqueen figure, the only issue is that it was for that body but at least he would have the pattern.

Re: 1/6 Randall Patrick McMurphy H&C set by Caine / Asking for Head Payments now!!

Im with Machew, although I'd prefer to either get to 20 ($360) or else go with GeeWhiz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 Randall Patrick McMurphy H&C set by Caine / Asking for Head Payments now!!

this week i will pay for the sculpt. i hope we can get enough number for casting soon.

about outfit, yunsil is my first choice. if that does not happen, i can go with geewhiz.

I'm in for the head and the outfit! Will pay this week!

Payment for head sent. Definitely still in for the full outfit irrespective of who we end up going with or how much.

However, it does irk me a little that this project, proposed on the basis of being by a particular tailor, has (like many others) been swiftly turned on it's head by someone (predictably) throwing out the "let's get Yunsil on this" line. It started off with full head and outfit by GeeWhiz, 'let's get payments in and hopefully we'll have it hand before christmas' type clarity, and has now transformed into umm'ing and ahh'ing, a tripled time scale and talk of maybe making do with a part tailored outfit and other stuff you can source yourself? Sure, Toribox are currently the best out there, but the difference isn't anywhere near vast enough to justify the extra cost ($510, really?), prolonged waiting time, crossing of fingers for greater interest or maybe falling short on the full outfit people originally wanted.

Ultimately, I'll go along with whatever the group consensus happens to be, irrespective of the final cost (it's not really a matter of affordability on my part or anything), and I'm not really having a pop at anyone in particular. It just bugs me because it was quite refreshing that this seemed, initially, like it was going to be a relatively quick turnaround for a change.

v7naLfW.gif

It's all up to the project organizer to decide ultimately which tailor to use, if geewhiz is chosen, down the one of the guys might comission yunsil to do the outfit. Then no harm no foul.

It's all up to the project organizer to decide ultimately which tailor to use, if geewhiz is chosen, down the one of the guys might comission yunsil to do the outfit. Then no harm no foul.

Afgreed. Somepeople might drop out, but I would likely stay in if it was GeeWhiz. I've seen some nice stuff from them - and then others which were not something I'd be particularly happy with. But if that was the project I'd have to choose to get it or wait for yet another at some point.

If I knew for a fact the Yunsil option would be available at the 20+ price, I would be totally in and would pay for the head. But if not, I'm not really interested at all. So for now I'll just hang back, but will keep an eye on things. Sculpt is terrific.

I'm in at the 20+ price point from Yunsil.

First; I entertained the option of Yunsil because there were at least half of the people
more interested in that option. So I checked and put out the info. But it doesn't look
like we'll be anywhere near the minimum of 10 for Yunsil. As a good portion of the people
that said yes to Yunsil, they were not in at $510. So that option may drop out quickly.
And if it does, the people who want to deal with Toribox on their own, that's their option.
I personally won't be in the Yunsil group if it's going to take almost a year
and at a price point of $430 to $510.

Second; I've worked with Geewhiz before and have no worries about getting a great outfit from them.
Because I know who and what I'm working with, I have control of the materials
and even without a prototype, they make the fixes I ask for before they make the full run.
Especially if the Geewhiz at 10 people is only $270 for full outfit and would take approximately 12 weeks
once paid. And even if we get enough for Yunsil at the reasonable price point, I still had plans to get one
from Geewhiz. That way I could show everyone both, side-by-side.

So in all likelihood the only decision you'll have to make: is Geewhiz good enough for you.

Either way we go, the final decision will be made and acted on by Oct 8th.
Because we have all the information to make that decision, except the
required number to work with Toribox. So we'll give it a full week and
see what we got.

One way or another we'll get a great outfit to go with this epic sculpt.

Last edited:

Updated 1st post.

Need 3 more payments on sculpts and we can start casting.

Re: 1/6 Randall Patrick McMurphy H&C set by Caine / Geewhiz or Yunsil

Payment sent for HS. Interested in H&C set either way but would prefer Yunsil.

Re: 1/6 Randall Patrick McMurphy: H&C SET BY CAINE, GEEWHIZ OR YUNSIL

Payment sent for head sculpt! Cheers!

Back