RUNNING MAN - Ben Richards by DChung & SILENTSURFER! NEW PICS!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RUNNING MAN - Ben Richards by DChung & SILENTSURFER!

I think though the shininess isn't coming through completely on camera, you can sort of get an idea of it.

I think it's really, really close, but just going by the reference pictures you posted, I think a few lines are still off by a touch and the name is still a bit high.

I just did a very crude and fast markup to show what I mean.

BR-mod1 by texlander78, on Flickr

BR-mod2 by texlander78, on Flickr

If you compare the marks to this photo, I think you can see what I'm trying to explain.

running-man-1987-01-g.jpg

There's a bit more of the gray in the prototype suit than in the actual suit I think.

If you move the red line over, adding more yellow and then just move the name down a bit I think it'll be spot on.

Please add me to the list!
Full Set
Surfer Paint

Last edited:

photo21_zpsa45d7773.jpg

I want mine Just like this ..
Full Kit/ Stock Paint ..., Decal.
Frick'in Awesome .
Big thanks - J

The Head does look Awesome for Last Action Hero too....
R U looking to modify it as all, for that Film in the Future ? ...

its not a bad price for the entire set with SS paint job....i fully expect this to be selling like hot cakes...i know i want the entire set...just to re iterate...lol....is there a time table when we could expect this?

Thanks for taking the time out to give suggestions, Tex! Always very much appreciated!

However... (lol)...
Take a good look at that reference photo and see if you can tell where the middle seam is running down the front. The gray needs to come within almost an inch of it.

I think what's throwing you off is the fact that the reference photo is straight frontal, while the proto pic is 3/4, favoring the gray.

The thing about this suit that makes it a super challenge is that it's NOT symmetrical, which would have been far easier to pull off! Trust me, I would rather not have had to do it all lop-sided like it was in the movie!!

Cheers,
Dan

I think though the shininess isn't coming through completely on camera, you can sort of get an idea of it.

I think it's really, really close, but just going by the reference pictures you posted, I think a few lines are still off by a touch and the name is still a bit high.

I just did a very crude and fast markup to show what I mean.

BR-mod1 by texlander78, on Flickr

BR-mod2 by texlander78, on Flickr

If you compare the marks to this photo, I think you can see what I'm trying to explain.

running-man-1987-01-g.jpg

There's a bit more of the gray in the prototype suit than in the actual suit I think.

If you move the red line over, adding more yellow and then just move the name down a bit I think it'll be spot on.

While its noticeable, I bet it's a biotch to pull off that seam. I think it looks pretty good and I don't think anyones due to make one that much better. So......when can I have mine? lol

Thanks for taking the time out to give suggestions, Tex! Always very much appreciated!

However... (lol)...
Take a good look at that reference photo and see if you can tell where the middle seam is running down the front. The gray needs to come within almost an inch of it.

I think what's throwing you off is the fact that the reference photo is straight frontal, while the proto pic is 3/4, favoring the gray.

The thing about this suit that makes it a super challenge is that it's NOT symmetrical, which would have been far easier to pull off! Trust me, I would rather not have had to do it all lop-sided like it was in the movie!!

Cheers,
Dan

Thanks, Dan, I think I see what you're saying, and I think the picture angle did throw it off.

Though I do still think that if you look at the left shoulder where the seam meets the shoulder, it might be off by just a bit. That would force a bit more yellow material over, which I guess is what I was seeing before.

BR-mod3 by texlander78, on Flickr

BR-mod4 by texlander78, on Flickr

I know I may be being overly picky here, I just want it to be perfect since you've already done such an amazing job!

You're right about the shoulder part.

Working in stretchy spandex, at 1:6 scale no less, is an EM-EFFING Beeyotch...

Don't even get me started on the friggin' quilted sleeves. Wait til you have these in hand and turn them inside out. You'll see...

:panic::panic:

Thanks, Dan, I think I see what you're saying, and I think the picture angle did throw it off.

Though I do still think that if you look at the left shoulder where the seam meets the shoulder, it might be off by just a bit. That would force a bit more yellow material over, which I guess is what I was seeing before.

BR-mod3 by texlander78, on Flickr

BR-mod4 by texlander78, on Flickr

I know I may be being overly picky here, I just want it to be perfect since you've already done such an amazing job!

Dan could you provide a close up of ur stock painted head plz so I may see which I prefer .

Thanks

You're right about the shoulder part.

Working in stretchy spandex, at 1:6 scale no less, is an EM-EFFING Beeyotch...

Don't even get me started on the friggin' quilted sleeves. Wait til you have these in hand and turn them inside out. You'll see...

:panic::panic:

Oh, believe me, I do not envy you :)

Okay, here's a pic of the final prototype, featuring a "stock" paint job on the head...

Hopefully, the shininess of the fabric is more apparent here:

photo21_zpsa45d7773.jpg

Here's another snapshot from my iphone:

photo31_zps874f98b5.jpg

Thanks for posting the up-date, I will stick with my original order for the head with stock paint job:hi5:

Whats the time frame for this to be released and when will payment be due?

Dan, is there a way to fix the Running Man font so that it stays the same size when the outfit is stretched? I might be wrong but I don't think the font got warped like that when Arnie wore it in the movie. Just a small nitpick.

E761E76A-9BC5-4FC2-A543-5D011B74166E-156-00000192A88735DF_zps65a8051d.jpg

Good eye.
Actually, on the mannequin, and even in the movie, the pant legs were actually loose and goofy looking. It was a conscious decision on my part to make them a bit more form-fitting.

Still, in the photo above, it's an illusion, because the letters follow the contour of the kneecap, so the fore-shortening makes them looks scrunched.

Here's a shot I just took straight on from the side. Much better!

photo_zps049d2fab.jpg

Dan, is there a way to fix the Running Man font so that it stays the same size when the outfit is stretched? I might be wrong but I don't think the font got warped like that when Arnie wore it in the movie. Just a small nitpick.

E761E76A-9BC5-4FC2-A543-5D011B74166E-156-00000192A88735DF_zps65a8051d.jpg

Amazing. Looking forward to getting the head sculpt!!!

HEAD'S UP, EVERYONE.

I'm gonna close the decal and SilentSurfer option in THREE days. That way, I can make arrangements with EVILFACE and SILENTSURFER to have those parts ready in one batch, and I still need to ship off the unpainted heads to SilentSurfer. The whole idea was to save you all separate shipping and separate payments. Hopefully, by now, those of you who want it, have already expressed that desire.

Still, if you miss out on the deadline, I'm pretty sure the fellas will still get you squared away, but you'll need to do so on your own. Thanks.

Cheers,
Dan

Deadline: 11:59PM PST, Thursday night, August 8.

Hey Dan
I'm still in for everything full set with Surfers paint apps :)

Please add me for the stand decal and stock painted head.

Dan,

Just in case you need to make a note of it, I'll want a set of the shoes, outfit, and 2 stock painted heads. ;)

Dan could you provide a close up of ur stock painted head plz so I may see which I prefer .

Thanks

Sure, here you go:

Stock painted (crappy iphone pic, sorry):

photo2_zps9217ac1f.jpg

And the much better (I think) SilentSurfer edition:

BenRichardsSidewaysSquint2TWKDcopy_zps62d2a5e9.jpg

Back