Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Hawk Grenade Launcher

Xenoviper didn't you once do an awesome semi battle-damaged T2 head, maybe out of the NECA sculpt? If I'm remembering right I'd love to see how that compares to the DX13 head.

Xenoviper didn't you once do an awesome semi battle-damaged T2 head, maybe out of the NECA sculpt? If I'm remembering right I'd love to see how that compares to the DX13 head.

lol yeh that was like 7 years ago.

IMG_6385.jpg

IMG_6384.jpg

IMG_6398.jpg

I just looked at your profile and saw your current activity looking at the thread

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-800-battle-damaged-head-sculpt-neca-mod.html

:lol

It still looks ****ing great. Dammit, I remember expressing an interest but never following through probably because I had zero discipline and was trying to collect everything all at the same time. I now wish I had prioritised that, I've probably sold off all the other stuff I was buying.

Here's new pics of the Commando version:

Here's pics to illustrate how awkwardly the figure holds it with the existing hand sculpt (you'll also see that the hands are kinda big for that handle):

Now see the way you have to angle the hand so he aims the gun upright as he should. I don't think a human wrist can even pull this off, certainly not comfortably.

Though you wouldn't know it from this angle:

and it doesn't matter for a standing pose like this:

By the way, I dunno if it'd be possible, but I wouldn't say no to a 1:10 scale version - NECA never made this one either. It's a mystery why every company ignores it.

a-dev that looks pretty good. Where did you get that grenade launcher from?

I remember long time ago Neca 12" Lara Croft figure has a grenade launcher too. It's slightly too small to use for Terminator figure.

By the way, I dunno if it'd be possible, but I wouldn't say no to a 1:10 scale version - NECA never made this one either. It's a mystery why every company ignores it.

Thanks for the pictures! How do you (and others) feel about the proportions. My model is slightly shorter than the Commando version but otherwise everything else is very close. Shouldn't be difficult to modify the length slightly either way.

With regards to a 1:10 version... I don't see why I couldn't get something like that done, possibly. Just a matter of scaling down the 3D model. If so it would likely just be done as a direct print rather than a cast, as having multiple molds made for various sizes would increase cost in a way that I don't think would be feasible (especially if only a small handful are wanted).

a-dev that looks pretty good. Where did you get that grenade launcher from?

I remember long time ago Neca 12" Lara Croft figure has a grenade launcher too. It's slightly too small to use for Terminator figure.

A few of us bought that through the forum here from a member called Commando a couple of years ago. He made them himself. There'd be a thread buried in this section somewhere I think.

Thanks for the pictures! How do you (and others) feel about the proportions. My model is slightly shorter than the Commando version but otherwise everything else is very close. Shouldn't be difficult to modify the length slightly either way.

With regards to a 1:10 version... I don't see why I couldn't get something like that done, possibly. Just a matter of scaling down the 3D model. If so it would likely just be done as a direct print rather than a cast, as having multiple molds made for various sizes would increase cost in a way that I don't think would be feasible (especially if only a small handful are wanted).

I'm no expert on firearms so I'm not sure if the proportions are accurate. Perhaps others could weigh in...

As for the 1:10 - it's possible NECA will make one, their T2 line isn't quite dead just yet but their announcements for the 25th anniversary have been disappointing. At one point they gave the impression there'd be a range of new stuff but so far we've seen only a single (largely rehashed) figure. So I could be very interested in a 1:10 version. Maybe a couple of other regulars from the NECA thread.

I did extensive research and found the basic MM1 to be 635mm long, which in 1:6 scale is obviously a little over 100mm. However the T2 version seems to have a slightly shorter barrel, so this is what I based my model off of.

I was asking more if you feel it LOOKS good on the figure at the current proportions. As long as it LOOKS right I'm ok with it not being 100% dimensionally accurate.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

As for the 1:10 - it's possible NECA will make one, their T2 line isn't quite dead just yet but their announcements for the 25th anniversary have been disappointing. At one point they gave the impression there'd be a range of new stuff but so far we've seen only a single (largely rehashed) figure. So I could be very interested in a 1:10 version. Maybe a couple of other regulars from the NECA thread.
I think I would be in for the 1:10 version.

I think I would be in for the 1:10 version.

Hmmm... if you guys want I can add 1:4 and 1:10 interested sections in the first post. Right now my focus is on the 1:6 version but I could certainly look into it no problem. I am still awaiting casting information and quotes (although I am weighing the possibility of just casting myself... I have all the supplies and whatnot so it may be easier that way). But once I have the 1:6 stuff nailed down it'll be easier to get figures for 1:4 and 1:10 versions as well.

Anyone who has interest in 1:4 and 1:10 just leave a post and I will start additional lists and we'll see what sort of numbers we hit.

I might be interested in the 1/4 as well depending on price. I have the 1/4 Enterbay figures though I doubt I would actually display any of them with it. Nice to have though.

BTW unless anyone has any opinions regarding scale and dimensions, I will likely make a few small modifications to the model and get the 1:6 prototype going within the week. My dimensions are EXTREMELY close to Commando's (which is good, given I sourced my measurements from pictures online and using basic photogrammetry to calculate all the dimensions) so if the scale and dimensions of it seem good then we should be good to go. I have also decided, unless I hear something amazing from the caster, to at least try a few test casts myself.

A few more renders. Made a few small changes. Slightly lengthened the main barrel, rounded off the front of the main barrel, and added the smaller openings to all other barrels.

A couple questions; do we want a textured grip? In some images there is a small screw of some sort on the side of the rear portion of the gun above the handle (similar to what you see in the Commando version) however it is not present in all images (they obviously used various different versions of the prop gun)... do we want this?

lwYog9e.png

MXARMzZ.png

rcPScmh.png

Personally i prefer to have that screw. If not it's okay too
Hopefully you'll be doing the 1/4 scale too.

I'd like to order 2 x 1/6 and 2 x 1/4 :D

Back