Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Hawk Grenade Launcher

Alright everyone, I made a few changes to the model and we're almost ready for the prototype! I have outlined the changes in the image below... unfortunately I didn't have time to make new renders but I will show off the completed model soon (currently at work).

I have added in the screw near the rear of the gun, removed the rod, and lengthened the section that is mounted over the rear barrel. That last change was made after studying the images further and realizing I had made that section just a tad short. In the 3/4 view shots you can't tell so much, but when looking at it straight from the front or rear, it was clearly not long enough.

At this point I only need to add handle texture and we're good to go. I am hoping to have something in hand end of next week or beginning of the week after at the LATEST.

770c05a1549bd5da77fd36d61836dbd4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Looking good. Very impressive work-rate from you on your various projects

Looking good. Very impressive work-rate from you on your various projects
Thank you[emoji2] . I'm too antsy to sit around and not get stuff done. Not to mention the most rewarding thing is seeing the results...working slowly just delays that!

I've just looked through all my old T2 reference pics that I gathered many years ago and found this one. Hope it helps. The resolution is slightly bigger so you can clearly see some texture on the grip.
Hope it helps~

2465_0001.jpg

So it seems like the rod poking out on the side is suppose to be there.

I think i found this image from an official movie prop auction website.

Last edited:

I've just looked through all my old T2 reference pics that I gathered many years ago and found this one. Hope it helps. The resolution is slightly bigger so you can clearly see some texture on the grip.
Hope it helps~

2465_0001.jpg

So it seems like the rod poking out on the side is suppose to be there.

I think i found this image from an official movie prop auction website.
Wow, one of the better images I've seen. Cool, I will use it to check finishing touches!

Ok, so my model compared to the prop. A couple things... the screws along the sides of the rear drum will NOT be added in, as these are clearly for holding the prop together.

However, the back of my model and the prop are quite different. What do we think? It was VERY time consuming doing the back, and I hate to see it go, but if it is more accurate I will happily change it. Thanks, guys, let me know!

rcPScmh.png

I prefer accuracy :D
Trigger part is different too. Your original trigger would break easily when we try to fit it in gloved hand, maybe change that too. hehe

I prefer accuracy :D
Trigger part is different too. Your original trigger would break easily when we try to fit it in gloved hand, maybe change that too. hehe
But it's not. On the prop the trigger itself is broken off.

A few updates.... added the screw near the rear of the gun , added the sticky outy part back in, and changed the rear of the gun body to match the prop. This render also includes the changes I mentioned in the previous posts. I also added in a Phillips head screw pattern to the screws on the section above the rear drum. Only thing to do is add the grip texture and I'll be getting the prototype secured!

v3HbuOq.png

Ya2VFRw.png

FIdpeTe.png

mflwclS.png

Appreciate that you put in the effort to make this as accurate as possible. It means a lot to us who always feel the need to upgrade if something comes along that is just a little better. This will be a keeper.

Indeed, excellent work. Put me down for a 1:6 and a 1:10.

Appreciate that you put in the effort to make this as accurate as possible. It means a lot to us who always feel the need to upgrade if something comes along that is just a little better. This will be a keeper.

Indeed, excellent work. Put me down for a 1:6 and a 1:10.

Thanks, guys! After looking into the grip texture I have decided to just add it on after I get the prototype in. Adding the texture in via 3D modeling increases the file size dramatically and makes the chances of mistakes when checking the model much higher. Furthermore the grip texture is SO small I don't think it is worth the modeling time or resources. That being said, the renders I posted are the FINAL RENDERS! I have posted them in the first post as well.

SO, check everything out, let me know what you think because no more changes once I send this off to print! THANKS A TON to everyone for their input, looking forward to this project becoming a reality!

Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Hawk Grenade Launcher **FINAL RENDERS BEFORE PRINTING**

Added in one small detail.... off to the printers!

jTpVoru.png

Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Hawk Grenade Launcher **FINAL RENDERS BEFORE PRINTING**

Are you talking about the serial number?

Back