Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Hawk Grenade Launcher

Personally i prefer to have that screw. If not it's okay too
Hopefully you'll be doing the 1/4 scale too.

I'd like to order 2 x 1/6 and 2 x 1/4 :D

The screw is extremely easy to add so, even though we don't have perfect shots, I will add it in. It's quite small but it is represented, so I'll add it in... I attached a picture with arrow below.

Textured grips? This is not shown clearly in any screen shots but it stands to reason the grips have some sort of texture to them. In the image I attached you can see some texture but it's not significantly raised or anything. This can be a real pain to add into the 3D model but I can, or I might add it in by hand once I have the actual prototype in hand but before casting.

And just as an aside, the picture I have attached is not EXACTLY the same as the one seen in the film. There are some small differences... the barrels are not as long in this image, the back piece that sticks out of the rear gun handle/body is very different, the rear drum does not have a distinct separation in it, and the gun in the film does not have indentations in the front 1/3 of the rear drum.

XU8DMnF.jpg

Im pretty sure there is texture for the grip part... maybe use the S-Thunder Grenade Launcher grip as a guide? maybe similar to that. Im not sure...

_0_0_6GK8O.jpg

id say add some texture in... if indeed there is no texture we can always sand it off... to add texture later is much more of a hassle. haha

Wait, 1:10 is a possibility? I'd love that for the 7" Cyberdyne custom I made. Might actually prefer that to other scales actually.

id say add some texture in... if indeed there is no texture we can always sand it off... to add texture later is much more of a hassle. haha

Agreed

Interested
Added

Wait, 1:10 is a possibility? I'd love that for the 7" Cyberdyne custom I made. Might actually prefer that to other scales actually.

It's a possibility. I am designing and organizing everything for 1:6, but once that's squared away, if I can organize a smaller scale run I'd be happy to, especially if there is enough interest.

BTW, I will look more into sculpting a hand once I have the actual prototype in hand... much easier that way.

After looking at the scene again I feel that Commando got the scale right. There was definitely two different launchers used even though it's obviously supposed to be the same one.

Look at these pics:

version 1 (default it would seem)

version 2:

and then it goes back to version 1 after he goes to commandeer the SWAT van:

As seems to be the plan anyway this should be version 1 but with the holes in the barrells being the only feature taken from version 2 because quite simply it looks better. I think you can afford to leave off that sticky outty part from the second pic of version 2. Commando put it on his but it just breaks off so easily - I've had to glue it back countless times and now that I've noticed it's not actually there on one of the launchers they used in the movie I won't bother putting it back on if it breaks again.

Nice to see some other takers for 1:10 versions, glad I thought of that. Only thing is I don't think there's an accurate hand to hold this weapon at that scale either :lol We might have to settle for a pistol-grip hand from the steel mill T-800 figure. Not sure I have any to spare though, I think I only bought one of that figure and the other battle damaged figure only had a hand for holding the M79 with its much more sloping handle.

Oh, and I may be thought mad for suggesting this but here's another accessory we don't have at 1:10

MOVIE_MASTERPIECE_1-6_TERMINATOR2_T800_BATTLE_DAMAGED_9_2013_HOTTOYS.jpg

A steel rod, a much-used prop in the final scenes of the movie. Hot Toys gave us one, Enterbay gave us one but NECA didn't. And it's surprisingly difficult to find an improvised object to use.

Last edited:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. That would make sense.

I dunno if that's how they'd really work but it's not how it works in the movie. In one shot after firing 2 rounds there's no holes, then in the very next shot where he starts firing off the remaining rounds all the holes are suddenly already there. It's a continuity thing they didn't reckon on anyone noticing.

Alright so is everyone at a consensus that the smaller rod sticking out of the side of the gun is unneeded? If so that would make molding and casting SO much easier!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad to see this up and running!
Thanks for letting me take the reigns! I am very excited to get the prototype done so people can see something real world.

I vote no rod
Sounds good.

Other opinions? I am in agreement on this for the casting reason I stated before. And if casting is easier and I can do it myself, then I am much more likely to be able to hit the target orice point of $40-$50!

I'd be surprised if that sticky outty bit was a requirement for anyone.

Im pretty sure there is texture for the grip part... maybe use the S-Thunder Grenade Launcher grip as a guide? maybe similar to that. Im not sure...

_0_0_6GK8O.jpg

When I built scratch built a crappy one years ago I used grips from an M3 Grease Gun, I think that's what was actually used.

greasegun3.jpg

Awww, I kinda liked that sticky outty bit. If the vote doesn't have to be unanimous, then I have to be the voice for those that have no voice.....Keep the SOB!

Awww, I kinda liked that sticky outty bit. If the vote doesn't have to be unanimous, then I have to be the voice for those that have no voice.....Keep the SOB!

Haha... we'll see how the concensus goes. Also could be something that could be added after the fact, though as a-dev says, it will likely be fragile no matter how it is attached.

Haha... we'll see how the concensus goes. Also could be something that could be added after the fact, though as a-dev says, it will likely be fragile no matter how it is attached.

I have the Commando version. Seriously, it's not an issue.

Back