Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher FINAL CALL 1:4 launcher, control boxes

Amazing machine. I've never seen one at work.

Wheels!
6d187d84f032c2d15837a4cc012aa3cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;DFloZbT99oE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFloZbT99oE[/video]

and

[video=youtube;LAf0QnLFS7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAf0QnLFS7Q[/video]

What like the table lamp and all that stuff that's on the table in the scene? I'd be in for those. Come to think of it I could do with an accurate table and chair...for both 1:6 and 1:10 :lol :slap aww man where does it end.

Well, you did tell me to "think dammit, think".

Yeah, all that stuff. I've been working on it off and on for awhile. I have a number of the little items finished, the chair and most of the table. The table took a lot of study to figure out and trust me, I figured it out. I couldn't understand why the legs seemed to change orientation with the angle of sight. Then it hit me. I started looking online for tables from the 60's. As a kid growing up, we had a kitchen table that was much like the one in the movie with a few differences. Once I found what I was looking for, I double checked with pictures and it all matched.

When EndoSickness was working on this, I discovered that the table actually had a metal band around the perimeter, like the one we had. It had a Formica table top and I'm almost 100% sure the one in the movie does too. In certain shots, you can see how shiny and smooth it is. It's simulated wood grain, not that that is too terribly important. The legs are metal and there are actually eight posts, and not just four. It's called a hairpin design. Each corner has a tall slender "V" connected to it with one post right at the corner and the other post further inward bisecting the 90 degree angle. Here's a picture of a similar table. It doesn't have the sides that extend downward. When I saw this, I grabbed a piece of balsa wood and bent a wire into a hairpin. then I matched up all the different angles in the pictures I had. Perfect match.
il_340x270_933312140_fdwn.jpg

I had someone in Russia make me a chair for a few bucks. You don't ever see the back of the chair because of the hanging leather jacket, so as long as the seat and legs look good, who cares. I think I still may have the link for the chair.

Here's a shot of the table and you can clearly see the hairpin design on the back leg. The corner has a curved brace to attach the outer post.
table2.jpg

Here's a shot of the edge of the table. This is initially what led me to believe this was like the table my family had. When I was trying to convince EndoSickness about the metal edge, I penciled in the form as additional evidence to the shiny glint that it wasn't just a smooth wood edge. I'm not so sure it has grooves as drawn because ours didn't. Those lines were actually raised on our table. It looks like the way the light casts the shadows that these may be raised too. Any thoughts?
tableedge1.jpg

So DoggieDoc, is this something that you might want to tackle? It's a lot of fairly simple things and I HAVE DETAILED FILES.

This was just too fun not to share. Your wheels in progress!

[video=youtube_share;17xEw4-pu98]https://youtu.be/17xEw4-pu98[/video]

that sound!
[video=youtube;rusccbFHc1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rusccbFHc1w[/video]

retractable legs!

Bed-Desk-Legs-font-b-Folding-b-font-font-b-table-b-font-accessories-Laptop-learning.jpg

i just got rid of such table two years ago, it was a really old item given as a temporary table until we put our own furniture.

i'd definitely buy the furniture set made by DoggieDoc based on DETAILED FILES of rjszar.

the problem is DoggieDog should have an MMS136 body to make the furniture fit. standart 1/6 chairs and tables are too short for it to sit naturally. though rjszar can just give proper dimensions.

That's pretty amazing that you had one of those. I doubt the one in the movie had the retractable legs though. They were thicker and had the curved anchor plate down the side which would have prevented that.

I can supply whatever details needed.

That's pretty amazing that you had one of those. I doubt the one in the movie had the retractable legs though. They were thicker and had the curved anchor plate down the side which would have prevented that.

I can supply whatever details needed.

Post pictures!

As you all know I am quite busy with the current customs in this thread plus other projects. But tossing ideas around here is a great idea and I'll look at anything we post and see what can be done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These pictures are courtesy of Terminator_Fan_Game who hasn't been seen around these parts for years. There are a bunch, so this is just to give you an idea.
001SURGICALHAMMERB.jpg
004LIGHTGREENFILETOOLPACKETCOMPARE.jpg
005WHITEBLUECREAMTUBE.jpg
007BLACKGOLDT-HANDLELONGSOCKETWRENCH.jpg
009SOCKETWRENCHEXTENSION.jpg
010BROWNYELLOWTABLETTUB.jpg
012BROWNT-HANDLELONGSOCKETWRENCH.jpg
019ZTFGsBREAKFREEGLUEREMOVERMOCKUPWITHLIDATTACHED.jpg
004BLACKT-HANDLEHEXKEY.jpg
008RANDOMBITSBOBS.jpg
013REDDRILLBITTOOLBOX.jpg
as2.jpg

Interesting stuff! Can I have some context on what some of it is?

I will try to organize it all a little better.

I'll happily leave the details of the T1 arm surgery scene to you rjszar - from what I can see you seem to have it well in hand.

The other suggestion I had that we haven't mentioned in a while is the saddlebags for the Harley - with 1:10 being my priority because I actually prefer my little Maisto bike to the 1:6 Tamiya and would like to make it as accurate as I can. I've even considered selling my Tamiya, so pleased am I with the smaller scale bike.

1:4 scale and remaining 1:6 scale launchers arrived today! Everything looks great, just need some cleanup and sanding, assembly, and paint. I also got boxes for those of you getting larger guns, dolly, etc. I think it's all going to look great! I have the day off tomorrow and I plan on getting as much done as I can. Hope to have everything going out in the next week or two.

Moving along!
473a191dae8164fbfad257b141047ca5.jpg

How about doing Star Wars Rebel Commando blaster rifles from Rogue One? I'd guess they'd be very popular.

How about doing Star Wars Rebel Commando blaster rifles from Rogue One? I'd guess they'd be very popular.
That sounds interesting! Pictures?

Oh no, did someone just mention Star Wars?

Had to act fast to turn things back to Terminator. Here are some pics with text.

Surgical Hammer
001SURGICALHAMMERB.jpg
001SURGERYHAMMER.jpg

Back