Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess:
definitely was way too quiet here for a long time :)
Painted.

44427ae951886c486afac96df298674e.jpg
b6bb87c8f34f6b812207878d75386626.jpg
e3a9d9befdb2faa0d316537bc2a43433.jpg
0a180654194f156deb4f15022bacb9be.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

looks wonderfully detailed, definitely not some plain spray paint. highlights, shadows... perfect.
thank you!
though could you please make some photos in a more natural light? these look completely brown, i even thought it's a bit too much rust effect (which shouldn't be on guns), bu then realised it's just a very brown photo.
also... i never had any of your guns in hand yet. is the paint sealed or should we be super accurate with them to prevent chipping it off?

looks wonderfully detailed, definitely not some plain spray paint. highlights, shadows... perfect.
thank you!
though could you please make some photos in a more natural light? these look completely brown, i even thought it's a bit too much rust effect (which shouldn't be on guns), bu then realised it's just a very brown photo.
also... i never had any of your guns in hand yet. is the paint sealed or should we be super accurate with them to prevent chipping it off?
I can get you more pictures no problem. I understand your concerns about the rusty effect however I was referencing the photos you sent me and there is an awful lot of that effect.

However if you would like it toned down after additional pictures I should be able to do that.

Also I do seal the paint job so it should be ok, though it never hurts to be careful[emoji2].

Mostly this picture...
d25e0ab65c93ecddb894a85fc30b2865.jpg

i remember how an actual dark grey/black paint on your SPAS-12 looked like bright silver on that kind of photos, or black grenade launchers looked light grey, so i'm sure it's just the photos highlighting everything :)but still won't harm to see those additional photos. i see brown dirt on green paint on game models, that's why that rust effect bothered me. it looks so real.

i remember how an actual dark grey/black paint on your SPAS-12 looked like bright silver on that kind of photos, or black grenade launchers looked light grey, so i'm sure it's just the photos highlighting everything :)but still won't harm to see those additional photos. i see brown dirt on green paint on game models, that's why that rust effect bothered me. it looks so real.
Ok so I took a pic just standing near my back door with natural light coming in. Hope this gives you an idea that they aren't nearly as brown as they looked in the first pictures.

6a72c5f7f6c7a76150d7175146622011.jpg

i would say "told you so" if it wasn't... not appropriate :lol
yes it's wonderful. thank you. i wonder if i should wait for those barrels, because all other stuff you made i already purchased :)
also why i was asking about paint sealing was because a shotgun will be tightly held by two arms. i hope arms don't react with the sealing layer.

i would say "told you so" if it wasn't... not appropriate :lol
yes it's wonderful. thank you. i wonder if i should wait for those barrels, because all other stuff you made i already purchased :)
also why i was asking about paint sealing was because a shotgun will be tightly held by two arms. i hope arms don't react with the sealing layer.

Haha no problem. I myself was surprised how much better the paint looked just holding in the daylight!

The sealant I use shouldn't have any issues with reacting with hands as far as I know. It is just a basic laquer finish that is fully cured once dry so there shouldn't be any potential for reaction.

"daylight" is the definition of "best light" in our toys photos, as far as i know :)

:)

With regards to the barrel I was MAYBE going to try and get one printed this weekend... I'll keep you all updated here.

Awesome. Are we looking at 1:6 and 1:10 there?

Yes sir. I am an idiot though. I print the barrels without having an inner cavity. It's taking FOREVER.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barrels finished.
c5dba148dc529e9943914df27e2d64a3.jpg
6d9f7af27529a2da2e5c54ac927c6f83.jpg

great!
i definitely need one.
unfortunately i don't have space for a full set of 3, as it should be for accuracy. so i'll just put one on a cart.

If we're going ahead with this I'd be in for 3 of them at 1:10 for sure.
Yeah I don't see why we can't proceed! The prints turned out so well I may go ahead and just print these for you guys instead of casting. They won't be PERFECTLY smooth but it will keep the price WAY down. All I need is to get with Hunter on the decals.

Back