Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already looks fantastic. I wondered were you going to add that extra detail to the top - of course I needn't have worried.

I think the barrels will stand out beautifully on the shelf. Between those, the dolly cart and the teargas launcher there's a great T2 Cyberdyne theme going. Maybe you could actually advertise them as a grouping of accessories - ''Cyberdyne Demolition''.

I get the biggest kick out of adding in every detail possible, so yep, there was never any doubt:)

Only thing I have to figure out is production. Having even one 1/6 scale barrel printed is pretty expensive and would make it prohibitive in my opinion. So I have to decide if I get a print and then cast or do something else. A barrel would be a pretty good thing to try on my personal printer, so that's probably where I'll start.

what about dividing it into 3 hollow parts?

9x2C9cl.jpg

or 4 parts - that complex top cover can be a separate part.
anyway this allows making it hollow, and all seams are originally present on a real barrel.

what about dividing it into 3 hollow parts?

9x2C9cl.jpg

or 4 parts - that complex top cover can be a separate part.
anyway this allows making it hollow, and all seams are originally present on a real barrel.
You have a good idea however the barrel is already hollow! Everything I model is hollowed out if possible to reduce materials and cost, even the guns. So even when hollowed out it's more expensive than I want it to be.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I get the biggest kick out of adding in every detail possible, so yep, there was never any doubt:)

Only thing I have to figure out is production. Having even one 1/6 scale barrel printed is pretty expensive and would make it prohibitive in my opinion. So I have to decide if I get a print and then cast or do something else. A barrel would be a pretty good thing to try on my personal printer, so that's probably where I'll start.

Ah, that explains why you've seemed to hesitate on the barrel even though it was one of the suggestions early on. I'm pretty clueless about how all this works and the economy of it for the individual so odds are my requests may be implausible and present difficulties that I'm not aware of.

Ah, that explains why you've seemed to hesitate on the barrel even though it was one of the suggestions early on. I'm pretty clueless about how all this works and the economy of it for the individual so odds are my requests may be implausible and present difficulties that I'm not aware of.

Yes, you are exactly right. I was concerned about cost of production given the limited numbers that are likely to be interested. For example right now it would cost ~$65 to have a single 1/6 barrel printed through Shapeways, let alone adding decals, paint, etc., and there's no way I want to be selling people barrels for anywhere near that.

So as I said I will likely, at the very least, print a barrel on my own printer and see how it looks. The printer does really well with smoother, more symmetrical items, so I think it will look pretty good raw. With some cleanup and finishing I think it'd actually look quite nice overall and could serve as a good master to mold to then cast copies.

A 1:10 barrel would likely be significantly less to print due to the drastic reduction in materials volume, printer space, etc., so a straight print of that may be more feasible, we'll see.

After seeing this pic with the control box I wish I hadn't dropped out..didnt even think of this scene ..doh!!! :cuckoo:
You can still get one if you'd like, just have to pay for it and shipping.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

To anyone getting the control box the best hand for holding it is the hand HT provided for gripping the steel rod. You have to cut the thumb apart from the index finger though. However I've somewhat damaged DoggieDocs cool wire-mesh. It's so thin that the twisting manipulation of getting it into the hand caused a lot of the mesh to become undone and I even stabbed myself with a loose strand - drawing a surprising amount of blood :lol

So I took some tape and wrapped it around the part of the mesh that the figure will hold onto to try to prevent further unravelling.

Really want one will just wait to see what other goodies you come up with first

Sounds good!

Alrighty so I went ahead and did a print of the barrel lid. Looks GREAT. The print had an adhesion issue about 1/2 way through which is why there's sort of a weird line in the middle, but otherwise it looks awesome. I think the size is spot on as well, and the rest of the barrel should look great.

VpcUqHr.jpg

4RzR2dS.jpg

Yep, looks good. Can't say I'd care about a weird line going through it.

Yeah I didn't figure the line would be a huge issue, I just thought I'd mention in. Overall I am more than pleased with the print. I will probably try and print the main barrel itself next. If I get really clean prints from both I don't see any reason why I can't used these as masters for molding. If so I can keep the barrel cost quite a bit lower than the 60-something a print would normally cost.

I will also try and get a 1:10 version going soon and show that off as soon as I can!

Hey, guys, I just wanted to let you all know I made my first official sale on Shapeways today! I know it might not seem like a big deal but it's pretty cool, and I feel like I have a lot of you to thank here for supporting this project, posting pictures of your items, commenting on my Facebook page, etc. THANK YOU ALL:yess:

Back