Full figure The Malcolm X Project (Full Set) Jacob Rahmier + Yunsil + DoggieDoc

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome! I think the suit material in the source photos is thinner than suit material now; in the photos, it draped differently than contemporary suits. At any rate, I think the tailoring on this looks great

“I had just moved to Harlem. It was the first night I was there, and I went for a walk and there was a rally going on. Of course, I had heard about Malcolm before that, but it was mostly the kind of negative things they were running about him in the press then. I felt as if I was hearing the truth. I had never heard anyone speak with such clarity and forcefulness. And he just stimulated me. I found if he mentioned a book or a magazine article, I would try to find it. You hear people use that cliche about the University of the Streets. It really was that.” - A. Peter Bailey,

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What a beautifully tailored suit, courtesy of Toribox.

And to all of you who have supported this project so far, I appreciate your continued patience. I’m doing my best to ensure this is one of the most valued pieces of art in your collection.

Lastly, the version displayed in these photos was painted by Moon.
5E336CB5-ECF1-40E9-B630-F13C1D1CE5BD.jpeg
781E3567-6695-4CA5-A9F9-C6359CA79DE9.jpeg
61343D99-623B-4CD0-948F-15A8955D4964.jpeg
28C0D7B6-C366-41B2-A7BA-9742331A16DD.jpeg
99417AE4-BB63-482C-BC60-39A16A4B2EC5.jpeg
96356ED2-9959-4530-82D5-CCD0CD769C0A.jpeg
CC746A4A-00FD-47A9-8B3A-46D3888E1F55.jpeg
13301C2F-80FB-49FF-ABDC-1FDA19546069.jpeg
0957D0F7-7455-4A93-9BE5-64FF9F07D793.jpeg

“I had just moved to Harlem. It was the first night I was there, and I went for a walk and there was a rally going on. Of course, I had heard about Malcolm before that, but it was mostly the kind of negative things they were running about him in the press then. I felt as if I was hearing the truth. I had never heard anyone speak with such clarity and forcefulness. And he just stimulated me. I found if he mentioned a book or a magazine article, I would try to find it. You hear people use that cliche about the University of the Streets. It really was that.” - A. Peter Bailey,

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What a beautifully tailored suit, courtesy of Toribox.

And to all of you who have supported this project so far, I appreciate your continued patience. I’m doing my best to ensure this is one of the most valued pieces of art in your collection.

Lastly, the version displayed in these photos was painted by Moon.
View attachment 438686View attachment 438687View attachment 438688View attachment 438689View attachment 438690View attachment 438691View attachment 438692View attachment 438693View attachment 438694
Looks awesome! 😁 Suit is much better than the original prototype :)

Any update on this project?
Please pardon the delayed response. The run was ordered 2 months ago. Yunsil said she would be working towards fulfilling it in February so I’ll update you guys as soon as she sends me a message.

I know everyone is looking forward to Malcolm’s signature glasses. I’ll also post images of the remaining accessories as soon as Doc is able to work his magic.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Hey guys

I know things have been quiet for a bit, and I appreciate your patience while we wait for Toribox to complete tailoring the suits 🙏🏽

I’ll update everyone as soon as Yunsil is done or his glasses are made.

Thanks.

Project update;
⁣⁣
Malcolm X - Malcolm’s suits have finally been completed by Toribox. They’re currently being inspected before being shipped to me.⁣⁣
⁣⁣
I appreciate everyone’s continued patience as we inch closer to completing this historic project. I apologize for the long wait, but some things are out of my control. Thank you for understanding and your continued support 🙏🏽

30183B74-8457-4571-A1BA-0AD9B0B36A7A.jpeg

Been waiting for this one for a while, and I am sure it will be worth it

Unfortunately, Hongmoon Noh will no longer be a part of the Malcolm X project. Initially, after the marvelous prototype was unveiled, he told me he needed sufficient time to finish the rest. But after a spell of 4 months with zero communication, despite numerous attempts to contact him, I started to get very alarmed. Then, he finally responded, apologized, and said it was due to health issues, in addition to having to move his workspace to another location. He then asked me to grant him more time to complete his end of the agreement.

Regrettably, after waiting and waiting and granting him more time, he just couldn’t do it. He told me his career, as a painter, has come to an end. I am extremely disappointed, but I can’t force anyone to work. I think he does exceptional work, both as a painter and caster, but we have no choice other than to move on now. I’m gutted about the news, but I truly exhausted all efforts.

I have attached a piece of our conversation so that everyone can see what happened.

Even after this, he stated if he was granted more time then he would be able to finish it. And so I gave him the benefit of the doubt, once again, in an attempt to salvage the project’s continuity. However, today was my final deadline and I couldn’t accept any more delays.

Therefore, in light of the disheartening news, I am forced to get another painter to complete the project (while we wait for the suits to be delivered and a few accessories to be completed) I have three in mind;

@Kaistudio2017

@BlackWhite_the_painter (a prototype will be released soon, as a head sculpt is already in his possession)

@ZakiWoo

However, I am open to whatever you guys want.

*Please note, this does not affect those of you who secured Jacob’s version. Those heads have long been painted.

I sincerely apologize to those affected. I still can’t believe this happened. Please let me know what you gentlemen prefer.

And, as always, you can contact me directly on Instagram @TreasuresOfTheSixthScale or Facebook - Marcus Grail.

Attachments

• F70C1A48-0BE9-4816-AE25-297EEA8ADCD8.jpeg
    F70C1A48-0BE9-4816-AE25-297EEA8ADCD8.jpeg
    861.3 KB
Unfortunately, Hongmoon Noh will no longer be a part of the Malcolm X project. Initially, after the marvelous prototype was unveiled, he told me he needed sufficient time to finish the rest. But after a spell of 4 months with zero communication, despite numerous attempts to contact him, I started to get very alarmed. Then, he finally responded, apologized, and said it was due to health issues, in addition to having to move his workspace to another location. He then asked me to grant him more time to complete his end of the agreement.

Regrettably, after waiting and waiting and granting him more time, he just couldn’t do it. He told me his career, as a painter, has come to an end. I am extremely disappointed, but I can’t force anyone to work. I think he does exceptional work, both as a painter and caster, but we have no choice other than to move on now. I’m gutted about the news, but I truly exhausted all efforts.

I have attached a piece of our conversation so that everyone can see what happened.

Even after this, he stated if he was granted more time then he would be able to finish it. And so I gave him the benefit of the doubt, once again, in an attempt to salvage the project’s continuity. However, today was my final deadline and I couldn’t accept any more delays.

Therefore, in light of the disheartening news, I am forced to get another painter to complete the project (while we wait for the suits to be delivered and a few accessories to be completed) I have three in mind;

@Kaistudio2017

@BlackWhite_the_painter (a prototype will be released soon, as a head sculpt is already in his possession)

@ZakiWoo

However, I am open to whatever you guys want.

*Please note, this does not affect those of you who secured Jacob’s version. Those heads have long been painted.

I sincerely apologize to those affected. I still can’t believe this happened. Please let me know what you gentlemen prefer.

And, as always, you can contact me directly on Instagram @TreasuresOfTheSixthScale or Facebook - Marcus Grail.
Actually I would prefer a refund...

Back