Accessory (Closed) Accurate 1/6 'Dent | Two-Face Shoes'

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barefoot.jpg

In fashion circles, this is called "the harvey dent look" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Have a great weekend everyone!

This project has been delayed enough. Let's wrap this up. Fan you don't have to delay any more. Please finish the project you started first and proceed with new things.

View attachment 435676

In fashion circles, this is called "the harvey dent look" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Have a great weekend everyone!
Man, not only incredible patience but also a portion of humour. :LOL:

More than I could ask for. Many thanks bud, it will be rewarded in the end. šŸ™

This project has been delayed enough. Let's wrap this up. Fan you don't have to delay any more. Please finish the project you started first and proceed with new things.

Yes, fully agree. It has taken much to long. I admit I had to work through other "more heavy" obligations first and there was a bigger delay to find a new adequate painter. I will ship them right after the gloved hands are on the way.

Thank you for the update @Fan.

I don't think anyone here needs to know the detail around the heavy obligations that you refer to - everyone goes through one thing or another during their lifetime that demands their full attention - that's just life. Anyone who's been "around the block" a time or two understands that.

With hindsight being 20/20, it may have been better if you had maybe stated up front that the next few months were going to be difficult and you just needed some time to get stuff squared away. I think that everyone with any level of maturity would have understood and appreciated the advanced notice. I think it was the repeated promises of future updates and shipping that snowballed into the perception of foot dragging for no good reason. I don't mean to imply that you were dragging your feet, just that it probably didn't register that you were not in a position to deliver on the dates you wanted to.

In any event, I hope that all of that is behind you now and we can all focus on why we all come to this site. Again, best wishes.

Thank you @BigWayne, you bring it to the point.

I understand that recurring individual delays can be more frustrating than a big delay which one is prepared for. I will be more careful with time commitments in the future to avoid frustration and I will improve my planning.

I always want to make sure that what I deliver is up to my standards, but at the same time I don't want it to take too long.

Whenever I announced that it would be finished soon it was with good intentions, I really assumed that it would work out that way. Obviously I'm always too optimistic and underestimate the time needed and what comes in between.

Just to recap what went wrong in this case besides my own backlog. The project was going well at first, until the castings were delayed, which meant that a new adequate painter had to be found when the previous painter unfortunately was no longer available.

Current status and planning: Painting is nearing completion and delivery is scheduled for beginning of October. If I don't deliver them this year I will refund the amounts and ship the shoes for free.

I will be more careful with time commitments in the future to avoid frustration and I will improve my planning.
Current status and planning: Painting is nearing completion and delivery is scheduled for beginning of October. If I don't deliver them this year I will refund the amounts and ship the shoes for free.

@Fan - Despite your good intentions, the dates for the Dent shoes came and went and we all appear to be in the exact same position as we were five months ago. I feel like everyone has been very patient, understanding, and respectful of the issues that have happened to delay the project.

It would be greatly appreciated if you would just make this happen.

Thanks!

dora.jpeg

I bet we all know how this ends . . . . .

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 7.46.22 PM.png

Mystery solved ;)

I haven't read the book, but it appears that at least she has one shoe and I'm sure she gets the pair before the last page. @Fan It would be greatly appreciated if you could please get these shipped so we could finish our story on this as well.

See what I did there?

Thanks!

@Fan -

Youā€™ve moved this out of the public view into a private message, but you still havenā€™t delivered, havenā€™t refunded, and continue to disappoint by ghosting again.

On 25July, you were ā€œready for shippingā€. We all sent our addresses, and nothing shipped.

I also asked for clarification as to why you want to charge us for shipping when you stated you wouldnā€™t because this was so far overdue. No response.

Itā€™s experiences like this that make me want to leave this hobby.

Speaking only for myself, just ship or refund. At this point, I donā€™t care which.

Same for the joker hands and the ras al ghul accessories. Iā€™ve funded you with over $300 and got nothing in return - except for the absolute right to call you out.

@DoggieDoc @Raymond F. @Asta - as moderators here, can one of you please step in and either get this moving, or keep this from happening to someone else?

Thanks!

Fan was always like that. In order to proceed with a new project, He have to finish the previous project.

@Fan -

Youā€™ve moved this out of the public view into a private message, but you still havenā€™t delivered, havenā€™t refunded, and continue to disappoint by ghosting again.

On 25July, you were ā€œready for shippingā€. We all sent our addresses, and nothing shipped.

I also asked for clarification as to why you want to charge us for shipping when you stated you wouldnā€™t because this was so far overdue. No response.

Speaking only for myself, just ship or refund. At this point, I donā€™t care which.

Same for the joker hands and the ras al ghul accessories. Iā€™ve funded you with over $300 and got nothing in return - except for the absolute right to call you out.

@DoggieDoc @Raymond F. @Asta - as moderators here, can one of you please step in and either get this moving, or keep this from happening to someone else?

Thanks!
Admins have reached out to Fan a while ago and were given a list of withstanding projects and deadlines - all of which were missed. It has been a repeated cycle of promises and missed deadlines. It was made clear to him that new projects could not be started on the forums, he has taken to Facebook to start new ones.

Admins have cautioned people from giving him money, but there is not really much else that can be done. If he is banned that would give him no accountability to follow anything through. At this juncture my advice would be to seek refunds if buyer protection is still available.

In all honesty, Iā€™m coming to terms with the reality that Iā€™ve probably been screwed. Fan has been running this game on the shoes for over 3 years and on the joker hands for about as long as well. As far as I can tell, in any of the 50 states, thatā€™s called theft by deception.

Iā€™ll be taking this up with paypal. Although Iā€™m way past their protection window, Iā€™m hoping to convey to them an understanding of my experience that he is using their services to perpetuate fraud. With any luck, theyā€™ll agree that they shouldnā€™t do business with him.

Unfortunately for me, I must have joined before there were any warnings issued. As I said earlier, itā€™s cost me over $300 to learn heā€™s not to be trusted.

As to not banning him, Iā€™m not sure why anyone would think that heā€™s going to suddenly sprout a conscience and do the right thing. In fact, it might be a valid observation that by not banning him, this site continues to (indirectly) allow people that are currently out money to just sell their spots to unsuspecting new members, and just spread the misery by victimizing them.

I would hate to think that a new member would get screwed over like I did simply because they just want something custom for their figures.

Just my opinion, and I say this with all respect and appreciation for your input, but the only way he stops here is if you stop him. And by that I mean ban him and prohibit the sale of spots in any of his yet to be delivered active projects. I would imagine that news would reach facebook and have an impact, perhaps even saving someone else from losing their money.

Thanks again for your feedback. I appreciate your time and advice.

His actions here are monitored. We have seen no new threads have been made since the warnings were issued. As of now it has been the same projects idling. Every time he gets called out, new promises are made. He takes very regular absences from the forums as well. As of this post he has not logged onto here since October 6. He will surely log back on and give a fresh new set of excuses and dates. People beyond the moderators need to spread the word across the hobby that this is simply not ok.

A post was made among many Facebook groups that warned everyone of buying his items. Some collectors heard the message and some still hold out hope that somehow these items will ship. I highly recommend anyone to seek a refund while they can.

@Fan -

Thanks!
Hearing you, there is no excuse for my low performance in sticking to the promises I made for deadlines in these projects. Happened before and while it never is with bad intentions from my side and I always deliver in the end, it still does not change the fact that it is frustrating and takes to long.

These shoes are long completed and it makes it even more frustrating that I could not continue the shipping process over the past weeks. Delivering these within two weeks or I will refund them. Will make similar proposals for other open accessories.

Last edited:
Thanks for weighing in here @Fan. And taking accountability.

Life is hard and sometimes commitments or complications can get in the way of honest intentions. What we are striving to do on the forum here is to create a community where people feel supported and safe by sending money to one another for the hobby we all love. And we want to do our best to provide as much information and transparency to eveyone so they can be responsible for making their own decisions on who they do business with.

As mentioned above there are some problems with outright banning members with open runs, we have done this before and thatā€™s only served to cut off people with open orders from the person in question.

Harassment, abuse, or poor behavior constitutes an outright ban, those with open runs need to be handled a little more constructively.

What we will start to take more seriously is sticky tagging notices about members who are non communicative and continually donā€™t deliver on prior promises after what we determine is a reasonable amount of offenses.

We are aware this will not help members with open orders but it will help warn new members or for other members to purchase spots and find themselves in the same conundrum.

Those who will be tagged on the site will be given private or public notice (so this can formally serve as that). The moderators have discussed and are aware of similar situations in other projects as well and we will also action on them accordingly.

At this juncture I think we have a two week or refund shipping promise from Fan, and we hope itā€™s something that can be agreed on.

At that point we will then commence the formal sticky tab warnings.

Thanks to all for your communication and consideration in this matter.

Thank you for the update @Fan.

I don't think anyone here needs to know the detail around the heavy obligations that you refer to - everyone goes through one thing or another during their lifetime that demands their full attention - that's just life. Anyone who's been "around the block" a time or two understands that.

With hindsight being 20/20, it may have been better if you had maybe stated up front that the next few months were going to be difficult and you just needed some time to get stuff squared away. I think that everyone with any level of maturity would have understood and appreciated the advanced notice. I think it was the repeated promises of future updates and shipping that snowballed into the perception of foot dragging for no good reason. I don't mean to imply that you were dragging your feet, just that it probably didn't register that you were not in a position to deliver on the dates you wanted to.

In any event, I hope that all of that is behind you now and we can all focus on why we all come to this site. Again, best wishes.

It's sad that you gave him a vote of confidence here, only to have him take advantage of it.

Back