1/6 travis bickle cash box

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bates82

Super Freak
Reaction score
26de1961af125572fb1e2b39b1298302_zpscbd18fef.jpg

Ordering Information:

With the design now finalized I am ready to start taking orders on this project. The way I plan on doing this is opening an order window for about one week or so. I will collect deposits/full payments during that time and once the list is closed, no more orders will be added later on. I will print everyone's box bottoms and lids all at the same time in one large print job. I'm not going to cost justify cranking up the machine later on to do a one off, because I will already be on to another project by then. So if you want to get in on this run, please do not hesitate. I do not own a Bickle figure myself so I have no plan to make extras for myself like I do with figures I do own. I will only be making the quantities ordered.

When the ordering window is open I will require a minimum, non-refundable deposit on your total to secure your order. Should you change your mind after the print process has started, you forfeit your deposit. You are free to pay in full if you like, and paid in full orders will be processed and created first. Anyone needing to go the deposit route are free to pay their balance upon completion.

I estimate from the time that the ordering window closes that turn around time will be in the 2+ week timeframe. It could be sooner if I get on a good roll.
I do have 3 completed boxes in hand that will ship sooner than the rest.

My wife is getting an estimate today on international shipping and that will be filled in ASAP.
If you are an international buyer and want to just do a deposit, and I have not posted the shipping rates yet, feel free to just do a deposit based on the item price without shipping for now.

Also if you opt in for a kit and between now and finishing the project should you decide to upgrade to a finished version you can do so by paying the difference with no issues.

The Kit Version:
Here is what you get:
- 1 3D printed box lid
- 1 3D printed box bottom
- 1 printed, one piece die-cut vinyl decal box bottom wrap
- 1 printed, one piece die-cut vinyl decal outside lid wrap
- 1 printed, one piece die-cut vinyl decal inside lid wrap
- 1 printed, one piece die-cut vinyl decal outer hinge
- 1 printed, one piece die-cut vinyl decal box tray liner
- Bonus 1/6 cash will NOT come with the kits, only with the Finished Versions

What you will need to do: a very, very light sanding for the primer to grip to, sanding, painting and sealing.
You will see very, very little of the actual box plastic if your decals are applied correctly. I wouldn't put a ton of effort into trying to mix the perfect paint color, I just went with a color somewhere between dark brown and black. You see so little of it, that it doesn't matter.

After the paint has dried you will then need to apply your die-cut decals. Around the time I start shipping kits, I will do a write up of the order you need to apply these in. This all sounds much more difficult than it really is, so don't be intimidated.

Price for U.S. customers: $55 - Add $3 for Ground Shipping without Insurance and Tracking. Add $7 for USPS Priority Shipping with Tracking and Insurance
International customers add ( ) to the U.S. price for the additional shipping.
If you choose the option that does not include tracking and insurance, I cannot be responsible for any damages.

The Finished Version:
Here is what you will get:
- 1 painted, assembled and finished box.
- The hinge is designed just like the original and the lid really opens and closes.
- Finished Version customers will also receive crumpled up bonus cash. There will be a $20 bill as seen in the photo on a previous post, and a few $1 bills. Bonus cash will not be available in the kits.

Price for U.S. customers: $85 - Add $3 for Ground Shipping without Insurance and Tracking. Add $7 for USPS Priority Shipping with Tracking and Insurance
International customers add ( ) to the U.S. price for the additional shipping.
If you choose the option that does not include tracking and insurance, I cannot be responsible for any damages.

My paypal information: [email protected]
Please feel free to PM me with any questions or comments.

If your paypal payment does not include your shipping address and board name in the notes, it may get refunded, I need to be able to know what goes to who

The Official List:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

List:

Bates82
Marlindesign
Bernard2002
Chilipep66
Levit05
Greatlakes66
Travis A
Bullet
Raymond Ferraro
Shortround
Mightyq
Jefftvr
Turbo
Ren_dog

Okay, I have the quotes for international shipping. The first finished box went out this morning and because the weight and box size is going to be the same on all, my wife had them quote worldwide international rates 3 different ways. In the post I made yesterday I had said "International folks add..." Scrap that because it's too confusing. the following rates you will just add to the item.

Here are the 3 options for international shipping for both the kits and finished boxes:

1) International First Class - No Tracking, No Insurance - This is the slowest, most economical solution: $12.45
2) Registered with $100 Insurance, no tracking number - $26.10
3) Express Global - Includes Tracking AND Insurance - Also arrives within 3-5 days - $55.00

So just choose your option and add it to either the $55 kit price or the $85 finished price.

Also the plan as of right now is to end the ordering date this Friday, the 31st, so please make sure to get your deposits or full payments in.

Last edited:
yep im in! VM did a great one with his Travis figure a few years back, Corrose would do a great job on this, id go in for a full 3D box

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Ideally I would like to tackle this project and do it as a 3D printed box, as it would have a more sturdy look about it, however I'm needing to see some real interest up front. I would hate to put 5-7 hours into the modeling, 4-6 hours to print a prototype, and then spend another 8-10 hours scanning the box, cleaning up the file digitally, laying out new dielines, and doing test decal prints to get a good fit if there is only going to be interest in a couple of these. So please speak up if you would be interested in this project, as it will help me gauge which direction to go.

Thanks

Ok, so I put in a huge chunk of my evening in, and I got the panels scanned, cleaned up, figured out the dielines, and laid the newly cleaned art into the templates and did some test prints:

718v.jpg

q4v3.jpg

8jyj.jpg

8a2h.jpg

q9zs.jpg

60w3.jpg

Ok, so I put in a huge chunk of my evening in, and I got the panels scanned, cleaned up, figured out the dielines, and laid the newly cleaned art into the templates and did some test prints:

718v.jpg

q4v3.jpg

8jyj.jpg

8a2h.jpg

q9zs.jpg

60w3.jpg

Dude I just spat my tea out, that looks awesome :lol

Yeah I started some initial work on that before bed last night, so ideally the kit would be a blank box and these adhesive wraps to apply.
If you guys could post something about this on the RM thread to help drive some traffic over here, that would be great, ultimately the more interest there is, the lower the price will be.

One more image, I love showing this off.
The fact that at this scale, the type is completely readable. I LOVE my print setup!

ymzi.jpg

Yea man that is bad ***! I am definitely in for the full deal :) anyway of offering a full constructed kit as well? So we don't have to apply the stickers ourselves?

The Box and lid have been modeled, nothing exciting to show image wise because it's just a rectangular box with a lid :)
But I will try to print a prototype of the box tonight if I can and start trying to fine tune the die-lines on the decals.

Back