1/6 travis bickle cash box

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking for this thread! Glad it was bumped. Interested in a box. Whatever you guys decide is best, I'm down for. Thanks. :)

Hey i haven't seen the movie in a while so trying to scratch my head as to when do they show the cash box in the movie. Is it in his house? Hmmm... Old age!

Ok, I did an initial 3D print of the 2 piece box. The lid will be a separate piece and will attach via decal. This is the same way the original box was done (I have one on hand for reference). Cleaned up the print, primed and painted the box. It took me several hours and about 8 different revises to the dielines to get the decal to fit properly. Here are a few update photos.

The original 3D model was created in exact detail to the original, but when scaled to EXACT 1/6 scale, the walls were literally as thin as a piece of paper....it literally warps when you handle it. So I had to thicken up the walls. It's not 100% accurate but they are thick enough not to snap in half or warp.

n6db.jpg

717d.jpg

jk50.jpg

b3ns.jpg

7htq.jpg

Yeah I think it's going to be a plastic(3d) version with a decal wrap only. After working through the issues with this project, I now know that trying to make a paper, or paperboard version is not the route I want to go. I still have some other steps I need to work out on this before they are ready, so stay tuned. When ready I will be requiring a deposit of some sort up front. The 3D resin is just too damn expensive to end up with prints because folks have changed their minds. I will plan on doing a kit version as well as a finished. Kit will be as simple as painting your box dark brown and putting the sticker on. As you can see on page 1, the box bottom is one sticker, not several, so you don't need to worry about trying to line up all the different panels.

I may be taking deposits as quickly as this weekend. I spent all evening tweaking the sculpt a bit, and I printed out 3 boxes and lid as a test, the lids are now a perfect fit and I was able to fine tune a few things I didn't like before. Ill probably be tweaking the wrap die lines today and perfecting them.

In the end the kit will come as 1 lid, 1 box bottom, and the decal set will be a total of 5 separate decals that make up the complete wrap.

These will be available as a kit and I may offer a few finished sets as well.

As far as the kits go, the box lid and bottoms don't really need any work done to them aside from priming and painting.

Please subscribe and stay tuned. This is important because as much as the material costs for these prints, I'm not going to make more than 1-2 extras tops outside of paid orders, and I'm less likely to revisit this project later on just to make 1. Once I open these up, if you are considering getting one, I would jump on it.

Please let me know if anyone had any questions about this.

Watching Taxi Driver right now and the first time you see the cash box just went by. Very excited for this little item as it is spot on.

Back