1/6 travis bickle cash box

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I'm simply beat, I have spent most of the weekend, including about 6-7 hours today fine tuning everything. I would adjust the dielines, print the decals, and something would be of 1/16 of an inch, I would fix that, print, apply and then I would notice something else, it was very mddening for awhile but I finally got this sucker right and am very happy with the final results.

I will post pricing info in a following post, it will include prices for both kit and a second option for me assembling your set. Please keep in mind that if the pricing is out of your budget, please don't stir up anything on the thread. Just like every other 1/6 project I take on, I put in tons of time, time away from other projects and my family. In this particular case I scanned an original cigar box, spent several hours re-constructing and cleaning up the digital file, I then measured and modeled in 3D, the actual box and lid, printed out a prototype, laid out the art into dielines that would fit the 1/6 box, found some errors in the original prototype, reworked the 3D model, printed another prototype, primed and painted the prints, and from there spent hours and hours printing and reprinting the decals and applying, removing and revising over and over. I am only letting you guys know about this because I want to illustrate what is involved in taking on a project like this and then someone comes along and doesn't understand why it's not $10. So if this is not for you, please respect the energy put into the project. While I am passionate about 1/6, I do have bills like everyone else.

As a bonus to anyone who goes with the finished sets, you will receive as seen below, 1/6 crumpled bonus cash! :)
This will not be included in the kits.

cxsr.jpg

9lok.jpg

9j7r.jpg

r6m2.jpg

n5k7.jpg

ky19.jpg

rjl5.jpg

32bh.jpg

Wow. What a great little accessory this is gonna be. Put me down for a complete set. :)

Bates82 - please feel free to copy this info to page one when you have time.

Ordering Information:

With the design now finalized I am ready to start taking orders on this project. The way I plan on doing this is opening an order window for about one week or so. I will collect deposits/full payments during that time and once the list is closed, no more orders will be added later on. I will print everyone's box bottoms and lids all at the same time in one large print job. I'm not going to cost justify cranking up the machine later on to do a one off, because I will already be on to another project by then. So if you want to get in on this run, please do not hesitate. I do not own a Bickle figure myself so I have no plan to make extras for myself like I do with figures I do own. I will only be making the quantities ordered.

When the ordering window is open I will require a minimum, non-refundable deposit on your total to secure your order. Should you change your mind after the print process has started, you forfeit your deposit. You are free to pay in full if you like, and paid in full orders will be processed and created first. Anyone needing to go the deposit route are free to pay their balance upon completion.

I estimate from the time that the ordering window closes that turn around time will be in the 2+ week timeframe. It could be sooner if I get on a good roll.
I do have 3 completed boxes in hand that will ship sooner than the rest.

My wife is getting an estimate today on international shipping and that will be filled in ASAP.
If you are an international buyer and want to just do a deposit, and I have not posted the shipping rates yet, feel free to just do a deposit based on the item price without shipping for now.

Also if you opt in for a kit and between now and finishing the project should you decide to upgrade to a finished version you can do so by paying the difference with no issues.

The Kit Version:
Here is what you get:
- 1 3D printed box lid
- 1 3D printed box bottom
- 1 printed, one piece die-cut vinyl decal box bottom wrap
- 1 printed, one piece die-cut vinyl decal outside lid wrap
- 1 printed, one piece die-cut vinyl decal inside lid wrap
- 1 printed, one piece die-cut vinyl decal outer hinge
- 1 printed, one piece die-cut vinyl decal box tray liner
- Bonus 1/6 cash will NOT come with the kits, only with the Finished Versions

What you will need to do: a very, very light sanding for the primer to grip to, sanding, painting and sealing.
You will see very, very little of the actual box plastic if your decals are applied correctly. I wouldn't put a ton of effort into trying to mix the perfect paint color, I just went with a color somewhere between dark brown and black. You see so little of it, that it doesn't matter.

After the paint has dried you will then need to apply your die-cut decals. Around the time I start shipping kits, I will do a write up of the order you need to apply these in. This all sounds much more difficult than it really is, so don't be intimidated.

Price for U.S. customers: $55 - Add $3 for Ground Shipping without Insurance and Tracking. Add $7 for USPS Priority Shipping with Tracking and Insurance
International customers add ( ) to the U.S. price for the additional shipping.
If you choose the option that does not include tracking and insurance, I cannot be responsible for any damages.

The Finished Version:
Here is what you will get:
- 1 painted, assembled and finished box.
- The hinge is designed just like the original and the lid really opens and closes.
- Finished Version customers will also receive crumpled up bonus cash. There will be a $20 bill as seen in the photo on a previous post, and a few $1 bills. Bonus cash will not be available in the kits.

Price for U.S. customers: $85 - Add $3 for Ground Shipping without Insurance and Tracking. Add $7 for USPS Priority Shipping with Tracking and Insurance
International customers add ( ) to the U.S. price for the additional shipping.
If you choose the option that does not include tracking and insurance, I cannot be responsible for any damages.

My paypal information: [email protected]
Please feel free to PM me with any questions or comments.

If your paypal payment does not include your shipping address and board name in the notes, it may get refunded, I need to be able to know what goes to who :)

The Official List:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Cut, copied and pasted mate, ps) sent the funds for the kit, let me know the price for international shipping and I'll send as soon as we have a price :)

Put me down for the full set. Payment will be sent when I get home this evening.

Sounds good, the next person to pay in full for an Assembled set will get one of the ones already finished, first 2 have been claimed. The rest will be in the combined run I do after the ordering period closes. Act fast if you want yours sooner than later.

Back