1/6 travis bickle cash box

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today is the last day, I will take payments up until the end of today and then close the list.
From there I will print all of the boxes at the same time together, most likely over the weekend, or very early next week.
In the meantime I will be prepping the bonus cash packets, and the decal sets are already all done.

Thanks to everyone so far who ordered and has expressed interest.
Without this level of interaction and interest, there would be no resources to reinvest in the next project, or the one after that.

Hey Chris did you manage to get mine sent out :)

I did, it went out that very next day, thanks!

Payment sent. Looking forward to it.. Thanks again..

Got it, thanks!

Payment sent for Finished Version & Registered post option 2 international...

Got it, thanks!

I had some things shift around in my schedule this weekend so I took full advantage of the time to get started on these for you guys.
I printed boxes for all of the paid orders, got them painted and sealed, and even got several of the boxes decal-wrapped. I'll be working on the rest of the boxes this week, and then I will start on everyone's bonus cash sets.

Here are a few photos:

I had some things shift around in my schedule this weekend so I took full advantage of the time to get started on these for you guys.
I printed boxes for all of the paid orders, got them painted and sealed, and even got several of the boxes decal-wrapped. I'll be working on the rest of the boxes this week, and then I will start on everyone's bonus cash sets.

Here are a few photos:

z6px.jpg

ocwm.jpg

w2q8.jpg

Here are a few photos:

z6px.jpg

ocwm.jpg

w2q8.jpg

Wow! Amazing work brother! :clap

Thanks for the kind words. As I just posted on my main thread, I will be without my printer for the next few days, but I went ahead and printed out enough wraps for everyone's orders in case they have my printer longer than they estimate so that I can keep working on these. Also as folks start getting these, please remember that these are hand crafted items. The same way that SilentSurfer will tell you to minimize finger contact with his painted sculpts because you could damage the paint, same kind of idea here. The hinge on this lid was done the exact same way as the original box, with paper/vinyl decals. It goes without saying if you open and close the lid on this 1/6 over and over, over and over, the hinges will get weaker. Just handle it with care as you would any other handcrafted 1/6 item.

Thanks for the kind words. As I just posted on my main thread, I will be without my printer for the next few days, but I went ahead and printed out enough wraps for everyone's orders in case they have my printer longer than they estimate so that I can keep working on these. Also as folks start getting these, please remember that these are hand crafted items. The same way that SilentSurfer will tell you to minimize finger contact with his painted sculpts because you could damage the paint, same kind of idea here. The hinge on this lid was done the exact same way as the original box, with paper/vinyl decals. It goes without saying if you open and close the lid on this 1/6 over and over, over and over, the hinges will get weaker. Just handle it with care as you would any other handcrafted 1/6 item.

Awwww so I can't put it through my washing machine? ;)

Several finished boxed went out last Friday, I will update the thread on who, and post tracking numbers where applicable. I wanted to share a quick illustration to help understand how this item should and should not be handled.

In the below diagram, you see 2 cigar box diagrams, side views, the blue lines are the decals that act as the hinges, holding the lid to the base.
The left image shows the angle that is safe to open it it. Any position between this angle and closed is fine. If you try to go 90 degrees or beyond, you're putting too much stress on the inner vinyl hinge, and it's likely to peel off. This obviously does not mean your box is broken, it just means this hinge will unstick. You can always press it back down, but the more and more you lift the lid in the wrong direction, the more it will un-peel, and eventually there will be little to no adhesion left on the decal. I didn't think to do this on the first 2 orders that shipped, but on all the rest, in the bottom of the box I included a spare set of these hinge decals. Worse case scenario you need to replace them. As mentioned before these are not production line hot toys items, these are handcrafted replicas and should be handled carefully.

gkvo.png

Chris, can you please hold a box for me and I'll pay first thing in the morning? I'm too shot to read and catch up on the latest but I'm 100% in

Received my box yesterday. Wow, this is one nice piece and I was shocked at the weight (heavy).

hey guys... i am looking for a thread where someone was doing badges for taxi driver jackets... any idea where and who was doing it. just cant locate it.

Back