Hydeous - [Paint + Custom Work] : < Accepting Commission >

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hydeous - [Paint Work] : &lt;Open for Commission&gt;

SLR pics taken by my friend:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great job Hydeous, definitely on the right track. It's also amazing to see how the eye position helps add so much character to the sculpt.

Thanks for keeping up with the update, annihilate :wave

Yeah, it's something that I like bout this sculpt. I was experimenting on different position of the eyes and they all look like they are a completely different base sculpt.

Thanks for keeping up with the update, annihilate :wave

Yeah, it's something that I like bout this sculpt. I was experimenting on different position of the eyes and they all look like they are a completely different base sculpt.

Haha..not at all. I've always wanted to pick up a brush myself and get going. Lack of supplies has always been the deterrant, but nonetheless I totally love following a journey. It's exhilarating. Man look at Jake, he's a monster now!

Haha..not at all. I've always wanted to pick up a brush myself and get going. Lack of supplies has always been the deterrant, but nonetheless I totally love following a journey. It's exhilarating. Man look at Jake, he's a monster now!

Do it. I only wish I had start sooner, as there's quite a few great sculpts that I wish I had the chance to paint.

I've bought paint stuff since 2011 or something but have barely touched it until recently. At one point, I was trying to sell my airbrush compressor since it's just sitting there, taking up space, gathering dust. :lol

I've always loved kuato's and small studios's stuffs for a very long time. I've only begin to notice Jake's work from FB and yeah, he's definitely on par with those guys now.

I've been silently following this thread since you created it, and I just have to say what incredible work! You rarely see such flawless paintwork out of seasoned painters let alone somebody who just recently picked up the brush! I can't wait to see your paint-up of bbkill's Bond!

Again, looks amazing. Keep up the great work - followed you on IG :)

I've been silently following this thread since you created it, and I just have to say what incredible work! You rarely see such flawless paintwork out of seasoned painters let alone somebody who just recently picked up the brush! I can't wait to see your paint-up of bbkill's Bond!

Thanks! I can't wait to receive the head as well.

Holy hell Mike.

:clap

Again, looks amazing. Keep up the great work - followed you on IG :)

Thanks for dropping in, guys :rock

Appreciate the compliments :duff

your paintwork is really nice hydeous. i can't imagine you not getting a lot of commissions with such a bright future ahead of you :)

hydeous paintworks - very ironic all things considered :)

your paintwork is really nice hydeous. i can't imagine you not getting a lot of commissions with such a bright future ahead of you :)

hydeous paintworks - very ironic all things considered :)

Thanks for the compliment, coming from a veteran painter like you, it means a lot. :duff I kinda enjoy painting atm, but I'd like to sculpt in the future. I'm just downloading some basic stuffs atm to the processing part of my old brain to store which may take a while. :panic:

and yeah, I never really considered taking up painting or anything involving with work when I chose this username. :lol

Thanks for the compliment, coming from a veteran painter like you, it means a lot. :duff I kinda enjoy painting atm, but I'd like to sculpt in the future. I'm just downloading some basic stuffs atm to the processing part of my old brain to store which may take a while. :panic:

and yeah, I never really considered taking up painting or anything involving with work when I chose this username. :lol

i'm no vet, though i look forward to being one. i taught myself how to paint with zombies mid 2012 so your fast progress is very impressive :) i'd also like to get into sculpting, though i'll probably take the easy route and just mod existing materials 'cause i'm lazy and hate embarrassing myself publicly o_O

good luck with your future pursuits hydeous :)

i'm no vet, though i look forward to being one. i taught myself how to paint with zombies mid 2012 so your fast progress is very impressive :) i'd also like to get into sculpting, though i'll probably take the easy route and just mod existing materials 'cause i'm lazy and hate embarrassing myself publicly o_O

good luck with your future pursuits hydeous :)

You are man, at least to me, you are. rock

Ive never really tried painting blood and gore-y stuff yet, perhaps having little girls who eeks out at scary stuffs in the house have something to do with that. Though I can imagine how long it must have taken you to do those!

Don't be afraid to fail, thats one single most important thing that my teacher told me. Thanks, 8-Bit, you too bud :duff

thanks buddy - words to live by for sure - will do :) :) :)

:rock

What's next ? :impatient:

:lol I'm working on a white resin Marv from Sin City and a HT Steve Rogers now. I have some progress pics on the fb and Instagram page.

Both prove to be a bit challenging because white resin isn't behaving like normal flesh colored resin. And the HT Steve Rogers sculpt that we get from HT isn't as good and well detailed as the Proto ones. I guess it's their way of combatting with the recasters. Now I get it when rorywan says 'soft' sculpt. :lol

Haha...just prodding you mate. I'm guessing you're working on F-seb's Marv ?

Back