TonyMeis Custom

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you not allowed to post details of your work up here on this forum? I only ask because you too often tell people to go to Facebook and seeing as there are a massive amount of people that do not use it, it seems a poor choice to try to showcase your work.

Are you not allowed to post details of your work up here on this forum? I only ask because you too often tell people to go to Facebook and seeing as there are a massive amount of people that do not use it, it seems a poor choice to try to showcase your work.

I dont use Sideshow forum as often, and to repost all the steps and pictures is very trouble to do over and over. Facebook is much easier to post and organize all my work and details, also much easier to find all the past data. As for forum, people will have to search pages after pages....., its just not as user friendly these days. Also most of my friends are on facebook, its much easier to share and discuss.

besides, I have been in and out of the forum since 2005, and joined since 2007, most of the people I know actually left this forum and start to grown on facebook. I'm only here posting every now and then when I get the chance, most of my focus are on facebook and other pages. if yo see my page view count, its pretty much top 10 of all time...., so if we are talking about poor choices....., I believe its the forum loosing attraction and not my work.

No you misunderstood what i was getting at...
i'm not saying that this place is the best way to show your work... but you have chosen facebook it seems as your stage. and seeing as there are still a lot of people that don't use facebook (myself included) there are a bunch of people that can't get the real deal on what you are doing, working on, stuff for sale, etc. That's all I was getting at. There are things you have for sale and have done and you always put for people to go to facebook... and if you are not using facebook, you don't have the ability to see what you are doing/selling. Not sure if you are aware of that or not... That's all i meant with a poor choice of using something to promote your work/business and there are a bunch of people that don't have the ability to see it.

No you misunderstood what i was getting at...
i'm not saying that this place is the best way to show your work... but you have chosen facebook it seems as your stage. and seeing as there are still a lot of people that don't use facebook (myself included) there are a bunch of people that can't get the real deal on what you are doing, working on, stuff for sale, etc. That's all I was getting at. There are things you have for sale and have done and you always put for people to go to facebook... and if you are not using facebook, you don't have the ability to see what you are doing/selling. Not sure if you are aware of that or not... That's all i meant with a poor choice of using something to promote your work/business and there are a bunch of people that don't have the ability to see it.

totally understand where you are coming from. Like mentioned above, I make these customs for myself and personal collection. When I do have or made extra, often offer a small amount to close friends and fans I'm "familiar" with. Facebook is much easier because I get to see who I'm offer my custom parts to, also able to track for quality control much easier. I rather use Facebook because its important to build relationship with people instead of just offer my custom to strangers. As for those who doesn't have Facebook, why not start one, the 1/6 community on Facebook is much larger than any forum, website, and much more. Not to mention how simple it is to communicate and share pictures with people. Also people on Facebook are open to their own profile, less internet bullies, and much more friendly.

I do have a full time business(not figure related) that's running by itself for the past 15 years, which also allow me to retire financially and make these customs for fun on my own free time. My pictures and works are often share by many fans and customize all over the world, promoting my work is the last thing I really worry nor focusing on. My main focus is still on what I can do to make better figure art base on my own vision, and that's the reason I do what I do.

if people are really interested in seeing what I do, I'm sure they will find a way, other than that, Sideshow forum, Instagram, and Facebook are where my art are usually being shown. Just to maintain these three location is already very time consuming. I rather spent more time on custom than posting and writing...., after all, English isn't my first language, and I never really graduate high school, so writing isn't my strength to begin with....

hope I answer all your questions, but if not, feel free to ask, I'll do my best to cover as much as I can : )

Tony, whatever became of the HT 1966 Robin cape you were going to make for all us '66 fans?

I had purchased your Batman outfit and had been waiting for the Robin. I never heard a word or saw anybody post anything here. I don't do Facebook, so I would not have known.

Back