1:6 Darth Vader 3D Laser Scan & Print Project

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These look great! Really like the asymmetrical look which i thought was one thing evertone missed. Will the Symmetrical version be the ROTS version?

Thanks. The symmetrical one will be ANH style. People can easily change it into ESB and RotJ style just by trimming the chin triangle larger on the face mask and cut off the widows peak point and slim down the bottom opening edges on the dome.

I don't have access to anything RotS and the only one I know who has authentic stuff is not interested in having it scanned.

Got the prints in yesterday. I can't stop looking at them. With the new v2 ANH and ESB face mask prints I'm going to make my v1 print into a RotJ style helmet instead. Might as well turn it into something that can still be used, instead of just sitting around collecting dust. :)

Man, I've been waiting and occasionally checking in with this project for years. The idea I'd be able to buy these is pretty exciting. Hope this goes up for sale sooner rather than later.:pray:

@TMG - Hope you're feeling better. They say it's officially art once you've suffered for it.

Interested. Interested like a m-----F-----! I love this project.

Thanks guys. If all goes well I'm hoping for sometime this year.

Oh, and please be aware that the RotJ helmet will be the v1 reworked, so not really of the same quality as the v2 prints.

Been working on adding hair to Prowse since the start of February and just wanted to show the progress. Sorry for the dark and blurry pictures - lighting sucked and I couldn't hold my damn hand still for my phone to focus and get a good shot. The other pictures show the same issue, as they were all taken with my phone camera.

Here's a shot from February 5th when I started the basic hair "shell" made out of apoxie sculpt, as I can't sculpt directly onto the head cast due to wanting to save the scar detail on the back of his head. In order to do this and not have the shell grip the head and be impossible to take off I am leaving some areas off such as the temple and sideburns, which will be done in super sculpey, so I can mold it and then remove the hair for a reveal style Prowse for later.
DaveProwse-HeadPrint-002_zpsffxcyf0q.jpg

Moving on to February 11th and I started adding in hair details, such as basic thickness and started working on the hair at his brow and chose the swooped up look he has in some pictures taken during ANH. I can't remember if I had started working on the area between his eyebrows and upper eyelids at this time, opening that up and making the eyelids more visible and not covered like most others and giving him that specific look.
DaveProwse-HeadPrint-003_zps2xsyrouy.jpg

February 13th I had been working more on the left side, bulking things up and starting to add swirls and alternate directions for the hair to give it that wild seventies look. Working on Prowse really shows what a large mane he actually has and it's actually fairly reminiscent of how Anakin was shown during RotS, just parted at the opposite side and not as curly.
DaveProwse-HeadPrint-004_zpss4kovbus.jpg

Then we come to last night, February 18th where I worked some more on the hair at his brow and the parting line and I think I did a pretty decent job of making it look natural.
DaveProwse-HeadPrint-005_zps7xffyss3.jpg

Beyond working on the Prowse head, sadly, not at all. Got the capes and tunics made some weeks back, but I've been sick and haven't really felt the drive to work on it much. Honestly don't know where I stand with the new owner yet, as he's still too busy with getting settled at his new house.

I am collecting 3D models for another print batch to replace the v1 scans... but it's difficult to organize and it will cost a lot of money to acquire those parts and have them scanned and printed.

Oh, they are sadly not made with using for a figure in mind. They were made purely for the fabric's properties regarding hanging and folds and will be hardened so I can make resin casts.

Holy cow, this looks amazing.

My customized ANH Vader looks pretty decent, but it's nothing compared to these scans.

I am incredibly interested in buying from you once you decide to sell these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garlic, how many of these will you produce? I would love one of those domes! The mounting wouldn't bother me cause I could just remove it for use on the kaiyodo set.

This project is truly awe inspiring!

Thanks guys. Things are running a little slow these days due to health issue I won't get into further, so very little has happened with this project. I'm still working on Prowse's hair, a little bit at a time.

I don't know yet what the new owner decides regarding sales - fully finished sets only or as individual parts. I will leave all that up to him.

Back