1/6 Ryu from Street Fighter II/III Head Sculpt CANCELLED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Science Friction

Super Freak
Reaction score
EDIT:

Okay, I know this isn't what any of us wants to hear, but I'm going to have to cancel this project. Amnur only has weekends to work on sculpts, and I don't want to overload him with work. Between MGS and his other projects, this is too much for him to work on right now. I'll leave this thread up for the time being so everyone who was interested will see the update.

I personally am not interested in having anyone else do the sculpt. I'm sorry to disappoint you guys, but please check out Amnur MGS sculpts as they really are something special. You'll forgot about Ryu once you've seen them. Thanks for understanding.

Hi guys,

Is anyone interested in a "classic" Ryu head sculpt from the Street Fighter II/III era? I'm talking about the first iconic design of Ryu, where his hair is shaggier and he has the tattered Gi, before he was made super muscular and stocky.

Amnur has agreed to the commission if we can get at least 10 people who are interested and committed. The price for Amnur's head sculpts are $45, no neck and unpainted. We've got 10 people, but please, keep 'em coming. The more the better! :yess:

Here are the pictures I was thinking of using for reference, but please post more and we can discuss it.

I haven't talked Amnur about doing an Evil Ryu head sculpt, but with more interest comes more possibilities.

Edit: Amnur has agreed to do a second Ryu head sculpt if ten people are interested. I was thinking of Evil Ryu since the results are not always good on open mouthed heads. Let me know what you guys are thinking and we'll go from there. If we do a second head it will be in the same style as the first head.

Here are links to two of Amnur's most recent sculpt projects:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104874
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109070

Interest:

Regular Ryu Head:
1. Science Friction
2. Ryu
3. krec9
4. Charles Hughey
5. TheHeroOfTime
6. TonyMeis
7. Lawrence
8. Levit05
9. natchan
10. twik25
11. Brandoloneous
12. rhaykal
13. Doom Saber
14. aesthetics

Ryu-nice-sketches1.jpg

super_street_fighter_ii_x_art_ryu_1.jpg

ryu-nxc-big.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Ryu from Street Fighter II/III Head Sculpt

Interested for sure.

interested what about the suit?sent you a pm

Yeah, I'd be interested. What the heck

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Sounds awsome, put me down for one!

whats the point of having ryu made without ken:idea

whats the point of having ryu made without ken:idea

I got your pm, I haven't a chance to respond since I'm working. I'll have to find a solution for Ken, but I'm committed to getting him made at some point, even if I have to sculpt the hair myself. I'd like to see the most iconic characters of Street Fighter made, even if it's from multiple sources. As long as they fit together stylistically.

I'll update the list. TonyMeis, if you want to do a new run on a Ryu suit once we have a confirmation of this going forward that would be amazing. We can talk if you like.

Not interested but Amnur does amazing work. I look forward to seeing the final sculpt. I hope you guys get enough orders. Good luck!

^He sure does great work. :)

Extremely interested! We actually made a Ryu outfit not to long ago

If you're going to be selling his gi, that'll be amazing.

SF_II_Super_Ryu_Ken_2--article_image.jpg

Ryu_Street_Fighter_2___by_braders1986.jpg

Always loved Ryu's look from that second pic from the SS2T opening vid:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO4bPpYCQoc&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

Awesome, I can't wait to see what you come up with Tony.

Yeah, that's the look I'm shooting for more so than the modern Ryu. I just think it's classic Ryu, and sets him apart more as a character. The modern version is like a mini Hulk imo.

Of course I'd have to see how it turns out, but I'm interested. Put me on the list please :D

Awesome, I can't wait to see what you come up with Tony.

Yeah, that's the look I'm shooting for more so than the modern Ryu. I just think it's classic Ryu, and sets him apart more as a character. The modern version is like a mini Hulk imo.

His face looks like a caveman in SFIV to me. I know Ryu has never looked Japanese (maybe half in SF3), but giving him blue eyes in SFIV was just silly.

what about gloves for ryu ?

Awesome, will do Lawrence, thanks!

Nice krec! I love that sprite of Ryu. To me Ryu has brown hair, that's just his classic look. The short, spiky black haired look he has now isn't Ryu to me. Yeah, he has been given a more caveman like appearance in some of the more recent games, which is lame. I agree about the blue eyes, though I profess I don't know why they did that or if it was a good reason, I didn't like it.

Hmmm, gloves, good point I hadn't thought about that. I figure Ryu would be a good character to tackle b/c if worse comes to worse, he's a guy in a white Gi. At worst you could probably use SSC Storm Shadow's outfit as a starting point. If anyone is interested in doing gloves or knows something that will work let us know. While we're thinking about it, what style of his gloves do people prefer? Red, just the pads and wrist band, or with the finger-less gloves? I'm thinking just the classic red pads and wrist bands. I'll look around.

Last edited:

i'm interested but i don't know if i can fully commit until i see the final product...so for now put me down...:)

Back