1/6 Ryu from Street Fighter II/III Head Sculpt CANCELLED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Ryu from Street Fighter II/III Head Sculpt

Okay, quick question guys. If we can get ten more interested people interested we can get another Ryu head sculpt. I was thinking Evil Ryu rather than a screaming Ryu head. Amnur said the results of the opened mouth heads usually aren't as good, but he would try if there was interest. Personally I'd like the Evil Ryu head. What do you guys want more, if either?

Awesome, I'll put you down, and that brings us to ten! :yess:

Those figures are awesome! They look spot on to MK1, the ice and fire stands are crazy. How did you make those? I love the work on the other "Ryu", really great color work. I love the arm bands on all the figures as well.

Thanks! The stands took about 2 hours a piece including sculpting, prepping, and painting. Not too bad really. They are made from Balsa Foam, and the stuff is AMAZING!

Thanks! The stands took about 2 hours a piece including sculpting, prepping, and painting. Not too bad really. They are made from Balsa Foam, and the stuff is AMAZING!

Nice, I'll have to check that stuff out, sounds awesome. They really make the figures stand out, no pun intended. I love when people get creative with their displays, very cool. I'd like to do something like that with Ryu and Ken whenever I get to that point.

Okay, quick question guys. If we can get ten more interested people interested we can get another Ryu head sculpt. I was thinking Evil Ryu rather than a screaming Ryu head. Amnur said the results of the opened mouth heads usually aren't as good, but he would try if there was interest. Personally I'd like the Evil Ryu head. What do you guys want more, if either?

I say ryu then ken if its possible imo.

I say ryu then ken if its possible imo.

So you're saying you'd rather wait on a second Ryu head then? I'll talk to Amnur and see what he says about Ken. I'll probably hold off starting an interest thread until he's ready.

So you're saying you'd rather wait on a second Ryu head then? I'll talk to Amnur and see what he says about Ken. I'll probably hold off starting an interest thread until he's ready.

Just my opinion though if you want evil ryu see if you can get enough interest this is your project.

Just my opinion though if you want evil ryu see if you can get enough interest this is your project.

I'm open to any ideas, I don't think of it so much as my project as "our" project. That's why we're all invested in it, right? :)

I'll see how things go and talk with Amnur.

Just making sure everyone is still interested at this point. Amnur said he will start Ryu after he finishes MGS2 Solid Snake so it will be awhile longer but please stick with us as it will be awesome!

Well 'Kids Logic' has teased SF figures now. I'm not the biggest fan of the 'Kids Logic' sculpt, so I'm still interested in this.

Well 'Kids Logic' has teased SF figures now. I'm not the biggest fan of the 'Kids Logic' sculpt, so I'm still interested in this.

Yeah, that's why I wanted to confirm if people were still on board. I agree, I'm not a fan of what I saw from Kids Logic.

I'll be on board if the size is right. Either evil or holy Ryu is fine with me.

I think with Amnur's recent results with resin on MGS1 Solid Snake, he could make multiple size head casts (full size and 15% smaller). Though I haven't talked to him about it, so I'll ask him once we're at a point with the sculpt where that is up for consideration.

Do you want me to put you on both lists then? It doesn't look like is much interest for Evil Ryu at this point. I think maybe once Amnur has started on Ryu and posted some WIP interest in EVil Ryu might increase. Personally I think if we don't get to Ken for awhile, a Ryu and Evil Ryu display would be pretty awesome.

Just looking loving the balsa foam stands might have to use that idea;)

Please put me down as definitely interested in the Ryu headsculpt pending final sculpt

I know we're still a ways out for this, but don't worry, it's still happening.

I'm always looking for good pictures of Ryu, I think his appearance in Namco x Capcom is really great, so if anyone isn't familiar with that look check it out and let me know what you guys think.

I know we're still a ways out for this, but don't worry, it's still happening.

I'm always looking for good pictures of Ryu, I think his appearance in Namco x Capcom is really great, so if anyone isn't familiar with that look check it out and let me know what you guys think.

This is still happening ? Any word on ken ?

This is still happening ? Any word on ken ?

Yup. I talked with Amnur recently and after he finishes up his current stuff he's going to start on Ryu. I'm not sure on Ken yet. I think the recent experiments with the different resins were mixed, but I'm not ruling him out. I think Ken depends on lot on how Ryu turns out.

Back