1/6 Ryu from Street Fighter II/III Head Sculpt CANCELLED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Ryu from Street Fighter II/III Head Sculpt

i'm interested but i don't know if i can fully commit until i see the final product...so for now put me down...:)

Sounds good. I'm sure Amnur will deliver something spectacular. Amnur said if we get enough people he'll start on Ryu after he finishes MGS2 Solid Snake. Just two more. :D

I've talked with Amnur about doing Ken as well, which may or may not be possible. He's looking into things, don't get your hopes up yet, but it's really great of him to consider it.

Last edited:

Only need two more hopefully we get ken if not no biggie sure someone make one.

Yeah, I agree. It would be great to get Amnur to work on it, I don't think I've seen anyone capture the look of 2D in 3D quite like he does.

OT, but I keep looking at your sig krec9 and thinking how cool some well sculpted Batman TAS figures would be. Awesome sig.

Awesome, will do Lawrence, thanks!
:hi5:

One thing this sculpt should have, are eyebrows over the headband. Doesn't make sense, but that's the way it is in a whole bunch on Ryu pics. That would be pretty cool. Of course it isn't my project, but I thought I'd chime in :D

:hi5:

One thing this sculpt should have, are eyebrows over the headband. Doesn't make sense, but that's the way it is in a whole bunch on Ryu pics. That would be pretty cool. Of course it isn't my project, but I thought I'd chime in :D

I know what you mean. I'll look over pictures and talk with Amnur once the project gets underway. What I'd like to see is the ends of the eyebrows barely go over head band probably. Like it is the in the pictures I posted. It all depends on how it looks on the sculpt, but it's definitely on my mind! :)

yes, feel interested!!!!!

Awesome, I'll add you. Thanks!

Yeah, I agree. It would be great to get Amnur to work on it, I don't think I've seen anyone capture the look of 2D in 3D quite like he does.

OT, but I keep looking at your sig krec9 and thinking how cool some well sculpted Batman TAS figures would be. Awesome sig.

i thought about getting that project started long ago but the outfits are the problem .

i thought about getting that project started long ago but the outfits are the problem .

True, the outfits would be a challenge. Maybe with the upcoming SSC 1/6 DC figures, and better tailoring in other lines we might be able to eventually get most of what we need. At least for Joker or Two Face. Unless you want cartoon accurate proportions, then that would be tough to find. Hmmm.. that's a tough egg to crack without a good tailor willing to take on the project, especially for an affordable price.

True, the outfits would be a challenge. Maybe with the upcoming SSC 1/6 DC figures, and better tailoring in other lines we might be able to eventually get most of what we need. At least for Joker or Two Face. Unless you want cartoon accurate proportions, then that would be tough to find. Hmmm.. that's a tough egg to crack without a good tailor willing to take on the project, especially for an affordable price.

Exactly no point in making them if they don't look like btas.

Amnur's renditions and takes are awesome. :]
SF is not fitting in my collection. but i'd love to see what you guys can come up with him. specially with medicom's eyecandy, chun li. :]

i think the outfit is less of a trouble with ryu, when you have storm shadow and white ninja outfits and other generic gi in the market to mod and fit. the big challenge would be the hands. i dont know any figure with those type of boxing gloves, you may need them sculpted. hadouken hands at least.

*currently fiddling some spare body for a hadouken pose if its possible.lolz

Exactly no point in making them if they don't look like btas.

Hmm, it's a great idea. I'd be interested in finding a way to make it happen. That's something to keep on the back burner and keep an eye out for opportunities. That would be the coolest set of Batman figures. :hi5:

Amnur's renditions and takes are awesome. :]
SF is not fitting in my collection. but i'd love to see what you guys can come up with him. specially with medicom's eyecandy, chun li. :]

i think the outfit is less of a trouble with ryu, when you have storm shadow and white ninja outfits and other generic gi in the market to mod and fit. the big challenge would be the hands. i dont know any figure with those type of boxing gloves, you may need them sculpted. hadouken hands at least.

*currently fiddling some spare body for a hadouken pose if its possible.lolz

I'd love to make multiple 1/6 SF figures, but just like any custom, outfits eventually pose problems. I wonder if Medicom's Goku hands would be in scale enough to use.. probably not. That's definitely another thing to look into, I was thinking about the hadouken a bit but not indepth. At this point I'm happy just to get a 1/6 Ryu on my shelf. I chose Ryu b/c he's one of my favorite characters, and like you said, I figure the Gi wouldn't be very difficult to obtain (at least something close enough).

I'm getting some new clay in the mail soon, I suppose I can give sculpting the glove a try. What would be better, sculpted gloves with elastic bands so you can put them on different hands, with a separate sculpted wrist band; gloves sculpted to hands, or tailored gloves?

There are a lot of video game characters I love, but SF is one that I really love. Along with MGS, Final Fantasy, Megaman, Zelda, and many others. In fact.. I have an itching for a Ocarina of Time Link figure in 1/6, haha. There are so many cool projects to tackle.

What kind of timing are we looking at? Depend on what style of gloves we are thinking about, I may be able to figure out the gloves. I figured out how to do the MK wrist guards and Bane's wrist thingy... so I have a few ideas how to tackle this.

The outfit for this is really pretty simple. The hardest part will be the frayed edges to look right. What body are most people thinking?

It'll probably be awhile, not sure how long, but not for awhile. Amnur still has to finished Murdoc from Gorillaz & MGS2 Solid Snake. Plus we still need a couple more people who are interested to get going. The headband will be sculpted so no worries there. Unless you mean the ends, yeah.. I'm not sure what we'll do. It's not a big deal at this point, just like with MGS1 Solid Snake it's something I'm going to worry about later.

What kind of timing are we looking at? Depend on what style of gloves we are thinking about, I may be able to figure out the gloves. I figured out how to do the MK wrist guards and Bane's wrist thingy... so I have a few ideas how to tackle this.

The outfit for this is really pretty simple. The hardest part will be the frayed edges to look right. What body are most people thinking?

Having a hard time finding the outfit what is everyone thinking of doing .

Having a hard time finding the outfit what is everyone thinking of doing .

I am just going to make mine... I already have the templates from the Raiden figures I made for myself and Buttmunch

I would maybe think about making some for others... But I am currently working on some customs for myself right now, so they are taking up my time.

twik25, did you want to get on the list, or just wait and see how things go? Do you have some pictures of your MK stuff? That sounds pretty cool.

twik25, did you want to get on the list, or just wait and see how things go? Do you have some pictures of your MK stuff? That sounds pretty cool.

Yeah, I am in. My other video game Ryu could use a buddy!
Final_complete.jpg

As far as the MK goodies:
MK_lineup.jpg

MK_bases.jpg

Awesome, I'll put you down, and that brings us to ten! :yess:

Those figures are awesome! They look spot on to MK1, the ice and fire stands are crazy. How did you make those? I love the work on the other "Ryu", really great color work. I love the arm bands on all the figures as well.

Back