1/6 Ryu from Street Fighter II/III Head Sculpt CANCELLED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Ryu from Street Fighter II/III Head Sculpt

I am in as long as it looks Akiman's Ryu from the SSF2 - SSF2T/X line (like the sketch in the OP comment) or from the animated movie (the animated movie Ryu looks like it was based on the SSF2 look.)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCZTq7u3vH4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCZTq7u3vH4[/ame]

Last edited:

It'll be more realistic than anime, but that's the main look I'm going for. Amnur is great at capturing the spirit of the character in his sculpts. I still think that's a bad ass movie as well.

It'll be more realistic than anime, but that's the main look I'm going for. Amnur is great at capturing the spirit of the character in his sculpts. I still think that's a bad ass movie as well.

I guess I have to wait and see since I don't want to end up with a realistic white-looking Ryu like the SOTA SF figures.

I guess I have to wait and see since I don't want to end up with a realistic white-looking Ryu like the SOTA SF figures.

No problem! It won't be anything like that. Realistic doesn't have to mean that. I think that's more the modern style of Ryu then anything else. Classic Ryu is the best. :yess:

No problem! It won't be anything like that. Realistic doesn't have to mean that. I think that's more the modern style of Ryu then anything else. Classic Ryu is the best. :yess:

Oh, okay. As long as the essences of Akiman's SF II Ryu (not SFIV) is in the sculpt, then I am in. I want a Ryu with bangs and a narrow face, not the SFIV look or the SOTA SF look. I hate how Jerry and SOTA do Ryu.
SFIIRyu.png

SFIIRyuArt.png

StreetFighterIIRyu.png

HyperRyu.png

CapSNKRyu.png

Yeah, I know the last image contradicts what I had said earlier, but I realized it captures Ryu better than the SOTA figures despite that Capcom vs SNK Ryu looks white.

That's certainly along the lines of what I'm thinking, just more refined. Especially concerning the hair and face shape. That's why I'm commissioning him to do SF II/III Ryu and not modern Ryu. I can't stand how something Ryu is depicted as cave man like at times, it's very weird. Keep posting pictures and your thoughts, that will only help give Amnur better idea of how to approach the sculpt.

i'd love to see some sort of start on this project...just to see how its taking shape...:)

i'd love to see some sort of start on this project...just to see how its taking shape...:)

Sorry man, I know wait is frustrating. Amnur had to redo his MGS1 Solid Snake head sculpt b/c the resin warped in shipping, and he's working on a couple of personal projects. He said when he's finished with that stuff, and MGS2 Solid Snake, he'll start on Ryu. Don't forget he's also working on Murdoc from Gorillaz (which has a GREAT WIP). I know trust is a popular commodity on the internet, but trust me, Amnur will not disappoint once he has the time to get going. :)

Just keep looking for more pictures you guys like, and letting people know about the project. The more interest the better, especially if we want to see more SF sculpts. :duff

Okay, I checked with Amnur and he said as long as ten people are still interested he will start on Ryu after he finishes MG2 Solid Snake.

So, if anyone isn't interested still let me know, otherwise were still good.

I think it's safe to say that I'm still interested. ;)

i'd be interested if somebody is interested in painting it for me ;)

I think it's safe to say that I'm still interested. ;)

:hi5:

i'd be interested if somebody is interested in painting it for me ;)

You'd have to contact Amnur personally about any paint work. That aside, his stuff is generally unpainted so you'd have to find someone to paint for you. Sorry.

Any chance this will be avavilable without the headband or is the hair going to be sculpted to the forehead/band?

Any chance this will be avavilable without the headband or is the hair going to be sculpted to the forehead/band?

The thought never crossed my mind, sorry. I know a lot of people like having options and everything, but as you can see there isn't enough interest for more than one Ryu sculpt. Ryu, like Solid Snake, practically always has a bandanna on. Pretty much all of the source material is that way as well. The one thing to consider is that Amnur is only sculpting the "headband" part and not the flowing part b/c of the trouble in casting thin pieces with the materials available to him.

Sorry to be a downer like this guys, but we just can't please everyone there just isn't enough interest and resources.

I am in for a Ryu sculpt!!! Please add me to the list! :D

Back