Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange - [FINISHED HEAD-SCULPT)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: {YUMI KIM} Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange

What the hell are you on about!? Of course they are going it to make money they do this for a profession do you think they are going to do it for free?

It’s not like the redman Rainman recasts all over Ebay. This is an original portrait. Rainman has nothing to do with it.

Who’s saying Rainmans offerings are not great? Well... Sorry to say his Alex isn’t great. But for example if you ask me yumis sculpt is not as good as Rainmans when it comes to Daniel plainview for example

Also by the way baloonman did Anton not yumi.

And what about the countless jokers or Indiana Jones everyone does? People are not allowed to make new art and people are not allowed to have a variety of a character they like in their collection?

Hell even hot toys redos and reoffers the same characters.
Yumi didn't do a Plainview either that was Mina Yu, and you're wrong Ray. It was way better than RM's version ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange

Update:

This will be a quality head-sculpt, I won’t settle for anything less.

This needs to happen so I’ve been in-touch with a very talented sculptor known for doing Rdeezy’s Travis Bickle and many other offerings of his. He’s going to start next week & casts will cost $85-100 which is very reasonable for the quality of his work.

Thrilled that this is finally happening, way overdue.

Will keep you guys updated.

Last edited:
Re: {YUMI KIM} Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange

Yumi didn't do a Plainview either that was Mina Yu, and you're wrong Ray. It was way better than RM's version ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree, it is a better likeness.

Update:

Spoke to Yumi and with the numbers we’ve got, we’re looking at $280 per cast which I think is slightly too high and I feel many would not be interested.

This needs to happen so I’ve been in-touch with a very talented sculptor known for doing Rdeezy’s Travis Bickle and many other offerings of his. He’s going to start next week & casts will cost $85-100 which is very reasonable for the quality of his work.

Thrilled that this is finally happening, way overdue.

Will keep you guys updated.

So Yumi will not sculpt it?! You may want to update the title. Are we sure ballonman won’t offer it though?

So Yumi will not sculpt it?! You may want to update the title. Are we sure ballonman won’t offer it though?

Unfortunately not, I feel interest will drop with the price she quoted meaning this won’t happen.

I spoke to ballonman before creating this thread and he told me there’s no plans to create Alex. I was hoping he was going to be next.

It's a shame that Yumi's price is so high but I really appreciate your efforts Earl to get a quality sculpt done.The irony is I'm sure if Yumi presented an Alex sculpt on the interest board it would be so amazing that plenty of people would be prepared to pay for one. I recall Balloonman's Jack Torrance sculpt suddenly appearing and the interest was tremendous mainly owing to what a remarkable work of art his Torrance sculpt was.

Just to clarify I mean if Yumi were to lower the price a little there would be enough interest based on her skill to guarantee a successful sales run on her Alex sculpt. I'm sure the new artist will do Alex justice though and I'm excited to see the result : )

It's a shame that Yumi's price is so high but I really appreciate your efforts Earl to get a quality sculpt done.The irony is I'm sure if Yumi presented an Alex sculpt on the interest board it would be so amazing that plenty of people would be prepared to pay for one. I recall Balloonman's Jack Torrance sculpt suddenly appearing and the interest was tremendous mainly owing to what a remarkable work of art his Torrance sculpt was.

Thanks Chris, I think if it was painted then $280 would be very reasonable similar to the YhHa Torrance release.

Personally I’m ok with that price but I know many would be put off meaning this won’t get made.

Any idea how much the IRIS clothing set will be yet? So happy this project is happening! Long overdue!

Agree! The previous release was $220 plus shipping so would probably be the same.

Last edited:

What about asking Jnix. He also provides them painted. And puts out incredible head sculpts. Just a thought.

What about asking Jnix. He also provides them painted. And puts out incredible head sculpts. Just a thought.

Hi
I asked Jnix some time ago & he told me he’s too busy.

I’m in. Can’t wait.

Agree! The previous release was $220 plus shipping so would probably be the same.[/QUOTE]

Hmm not a bad price. I'll have a think about it over the next few days and get back to you before i think about committing to having my name on the list to avoid confusion. I was thinking about getting the medicom clothes but because the IRIS set is so cheap I'm second guessing.

Back