Batman v Superman Kryptonite Spear 1/6 *UPDATE 9/14 Second Run Open*

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman Kryptonite Spear 1/6

Interested list is updated with everyone on it currently. I am going to start prototyping and I hope to have something shown soon to at least get the ball rolling. Like I said the figure itself isn't out for awhile but I should still be able to start with the prototyping without it.

Interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking into supplies and starting to prototype tomorrow! I found some great, detailed images of the spear to work from and I look forward to showing you guys some progress. I don't anticipate having a ton to show tomorrow but I'm happy about getting started:panic:

Interested, must have!

interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

List is updated! I started working on a prototype a couple nights ago. Early stages but so far things are looking good. There is WAY more detail to this spear than I realized, but owell. It's been fun so far.

I also found some much more detailed images of the spear to work from. What I am currently doing is making a prototype of the various parts of the handles that I can then cast repeatedly.

Hey, guys, just a little update... started 3D modeling the various parts of the spear. I have a test print coming this week of the hilt of the spear up towards where the Kryptonite is attached. Can't wait to see how it looks and then start making refinements!

Proportions are definitely off but this was much more proof of concept than anything else. I just wanted to see what sort of model I could whip up rather quickly. From here I can get proportions down much better, check what sort of detailing I'll get, and then begin more of a final modeling for each part. The Kryptonite itself will still most likely be hand sculpted. Hope this gives everyone a little something more to continue to gauging interest from!

Last edited:

Hey, guys, just a little update... started 3D modeling the various parts of the spear. I have a test print coming this week of the hilt of the spear up towards where the Kryptonite is attached. Can't wait to see how it looks and then start making refinements!

Proportions are definitely off but this was much more proof of concept than anything else. I just wanted to see what sort of model I could whip up rather quickly. From here I can get proportions down much better, check what sort of detailing I'll get, and then begin more of a final modeling for each part. The Kryptonite itself will still most likely be hand sculpted. Hope this gives everyone a little something more to continue to gauging interest from!

Good stuff man

Just wanted to provide a quick update... working hard on modeling the various parts needed to make this spear look awesome. I have made significant revisions to the first model I did (in fact I essentially rebuilt the entire thing) with better proportions and including all details. It's very exciting and I think this will turn out great. I am just finishing up modeling the hilt and I will be moving down the spear to model the next portion soon.

I will post a few images of the model soon but I am at work right now so I cannot yet do so. I'm anxious to get everything modeled so I can have a real life prototype to show, but that is likely several weeks into the future at least. It's still a little weird modelling an accessory for a figure that is not yet released, but I think it will be great when they can be used together!

Ok updated pics! So I completed a full mock up of the spear's main body from top to bottom. Only thing not included is the Kryptonite itself which, as I said before, may just be hand sculpted and cast. I will now go in and add in all details to the spear... rivets,/ indentations, etc. It will look great! Only thing I'm not 100% on at this point is the scale, but I have it as approximately 5 feet tall, or around 10 inches in 1/6 scale, based off still images I could find online.

Ok updated pics! So I completed a full mock up of the spear's main body from top to bottom. Only thing not included is the Kryptonite itself which, as I said before, may just be hand sculpted and cast. I will now go in and add in all details to the spear... rivets,/ indentations, etc. It will look great! Only thing I'm not 100% on at this point is the scale, but I have it as approximately 5 feet tall, or around 10 inches in 1/6 scale, based off still images I could find online.

Hi Doc,

So far do you think you can make it glow?

Hi Doc,

So far do you think you can make it glow?
Still possible but not sure. The issue is the spear is so thin there is nowhere great for a battery. This means there might possibly have to be external electronics, which I don't really want. Once I have the spear fully modeled then I can start seeing how electronics may or may not work.

If it's overly complicated or compromises the look and ability to pose the spear with the figures then I'm not thinking it will be worth it. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back