Batman v Superman Kryptonite Spear 1/6 *UPDATE 9/14 Second Run Open*

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman Kryptonite Spear 1/6 **UPDATE 6/16 NEW INFO/COST ESTIMATE**

i hope to see the pictures soon :)

Re: Batman v Superman Kryptonite Spear 1/6 **UPDATE 6/16 NEW INFO/COST ESTIMATE**

In this till the end dog, Excellent creation!

i hope to see the pictures soon :)

In this till the end dog, Excellent creation!

Thanks, guys! Hoping to have a few pictures up before the weekend is out. I should have the main spear body in today, and I sculpted a portion of the spear tip holding mechanism last night. I don't think I'll have anything fully painted to show off quite yet, as I have a stupidly busy day today and tomorrow, but I am excited to show you guys the sculpt/model in general.

I am just getting off work now and heading home... keep your eyes peeled for updates:panic:

Still interested:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a quick update, guys... Sorry to disappoint, but my delivery of my prototype pieces has been frustratingly delayed. They were supposed to be her yesterday, then delivery was updated to today, but I have yet to receive anything. Looks like I won't get anything in until tomorrow. Apologies, but I'll get pics up the moment I have my stuff in hand. Thanks for bearing with me everyone!

we will wait ;)

Alright, guys, early proto updates! The details came out GREAT. Only issue I have is I think it's too small. Unfortunately, without more reference images, I wasn't sure of exact dimensions. The good news is I can just scale it up, which I'll likely do. I figure the spear should be about 5.5 feet tall in real life, so it needs to be a good inch taller, I think.

Let me know what you think of the scale, and I hope everyone is happy with this update. I'll scale it up and get another proto made. In the meantime I think I'll paint this up to get an idea of what it might look like.

I'm also in the process of getting my resin in for the spear tip so I should have something translucent and green with another update.

c1ddc5ff174be7caf9328c7dad3ce967.jpg
ed1d67740635730520c72b6f11da558a.jpg
adbb08fa1083e3e9e902ee57df78e9c2.jpg
8df0b620965c05da9e9592ef8efdf12a.jpg
9c460a69c4ab72e7e0af0af20cbb381b.jpg
b8ce657401f38b500af9163588b65d38.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Looks nice but yeah needs to be bigger. Maybe more than an inch?

Looks great mate :clap

But yeah i think its a little bit to small indeed , it need a little bit bigger

Looks nice but yeah needs to be bigger. Maybe more than an inch?

Looks great mate :clap

But yeah i think its a little bit to small indeed , it need a little bit bigger

Thanks, guys! I am stoked about the details and the design, but it is hilariously too small:rotfl! I agree with you, Entropy, I think it needs to be almost TWO inches taller. I have scaled it up to be about 20cm tall which is around 8 inches, so with the spear tip it should reach to just above shoulder height, I believe.

Anyone have any input from the film? I don't recall the spear being AS TALL as Batman or Superman, but it was pretty big overall. I have searched and scoured for exact dimensions but I can find NOTHING.

Re: Batman v Superman Kryptonite Spear 1/6 **UPDATE 6/21 FIRST PROTO PICS**

Alright, everyone, exciting stuff! Next prototype of a more appropriate size is on its way and should be here next week. In the meantime I have secured some great resin for the spear tip and I'll be molding a tip up here soon. Unfortunately no pictures to show but moving right along. Thanks!

Not sure if this helps but here's a pic of the 1:12 Mezco Armored Batman with spear.

2702.Jpg

and a shot of their spear broken down

one-12-collective-kryptonite-spear-3d-art.jpg

Not sure if this helps but here's a pic of the 1:12 Mezco Armored Batman with spear.

2702.Jpg

and a shot of their spear broken down

one-12-collective-kryptonite-spear-3d-art.jpg

Thanks! I've used these broken down spear as a reference already. The one with batman is nice because it gives a decent size perspective. Looks to me like the spear is nearly as tall as batman, which is what I've scaled it up to, so that's nice.

Here are some poor screen shots for sizing. I'd err on the side of too large than too small.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

do you have paint the first one or not?

do you have paint the first one or not?

Did a quick paint job tonight to give you guys an idea of what things will be looking like.

Coming along nicely!, surprised about the lack of reference shots of the movie spear, nothing really floating around.

looks nice mate

Coming along nicely!, surprised about the lack of reference shots of the movie spear, nothing really floating around.

looks nice mate

Thanks, guys! Yeah, I am surprised at the lack of images as well. It was the hardest thing about starting this project, having very few references to work from. But I got enough good images to turn out a product that I think is very accurate, and I am loving it. I hope you guys are all satisfied to this point.

My new, properly sized prototype should be in next week barring another shipping fiasco, which will allow me to finalize costs and price, and we can get these things going! I also have my resin coming in today so while I await the spear shaft I can start working on a mold for spear tips.

Back