Batman v Superman Kryptonite Spear 1/6 *UPDATE 9/14 Second Run Open*

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman Kryptonite Spear 1/6 **UPDATE 6/21 FIRST PROTO PICS**

I haven't really compared, are there any details or sizing/spacing/thickness between sections on that Mezco spear model you can incorporate to improve this model?

I haven't really compared, are there any details or sizing/spacing/thickness between sections on that Mezco spear model you can incorporate to improve this model?

Nope! I found that Mezco image awhile ago and used it to ensure a lot of my details, so there shouldn't be anything to add. I actually made some changes to my original model based off the Mezco spear model. However if you try and zoom in on the 3D Mezco model the image gets super blurry. For the really intricate details I referred to the images of the spear from the WB BvS tour (those are the images with the spear inside of a glass case) and then cross referenced the different images I had together to make it jive.

I made sure to count so I had the correct number of bolts, panels, spacing, etc., as I could. It may not be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT accurate but it is as close as I think I'll ever get.

I'll try and get a few comparison shots of my spear with the real one at similar angles to show all the details I included.

Cool. Just checking, look forward to seeing the new sizing. :duff

me 2 for sure

Nope! I found that Mezco image awhile ago and used it to ensure a lot of my details, so there shouldn't be anything to add. I actually made some changes to my original model based off the Mezco spear model. However if you try and zoom in on the 3D Mezco model the image gets super blurry. For the really intricate details I referred to the images of the spear from the WB BvS tour (those are the images with the spear inside of a glass case) and then cross referenced the different images I had together to make it jive.

I made sure to count so I had the correct number of bolts, panels, spacing, etc., as I could. It may not be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT accurate but it is as close as I think I'll ever get.

I'll try and get a few comparison shots of my spear with the real one at similar angles to show all the details I included.

Looking forward to this!!

any update?

any update?

Sorry, nothing exciting right now. Just awaiting my second prototype. I was going to get a spear tip made but I realized it would be a bad idea to do so without the spear itself to get proportions and sizing correct. I will update the moment I have new parts in hand, which may be the end of this week, and early next week at the latest.

Great news, guys! Prototype #2 is on it's way and, barring a silly delivery issue again, should easily be here by week's end. I will be sure to post updated pics as soon as I can. This also means I will likely be trying to cast a spear head this week if I have time, that way I can give everyone a great idea of the near-final product. STOKED:yess:

hope to see it soon :)

hope to see it soon :)

Prototype was delivered today! And on top of that Supes arrived yesterday! I work later today but I will try to get a few pics up tonight. They'll probably be pretty basic depending on how much time I have, and there won't really be any paint yet, but I will get something up to thow you guys.

Huuuuuge photo dump. Let me know what you think! The spear tip is a placeholder, as I need to refine the shape and size. I will try and get this painted up soon but this is pretty much final product size. Looks awesome, I think!

cb01fe239188470ce0c87292d22e17ad.jpg
a4d05b0b1f134b3796af50a54508ba53.jpg
b3d75d93cf0e426bc97bf755437e7cc5.jpg
7ac8e279787d80891599b7b1228266e6.jpg
90abf60ccce0bc042266ecba59e4d61f.jpg
76ebbde30e6750e4324803f712ac1591.jpg
323f15af644cb7f6dfeaa54ae73ab48c.jpg
3a7bd427cefaf34372d1d7c75cce336a.jpg
c4fbff504ca655ae8c222a0aff885a89.jpg
ade02834f757b5c2df0878924ec39154.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

e0ebfe254d093387ab62b4e6ade6124a.jpg
cef11f3a3974fd23d07d30f5aeccf90a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Re: Batman v Superman Kryptonite Spear 1/6 **UPDATE 6/30 SECOND PROTO PICS**

Sizing looks good. Thanks for the pics.

looks great!

Awesome! Can't wait to see it painted!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sizing looks good. Thanks for the pics.

looks great!

Awesome! Can't wait to see it painted!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys. I am going to try my hardest to get it painted this weekend and maybe even get a spear tip cast, but it is the 4th of July weekend, of course, and I have a lot of plans. Don't worry, though, updates won't take too long!

That looks great!

yeah it looks awesome

Back