Bram Stoker's Dracula Bleeding Cross, handheld cross: ALL ITEMS SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bram Stoker's Dracula Bleeding Cross, opening scene handheld cross

And wow, thanks for the cross images. That gives me a great design to work off of, and they are very similar to the cross pictures IKE sent me. How does everyone feel about the jewel in the middle? The pictures IKE sent me had a crucified Jesus in the middle. The jewel would be much easier to do and likely look better.

I'd personally prefer the jewel because it's more in keeping with that Gothic style cross. They tended to have that design, not Jesus.

I'd personally prefer the jewel because it's more in keeping with that Gothic style cross. They tended to have that design, not Jesus.

Good enough for me. It will be easy to design a small spot for the jewel to sit into nicely. I also sourced some really nice, VERY small gold chain to feed through the ring on the top. Any other opinionts let me know!

For scale reference, the cross is sized at 14 inches real life, scaled down to 1/6 of course.

For ref: Gothic was around 12th - 16th century. Wikipedia tells me Vlad the impaler was mid 1400. So, they would be more in keeping. Google "Silver Gothic Cross" for modern interpretations.

Not sure about gold - silver would be more in keeping too - but I'm personally not against gold if everyone else is fine.

You're doing a fantastic job! So glad I spotted this thread :duff

For ref: Gothic was around 12th - 16th century. Wikipedia tells me Vlad the impaler was mid 1400. So, they would be more in keeping. Google "Silver Gothic Cross" for modern interpretations.

Not sure about gold - silver would be more in keeping too - but I'm personally not against gold if everyone else is fine.

You're doing a fantastic job! So glad I spotted this thread :duff

Thanks for the information:duff. I get the silver thing but, in these screenshots, I feel like it is pretty clearly a gold color. I know the overall color palette of the scene if very skewed, but I still see gold and not silver.

zKPiwSE.png

QgdIABP.png

Hey, I'm just glad someone is making both crosses. Haven't been this excited for items to be added to my display in a long time :clap

Hey, I'm just glad someone is making both crosses. Haven't been this excited for items to be added to my display in a long time :clap

Wow, that's great to hear, thanks! As I mentioned before I was considering gold leafing the smaller cross so they look like authentic metal. If so I could always leaf yours in silver. We'll see once I have the crosses in hand!

Wow, that's great to hear, thanks! As I mentioned before I was considering gold leafing the smaller cross so they look like authentic metal. If so I could always leaf yours in silver. We'll see once I have the crosses in hand!

Looking at the Blu-Ray, and taking a quick screenshot, I definitely think you're correct - the one in the movie is gold. Hard to tell with the filters, but gold would look amazing, IMO, anyway. I'd 100% be up for a gold-leafed cross.

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 23.10.13.jpg

Looking at the Blu-Ray, and taking a quick screenshot, I definitely think you're correct - the one in the movie is gold.

I'd 100% be up for a gold one.

View attachment 322627

Is that shot directly from the Blu-ray? It's SO much clearer than anything I could find, haha. Thanks a lot, even little extras like that help so I can be as accurate as possible.

Yes. If there's any part you need especially, I'd be happy to upload them. I''l put them on imgur in full resolution.

-- I'll add links to this post, rather than keep posting --

Dracula Cross - https://imgur.com/bbCwLIr - Can zoom in on imgur too for more resolution

Is this the type of cross IKE-CON had in mind?

View attachment 322628

View attachment 322629

Wow, that blow up on Imgur even shows some details on the back in sort of a relief. Even though I can't make them out specifically it tells me I can put in some detail for an even better look.

And yes, the cross on the right, with the crucified Jesus, is the sort of thing he was sending me.

Wow, that blow up on Imgur even shows some details on the back in sort of a relief. Even though I can't make them out specifically it tells me I can put in some detail for an even better look.

And yes, the cross on the right, with the crucified Jesus, is the sort of thing he was sending me.

I'm happy to go with the general consensus, was just putting in my two cents worth :lol

I've added more pictures to my last post. Yes, that cross must be a casting, no?

I'm happy to go with the general consensus, was just putting in my two cents worth :lol

I've added more pictures to my last post. Yes, that cross must be a casting, no?

To be honest I like the one with the jewel in it better, but I'm curious what others feel. Anyone else please feel free to chime in:wave. I;m doing this for you guys!

Just watched for the 30th time :lol The way he holds it and presses it to his lips/face/beard, I'm pretty sure there's no Jesus. It's flat.

Right, I'll stop interfering with this thread now!

Great job! Can't wait for updates!

Just watched for the 30th time :lol The way he holds it and presses it to his lips/face/beard, I'm pretty sure there's no Jesus. It's flat.

Right, I'll stop interfering with this thread now!

Great job! Can't wait for updates!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I will be casting one cross tonight to make sure I get a clean one and I will be sure to post a picture. I am hoping to get it painted soon as well, and I will also be working on the smaller cross. Keep your eyes peeled, everyone:clap.

Demolded the master tonight. The mold looks great overall. Ran into one hiccup, though...bad resin! Looks like my resin got moisture contamination so I'll be getting more very soon and doing the first casts when I get it.

98a9e3db1e567b618df2b9330b261b1d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got you down.. and sure, unpainted for now, just let me know if you change your mind! I am hoping to have a painted version to show soon so people get a better idea.

And wow, thanks for the cross images. That gives me a great design to work off of, and they are very similar to the cross pictures IKE sent me. How does everyone feel about the jewel in the middle? The pictures IKE sent me had a crucified Jesus in the middle. The jewel would be much easier to do and likely look better.

I think those pinball crosses are close, but more like the one's the holy men are holding in that scene.
I'm pretty sure Vlad's didn't have a jewel in the middle. It may not even of had a Jesus carved into it.
But the one's in the pictures I found, are from the right historical time frame and area. So that's why
I referenced them.

I'd rather have it flat, no jesus, no jewel, but still with some of the design in that
main picture I sent you.

Based on the shape of the back of the cross, this(without the jesus)
would be more likely a realistic front. And all gold would look amazing.

14th%20century%20cross%20details%203%202_zpshfzhcqbv.jpg

Last edited:

I think those pinball crosses are close, but more like the one's the holy men are holding in that scene.
I'm pretty sure Vlad's didn't have a jewel in the middle. It may not even of had a Jesus carved into it.
But the one's in the pictures I found, are from the right historical time frame and area. So that's why
I referenced them.

Yeah I think we have a good bead on the appropriate historical style, as your pictures and the ones from anx10us jive nicely together. I'll keep working on the design and post some updates soon. I'll work on the cross without the jewel or the Jesus, just to have the overall style down...then we can add in the Jesus if we think it'll look better that way.

Thanks for the input, guys.

I referenced them.

I'd rather have it flat, no jesus, no jewel, but still with some of the design in that
main picture I sent you.

Based on the shape of the back of the cross, this(without the jesus)
would be more likely a realistic front. And all gold would look amazing.

14th%20century%20cross%20details%203%202_zpshfzhcqbv.jpg

I agree, that'd look great. In the 3D render I posted I started adding in the design elements as in this picture. I will add all the additions flourishes and I think it'll look amazing if I can gold leaf it properly.

i would like mine unpainted for now....great reference shots guys!!!...can't wait to get this in my Dracula shelf!!!

Back