Accessory [CLOSED] Taxi Driver Boots 2.0 for Travis Bickle by STRIPED BOX

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doppelperson

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
The run is CLOSED.

PRICE:
US$220
clean version
US$235 weathered version (in progress)
(PayPal fee and standard worldwide tracked shipping are included. EMS would cost extra US$30).

IMG_3690.jpgIMG_3717.jpgIMG_3709.jpgIMG_20191115_133927.jpg

Scale: 1/6
Fit: TTM 18-19 bodies
Materials: genuine leather, resin

OPTIONS
Width: wide / narrow
Color: light / medium / dark
Style: clean / weathered
Outsole style: smooth / smooth + logo / pattern + logo

options.jpgподошвы выбор.JPG

IMPORTANT: Choose the width of the boots depending on the pants' width. If your figure wears loose pants it's better to choose wide boots because it's easier to put them on/off. The narrow boots are difficult to put on/off because of a tight fit, keep it in mind when choosing. Check out the second video for the details. If you're not sure what to choose contact me and I'll help.

NARROW VS. WIDE
As an example I use 20mm diameter jeans.
2 pics 2.jpgcomparison.jpg2 horiz.jpg

WEATHERED
More pictures are HERE

IMG_3962.jpg

Details:

Here you can see the difference between wide and narrow boots (including putting them on and off).

Outsole details (pattern + logo version):

INTEREST LIST:
  1. Jack Hankins (fb) Done
  2. zorozo9 (ig) Done
  3. maxxyron (ig) Done
  4. lovedollskma (ig) Done
  5. rfcustomfigures (ig) Done
  6. Matheus_ (osc) Done
  7. cpoll36 (osc) Done
  8. kindofblue (osc) Done
  9. chilipep66 (ig) Done
  10. jeronimo (osc) Done

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

Gathering interest for Taxi Driver Boots 2.0 (improved version).
You can see the prototype below (clean version).

Price: US$220 clean version / US$235 weathered version.
PayPal fee and shipping fee are included.
Colors: light, medium, dark.
Materials: genuine leather, resin.

The boots are hollow inside like real ones, removable, must fit most of 1/6 scale feet (certainly fit TTM18-19).

If you are interested please let me know. Thanks.

View attachment 421684View attachment 421686View attachment 421685View attachment 421687View attachment 421688

Great job

In! Thanks so much for organising this. These boots look amazing!

I was fortunate to own a pair of boots from the first run and the craftsmanship was beautiful. Please could I make a polite request though? I noticed that my pair of boots from the first run were a little difficult to slide into the Yunsil tailored jeans from the Rainman figure.

The boots were quite firm in material and so the jeans stretched tight over them. I have measured the Yunsil jeans and the hem of the trousers/pants is approximately 20mm in diameter. Please could this be accommodated into the design for the new boots? It would be great if they could slide easily into the Yunsil tailored jeans. Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :)

I was fortunate to own a pair of boots from the first run and the craftsmanship was beautiful. Please could I make a polite request though? I noticed that my pair of boots from the first run were a little difficult to slide into the Yunsil tailored jeans from the Rainman figure.

The boots were quite firm in material and so the jeans stretched tight over them. I have measured the Yunsil jeans and the hem of the trousers/pants is approximately 20mm in diameter. Please could this be accommodated into the design for the new boots? It would be great if they could slide easily into the Yunsil tailored jeans. Thank you! :)

Thank you for the important info and suggesting. Boots 2.0 are narrower than 1.0 but now I think it's not enough :unsure: I'll make one more prototype to get best fitting with jeans. Will post update here. Thanks!

Hello everyone. The thread is updated, the preorder is open now. You may join till March 2020.
I made a narrow version of the boots so you can choose what fit your figure best. If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know. :)

Hello everyone. The thread is updated, the preorder is open now. You may join till March 2020.
I made a narrow version of the boots so you can choose what fit your figure best. If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know. :)

Hi! Very beautiful art as always!
By the way , can we see pictures of weathered ver. ?

Hi! Very beautiful art as always!
By the way , can we see pictures of weathered ver. ?
Thank you! It's still in progress. I'm waiting for high detailed 3D-printed outsoles to arrive. When I get them I'll be able to make the weathered prototype. Current prototypes have simple flat outsoles, I don't see much point to make weathering on them.
Hope to make an update on this in the middle of December.

Thank you! It's still in progress. I'm waiting for high detailed 3D-printed outsoles to arrive. When I get them I'll be able to make the weathered prototype. Current prototypes have simple flat outsoles, I don't see much point to make weathering on them.
Hope to make an update on this in the middle of December.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to see pictures of weathered ver.

Hi Tatiana!
I sent deposit before this site was system-down.
Please confirm my payment again, and update list.
Thanks as always and Best.

UPDATE

Hello everyone. The work got slow because of the outsoles. Originally I planned to print them at 3D printing service but it failed, so I decided to buy a resin printer and print outsoles myself. It's a totally new area for me, so since December I've been making tests and learning how to do everything properly. I'm close to success, so I'm asking for some more patience. When I get final prints I'll be able to present weathered versions of the boots and finish December and January pairs. Thanks everyone for waiting.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Hi Tatiana, the boots look fantastic! Just to confirm that I have paid my deposit for one pair, although I am also interested in the possibility of a darker pair later. Please could you update the list for me. Thanks.

UPDATE

Finally got successfully printed outsoles. Printed with HardLight Tough resin. Tests took much time but it's worth it. The outsoles are not brittle, but slightly flexible, can be dropped without breaking. Now I'm up to printing outsoles for all pairs of Taxi Driver boots and presenting the weathered version. It will take a couple of weeks. Thanks everyone for waiting.

IMG_20200214_131659.jpg IMG_20200214_133142.jpg

I got a suggestion to make smooth outsoles since it's more accurate to the movie. I added one more option to preorder info so you can choose. Messages have been sent to everyone who's placed an order, please check, thanks. If anyone has additional suggestions please let me know, I'm open to adjustments.

1118full-taxi-driver-(1976)-screenshot.jpg

Options: smooth / smooth + logo / pattern + logo

подошвы выбор.JPG

Stitches and shape are the same:

подошвы2.JPGподошвы3.JPG

Back