Full figure [CLOSED] TORIBOX Joker 89 Full Outfit + Don Fung "ThreeStep Studio" SCULPT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which option should we go for Balloonman sculpt?

• A. Laughing Sculpt + Sculpted Hat

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • B. Laughing Sculpt w/ Hair

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • C. Cynical Sculpt + Sculpted Hat

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • D. Laughing Sculpt w/ Bald Head and Hair on the side (no extra fees for hat)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking great but head seems bit small.
Jack has big head and thick neck

i agree, proportions look big with a small head

Will take more pictures, maybe I can make the head sit lower to have much bigger neck. I think it looks fine 😀
I certainly appreciate all of your time and effort on this project, but I also feel the need to point out what appears to be an obvious flaw. Since, I’m now in this to the tune of some $1500+, I feel that I’m more than justified in expressing my concerns.

To my eyes, the head does appear to be way too small. If it isn’t possible to address the size if the sculpt, please at the very least address the size of the shirt collar, which should also be way smaller and flatter. To be perfectly clear, the size and bright color of the collar against the stark white of the head almost makes it look like he’s wearing an inner tube at a swimming pool. Denying this doesn’t make it look any better.

I didn’t see these anywhere on the list of final production changes, but they really need to be there. I don’t understand the rush to get all this out the door now when there is still work to be done. Having waited 3+ years already, a few more months is nothing if it means getting this right. Again, focusing on these issues, rather than opening up new sales, seems like it should be the obvious priority.

I also requested additional pictures using the rooted sculpt in hopes that possibly the additional hair might lessen the appearance of the head being too small. This was the more expensive, and in theory, the more premium sculpt, so I’m not sure why it wasn’t pictured with the suit to begin with. Hopefully, we’ll see those very soon.

If all this, as you said, is just a matter of making the head sit lower, then that sounds like you should be able to simply futz this and take another picture. That could be done in all of five minutes or less. If that is all it is, then please just post the adjustments.

Again, I just want to be direct and to the point with my comments here. To me, this is a great deal of money to spend on a figure, so I want to be happy with the results. Thank you for all of your hard work and passion on this - it is greatly appreciated.

Hey @jagzz, really appreciate you taking in all the points I raised above pal, reckon it's going to look real quality with all those updates (y)

would still love to get some daylight photos, seeing the video Nick posted above around the colour of the coat being specifically the colour of the LA Lakers, found it really interesting and to what we've seen so far I wonder if we are a little off. Have put the lightest proto shot we've had so far next to the colour below and I see Nicks point, the lakers purple is a little more light and vibrant.

As said would be good to see more images of your current proto but our we too late for yunsil to address this now?

View attachment 463636View attachment 463635View attachment 463634
It's a proto, so we can address all the feedbacks to Yunsil (THIS IS WHY WE HAVE A PROTO, it's not perfect that's why we will take feedbacks and Yunsil will address that after we lock the production).
The most important parts, the fitting and others seems perfect, only the shirt, the color, and the polkadots material is the one we need to improve the most.
She will work all the improvements on the production stage, but of course I will ask those improvements being address and we will have more updates after we book the production time. Which why we need to pay the balance first.
I already list down all the improvements, and I think she will address that right away after we lock the production time.

Last edited:
I certainly appreciate all of your time and effort on this project, but I also feel the need to point out what appears to be an obvious flaw. Since, I’m now in this to the tune of some $1500+, I feel that I’m more than justified in expressing my concerns.

To my eyes, the head does appear to be way too small. If it isn’t possible to address the size if the sculpt, please at the very least address the size of the shirt collar, which should also be way smaller and flatter. To be perfectly clear, the size and bright color of the collar against the stark white of the head almost makes it look like he’s wearing an inner tube at a swimming pool. Denying this doesn’t make it look any better.

I didn’t see these anywhere on the list of final production changes, but they really need to be there. I don’t understand the rush to get all this out the door now when there is still work to be done. Having waited 3+ years already, a few more months is nothing if it means getting this right. Again, focusing on these issues, rather than opening up new sales, seems like it should be the obvious priority.
I also requested additional pictures using the rooted sculpt in hopes that possibly the additional hair might lessen the appearance of the head being too small. This was the more expensive, and in theory, the more premium sculpt, so I’m not sure why it wasn’t pictured with the suit to begin with. Hopefully, we’ll see those very soon.

If all this, as you said, is just a matter of making the head sit lower, then that sounds like you should be able to simply futz this and take another picture. That could be done in all of five minutes or less. If that is all it is, then please just post the adjustments.

Again, I just want to be direct and to the point with my comments here. To me, this is a great deal of money to spend on a figure, so I want to be happy with the results. Thank you for all of your hard work and passion on this - it is greatly appreciated.
I understand, all the concerns for the outfit will be address once we lock the production time.
Our focus now is to lock that first, and we can list down the improvements part to Yunsil.
The adjustment will be update once we lock the production timeline.

I understand, all the concerns for the outfit will be address once we lock the production time.
Our focus now is to lock that first, and we can list down the improvements part to Yunsil.
The adjustment will be update once we lock the production timeline.
Thanks for the quick response.

I also had significant questions about the sculpt in relation to the suit.

Is the sculpt able to be resized?

I also asked that you post the pictures of the head sitting lower that you said would make it look better.

Thanks, again!

The sculpt will be as it is, I don't think it's possible to upgrade the size and it's already being casted.
The sculpt looks okay on the naked eyes and not small at all.

Jagzz Joker89 9.jpeg

Some comparison with other sculpt.
IMG_0334.jpeg

I think rooted sculpt will help add more volume, and a correct Hat.

Currently I’m using HT Hat.

Looks great!! I agree with the previous gentlemen who stated the swollen collar on the orange shirt is throwing the head size proportion off. If that is fixed with a thinner material i think it will look amazing! (Along with the other tie, button adjustments others noted). Thanks for all your attention to this!

Thanks for replying so quickly 🙏

I’m not planning on being able to use the hat as I’ve got the rooted versions coming. Hopefully, the added hair will help with the look.

I appreciate the comparison pics.

And Nicholson neck is not as thick as we believe.

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 18.37.58.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 19.05.59.png

I think the size is perfect, it just need a better Hat. and yeah if I have time to drimmel the peg to sit more lower that would make better too. I think it's all about angle and perspective.

Looks great!! I agree with the previous gentlemen who stated the swollen collar on the orange shirt is throwing the head size proportion off. If that is fixed with a thinner material i think it will look amazing! (Along with the other tie, button adjustments others noted). Thanks for all your attention to this!
I agree maybe we need to make the collar thinner, I'll also add that to the list of improvements.

Head is clearly small.
I major Art and design, Working as Principal Designer, looking costume and proportion everyday.
please.

its small. and as other guy mentioned, neck collar shouldn't pop over jacket shoulder line.
because its pop out, it makes you confuse headsize. after yunsil fix collar, you will clearly know head is small.

if sculpt size is fixed, then please change body .

i assume you didnt send donfung head to yunsil? if she receive head, she can fix better.
please send me 2 scuplt. I can send one to yunsil

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    834 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Head is clearly small.
I major Art and design, Working as Principal Designer, looking costume and proportion everyday.
please.

its small. and as other guy mentioned, neck collar shouldn't pop over jacket shoulder line.
because its pop out, it makes you confuse headsize. after yunsil fix collar, you will clearly know head is small.

i assume you didnt send donfung head to yunsil? if she receive head, she can fix better.
Sculpt looks fine to me, I also compared to other sculpt I have the size is relatively the same, if it's a tad bigger probably it going to be better of course. But the sculpt already fixed and casted, nothing we can do about that.

I will send the proto and the sculpt to Yunsil myself, thanks for the offer.

The sculpt is finished way after the proto is done from Yunsil, so yeah I haven't send her the sculpt.

Let me check the possibility on changing the body, maybe that's something we can do. Will send her multiple body to use.

Head is clearly small.
please.

Excellent post - thank you. It is good to see someone able to quantify the head size, rather than just "eyeball" it.

Hopefully, this will all get sorted out.

Whatever body she was using here she managed to tuck in the shirt collar a little better:

305138-3053A012-C334-486D-9513-1E19EB80A22F.jpeg
308339-WhatsApp-Image-2023-05-30-at-19.17.15.jpeg

Appreciate all your replies Jagzz, did you happen to ask yunsil about the french cuffs also? can we add this to the improvement list please.

I know you said it would be addressed, but just to stress it even more, the collar really needs to be thinner and less puffed out. The real thing is crisp and thin, almost blending with the shirt itself. Yunsil's original shots look more accurate aswell as the button placement and vest weirdly. I don't know if that's futzing or what. I don't think the colour of the jacket is a big problem, but it's definitely a little more vibrant in the film.
Anyway, thanks for making this happen and I don't mind waiting a little longer in the big picture.
InCollage_20230822_144547177.jpg

Whatever body she was using here she managed to tuck in the shirt collar a little better:

View attachment 463645View attachment 463646

Appreciate all your replies Jagzz, did you happen to ask yunsil about the french cuffs also? can we add this to the improvement list please.
Yes, she doesn't know that we will also add the cufflink, so after I send all the buttons to her, I will put the french cuff as part of the improvement too.

Back