Full figure [CLOSED] TORIBOX Joker 89 Full Outfit + Don Fung "ThreeStep Studio" SCULPT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which option should we go for Balloonman sculpt?

• A. Laughing Sculpt + Sculpted Hat

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • B. Laughing Sculpt w/ Hair

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • C. Cynical Sculpt + Sculpted Hat

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • D. Laughing Sculpt w/ Bald Head and Hair on the side (no extra fees for hat)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will try to remove the fat suit, and just add the belly part, for comparison.
Maybe the proportion will be better.
I know you said it would be addressed, but just to stress it even more, the collar really needs to be thinner and less puffed out. The real thing is crisp and thin, almost blending with the shirt itself. Yunsil's original shots look more accurate aswell as the button placement and vest weirdly. I don't know if that's futzing or what. I don't think the colour of the jacket is a big problem, but it's definitely a little more vibrant in the film.
Anyway, thanks for making this happen and I don't mind waiting a little longer in the big picture.
View attachment 463647
I will actually send all the buttons to her, and her team will apply it.
I also took notes if we can make the purple more vibrant, maybe my camera picture is bad, but actually the color is more vibrant in real life.

The current proto buttons is being place by me, so hopefully the buttons will also have a correct placement when her team that doing it.

I managed to make the head sit much lower and refutzing the jacket again. It looks better, I think with a thiner shirt collar it will have much better proportion.

ISIMG-902803.jpeg

I will print a new hat this week, and will take a new picture. I think the HT hat and doesn’t help the sculpt at all. I will post more pictures soon.

It looks like it sits better, but the head is still too small. I think we just need to come to terms with that and get that addressed. I appreciate that you're taking the time to try and make it look better, but futzing and reposing isn't going to make the head any bigger.

The head by itself looks great, and the suit and body by themselves look great. When the head is on the body, it just doesn't look right. It's like buying a suit at the store, taking it home, and finding out that the pants are extra large and the top is small. The two pieces just don't go together.

I know you said it's too late, but I'm not sure how this gets resolved without a recast. The sooner we get started on that process, the quicker this gets resolved.

I'm not going to put a hat on a $1K haired head, so that's not a solution for me.

Sorry to be so stern with this, but again, I'm into this for $1500+ and 3+ years and this needs to be right.

I do see that underscaled issue someone mentioned earlier. Here it is just a touch scaled up in photoshop. Can see what a difference it makes with the rest of the body and outfit. Better proportioned and loses that pea sized head look it currently has.

rdnjRVs.png

Thank you. That's exactly how this should look.

Let me talk with Don first. And try figure out a solution.

But please for the clothing set, we need to send payment and book production slot, I don’t want us to wait more longer for this run.

We will address the issue one by one, now the most important part is to book the production clothing set first.

And the sculpt issue we will discuss it again and find a solution for it.

Whatever body she was using here she managed to tuck in the shirt collar a little better:

View attachment 463645View attachment 463646

Appreciate all your replies Jagzz, did you happen to ask yunsil about the french cuffs also? can we add this to the improvement list please.
Yea. I can seel yunsil used hottoys DX head when she tailoring. Size seems fit better than donfung sculpt.

This is why YJ park YK and other top level artist always send head first to tailor.(even if its wip. Still sent) Head size matter. Addblue dont start before receiving head..

Definitely she will do better after receive donfung head.

Or send dx head to donfung. So that he knows size difference

And i know yunsil making same jack nicholson joker as 1/4 scale. Mishi custom already asked her to make. Prototype is already done. So she already been though all the process as quarter scale. Maybe she using same fabric. Maybe thats why shirts looks too thick.

I know you need payment asap but before this issue confirmed to be solved, people might not wanna pay asap.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230823_043315_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230823_043315_Instagram.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Interesting Mishi posted that a year ago, didn't realise he was doing a 1/4 scale Jack,

Annoyingly I feel the shirt is maybe a little more accurate in colour to ours, not sure how others feel?

Looking side by side I reckon the material is different and looks a little lighter, could be down to the scale difference or lighting but I prefer it lighter without any hints of redish orange.

I know the difference is really minuscule here but I'm having a lot of fun analysing Jack today so thought i'd bring it up. 🤡

Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 21.39.09.png
Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 21.39.51.png
Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 21.43.06.png
Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 22.03.14.png

Yea, the purple appears more vibrant on Jack between both pics here, orange appears to have a red tinge to it, not present on Jacks shirt, the teal blue waistcoat appears to be darker on Nicholson.

The color of the tie & waistcoat need to be reversed imo. The tie has the color the waistcoat needs, and the waistcoat has the color of the tie.

Maybe not exactly trade colors as I don’t have in hand visuals on it, but the tie is a brighter teal than that of the waistcoat on Nicholson.

Going off of this photo that @partyman posted and not daylight video, since you’re going for promo accuracy.

5C9277CC-F1D5-45C5-AD84-BEB776793BFF.jpeg

8491040F-BEA9-41C7-A533-FA0A09FAA62D.jpeg

Again, some of this may change in different lighting, but the purple jacket and the teal blue checkered bits on the pants should be more vivid at the very least imo.

Regarding shirt collar, on top of a slight reduction in size, would it cost those on this list more to have Yunsil implement a wire in it? That would do wonders for it, as to make it sit perfectly flat and out of the way of the jacket collar.

Last edited:
Yea. I can seel yunsil used hottoys DX head when she tailoring. Size seems fit better than donfung sculpt.

This is why YJ park YK and other top level artist always send head first to tailor.(even if its wip. Still sent) Head size matter. Addblue dont start before receiving head..

Definitely she will do better after receive donfung head.

Or send dx head to donfung. So that he knows size difference

And i know yunsil making same jack nicholson joker as 1/4 scale. Mishi custom already asked her to make. Prototype is already done. So she already been though all the process as quarter scale. Maybe she using same fabric. Maybe thats why shirts looks too thick.

I know you need payment asap but before this issue confirmed to be solved, people might not wanna pay asap.
All the issues is being recorded and I will send a detail PPT for this to Toribox, they have lot of time to work on it, and it will get updated as soon as we book the production time.

It's a prototype, we got this to analyze what went wrong and what need to be done. Mishi have a luxury to have Toribox a couple doors away. Nonetheless we still need to book the production time. If not we may get more delay for this. It's 2 separate problems.

1/ We need to book the timeline ASAP, as we will get scheduled for the production
2/ We will address all the feedbacks on the costume parts, which I already make a detail PPT of it
3/ We will discuss again on the sculpt size, and what is the most possible way to do. I think to fix the measurement and send the sculpt to Toribox would be much more doable plan.

So yeah we still need to book that production slot.

Last edited:
Sell head sculpt position,
if you are interested, please PM

Last edited:
To piggyback on the sculpt sizing, it seems the sculpt (or at least the neck) should’ve been sized to match that of the DX08 headsculpt as not everyone who is buying the clothes is also buying the custom head I’m guessing. That way it wouldn’t matter which of the two sculpts are being used. If the shirt collar gets resized to fit the smaller Donfung sculpt, then it’ll be too small for the HT sculpt

If the requested changes are going to be made in production, then I will try to jump on the run before the deadline.

I am curious, do the pants have the suspenders? Even HT included them on theirs. I know you can’t see them but we are going for accuracy (ref pic below)

1692863625353.jpeg

Great job on handling the run @jagzz 👏🏼

Good call on the suspenders @Gipetto0812 ! Yunsil has made Ledgers suspenders, so she can do it. Idk if Jagzz wants to incorporate them into the suit. Perhaps if you could find a detailed colored photo of them?

To piggyback on the sculpt sizing, it seems the sculpt (or at least the neck) should’ve been sized to match that of the DX08 headsculpt as not everyone who is buying the clothes is also buying the custom head I’m guessing. That way it wouldn’t matter which of the two sculpts are being used. If the shirt collar gets resized to fit the smaller Donfung sculpt, then it’ll be too small for the HT sculpt

If the requested changes are going to be made in production, then I will try to jump on the run before the deadline.

I am curious, do the pants have the suspenders? Even HT included them on theirs. I know you can’t see them but we are going for accuracy (ref pic below)

View attachment 463757

Yes the plan now is to resize the sculpt to fit the existing collar, so the collar will not change at all, it will stay like that and still fit DX08 head as the proto shown by Yunsil.
All the required changes for the clothing set already being documented in power point, I just need to email all the feedbacks to Yunsil, and hopefully with the rest of the fund to lock the production timeline (this is my priority now).
Regarding the suspender, the current proto doesn't have the suspender, I will help to ask Yunsil for that, but I will try to explore some other options too for that, because I'm afraid it will add more cost to already quite hefty amount of USD. I will get back to you on that suspender part.

Good call on the suspenders @Gipetto0812 ! Yunsil has made Ledgers suspenders, so she can do it. Idk if Jagzz wants to incorporate them into the suit. Perhaps if you could find a detailed colored photo of them?

View attachment 463757

Everytime I got toribox outfit with suspenders.
it never helps. just painful to put on body. won't visable, very easy to defect. (because yunsil use fake leather strap on that)

and reference photo you shared is not even film scene. just behind scene. I watched batman film several times but no memory with joker with suspender

Last edited:
Everytime I got toribox outfit with suspenders.
it never helps. just painful to put on body. won't visable, very easy to defect. (because yunsil use fake leather strap on that)

and reference photo you shared is not even film scene. just behind scene. I watched batman film several times but no memory with joker with suspender

Since they can’t be seen, I don’t need the suspenders, either. To me, that’s like adding underwear.

If he can go commando, he doesn’t need the suspenders ;)
@hdy9108 Yes, the photo is behind the scenes, but he's in costume. He just doesn't have the vest or tie on. It's from the finale in the church tower. He's not wearing regular clothes in that photo. I posted it just to show that his pants do in fact have suspenders.

I've never had a problem putting suspenders on a body. If it's painful for you, maybe you're doing something wrong? :LOL: I know from a technical standpoint, they may not help hold up the pants the way real world ones do, but it is accurate to the costume and based on this thread, the whole point of this run was to have the most accurate Nicholson suit 🤷‍♂️

@BigWayne I get that point of thinking as well. However, one could also argue that you would 99% of the time not see the cufflinks but we're including those now as well. And to my recollection, those cufflinks might've been missed had I not pointed it out as no one else was talking about before 🤷‍♂️ We're in this hobby b/c of the details after all and trying to scale down these real world items.

Anyway, even though I'm defending my position on their inclusion, it's really NOT a big deal, especially since @jagzz mentioned it could up the price even more (man Yunsil really does charge for EVERYTHING, huh? :LOL: ) I was just curious if they were included or not, but understand that you can't see them. It's just one of those details that I prefer to be included than not if the whole point is being as accurate as possible, especially with these custom clothing runs being so expensive. Much like how many Ledger runs haven't included the suspenders either which tends to bug me and those you can actually see on screen, even if for a few seconds.

Is this with the Hot Toys head?
Yes, that's the Hot Toys head.

Last edited:
Back