Full figure [CLOSED] TORIBOX Joker 89 Full Outfit + Don Fung "ThreeStep Studio" SCULPT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which option should we go for Balloonman sculpt?

• A. Laughing Sculpt + Sculpted Hat

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • B. Laughing Sculpt w/ Hair

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • C. Cynical Sculpt + Sculpted Hat

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • D. Laughing Sculpt w/ Bald Head and Hair on the side (no extra fees for hat)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Gipetto0812 - I absolutely do understand your point about the suspenders. The cufflinks were definitely a good find, and that was much appreciated as they would most certainly be seen when bending the arms as the coat rides up. But at this point, being where we are, I'm not so sure I can say the same thing about the suspenders, though. To me, if they weren't visible anywhere in the movie, then I'm fine without them. Especially if their inclusion increases either the cost or the schedule.

While it's true that we're in this for the accuracy, we're also in this within the parameters of a reasonable time and estimated budget, so that has to be respected, as well. When I buy a jazzinc vehicle, I consider it to be accurate, even though I don't actually see a working motor, but I know it was there in the movie ;)

@Gipetto0812 - I absolutely do understand your point about the suspenders. The cufflinks were definitely a good find, and that was much appreciated as they would most certainly be seen when bending the arms as the coat rides up. But at this point, being where we are, I'm not so sure I can say the same thing about the suspenders, though. To me, if they weren't visible anywhere in the movie, then I'm fine without them. Especially if their inclusion increases either the cost or the schedule.

While it's true that we're in this for the accuracy, we're also in this within the parameters of a reasonable time and estimated budget, so that has to be respected, as well. When I buy a jazzinc vehicle, I consider it to be accurate, even though I don't actually see a working motor, but I know it was there in the movie ;)
Again, I totally get the reasoning of not including them. And like I said. It’s not a big deal. It’s turned into one just for me pointing it out now, but it was just a genuine question initially on whether or not they were included. They aren’t, and it’ll be an up charge to include unfortunately, so it’s fine to not include them. That’s sucks for someone like me who cares, but it isn’t the end of the world. All that was needed was yes or no, which Jagzz provided.

At this point I’m just defending my position on why they should’ve at least been considered :) I can add the suspenders myself. I just don't think I should have to at this price point. Something like this shouldn't be breaking the bank to add, but I KNOW Yunsil would probably upcharge a ridiculous amount for something that even I, a novice when it comes to sewing, can do. My hole point about them being included is simply that the idea of these quite expensive customs runs (not exclusive to this one) is to make these things as accurate as possible, so it just surprises me when ppl are so forgiving to not include things, but if it was HT or some other official company, ppl are ready to throw the first stone at what is missing and what is inaccurate.

But, if we want to get technical, you can actually see them in the end scenes when he's reaching for and hanging from the helicopter ladder ;) So they actually are visible in the movie. I believe there are maybe 1 or 2 other instances earlier in the film as well, but this is what came to mind right away.
IMG_0364.jpeg

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited:
That was a lot of defending for something that was no big deal, but again, I get it ;)
I edited my post a bit that you may not have seen to clarify so it may have come off differently when you read it.

To reiterate: It’s turned into one just for me pointing it out now and the reactions that incurred b/c of it; but, it was just a genuine question initially on whether or not they were included. They aren’t, and it’ll be an up charge to include unfortunately, so it’s fine to not include them. That’s sucks for someone like me who cares, but it isn’t the end of the world. All that was needed was yes or no, which Jagzz provided.

But instead, other opinions were thrown in on why they should or shouldn't be included, which isn't what I was asking. That's a different conversation. But, b/c of that misunderstanding, one simple question got thrown into a larger debate.

The rest of my post is more about the principle of the matter of how much these things cost and therefore we should be getting accuracy whether it’s functional or not and can be seen or not. That’s my philosophy when it comes to these custom runs at least. I may not be attached to many b/c I don’t care about a lot of the characters that get done to death by every single artisan in this business. Something like this, that has never been done outside of the HT figure (and now Mars Toys), I care about and would like to participate if I can.

When I say it’s not a big deal, I mean that missing suspenders on this particular run aren’t going to sway me one way another. I’m waiting to close a few more deals and if they do before the end of next week, then I’ll hop on the run. In the grand scheme of things however, I personally don't think things like that should be so easily dismissed when it comes to the very expensive clothing runs as the idea, at least in my understanding, is to take things to a higher level than what official companies and manufactures have previously. We pay these higher than retail prices to get better and more accurate than what we had, at least I do.

EDIT: The irony is, ppl in this hobby claim to want more detail and more accuracy so they go the custom route. Then, someone offers more details and it becomes a debate about "well I don't care about that detail. These other ones are what matter to me. I don't care about the ones you think are necessary." Happens in a lot of runs I lurk on.

Last edited:
I edited my post a bit that you may not have seen to clarify so it may have come off differently when you read it.

To reiterate: It’s turned into one just for me pointing it out now and the reactions that incurred b/c of it; but, it was just a genuine question initially on whether or not they were included. They aren’t, and it’ll be an up charge to include unfortunately, so it’s fine to not include them. That’s sucks for someone like me who cares, but it isn’t the end of the world. All that was needed was yes or no, which Jagzz provided.

But instead, other opinions were thrown in on why they should or shouldn't be included, which isn't what I was asking. B/c of that, one simple question got thrown into a larger debate.

The rest of my post is more about the principle of the matter of how much these things cost and therefore we should be getting accuracy whether it’s functional or not and can be seen or not. That’s my philosophy when it comes to these custom runs at least. I may not be attached to many b/c I don’t care about a lot of the characters that get done to death by every single artisan in this business. Something like this, that has never been done outside of the HT figure (and now Mars Toys), I care about and would like to participate if I can.

When I say it’s not a big deal, I mean that missing suspenders on this particular run aren’t going to sway me one way another. I’m waiting to close a few more deals and if they do before the end of next week, then I’ll hop on the run. In the grand scheme of things however, I personally don't think things like that should be so easily dismissed when it comes to the very expensive clothing runs as the idea, at least in my understanding, is to take things to a higher level than what official companies and manufactures have previously. We pay these higher than retail prices to get better and more accurate than what we had, at least I do.

EDIT: The irony is, ppl in this hobby claim to want more detail and more accuracy so they go the custom route. Then, someone offers more details and it becomes a debate about "well I don't care about that detail. These other ones are what matter to me. I don't care about the ones you think are necessary." Happens in a lot of runs I lurk on.
Accuracy is definitely valued and if this had been spotted earlier then I think we would all be for it - however, where we are in the process with Yunsil, it will cause delays and result in an increase for the additional item that will never been seen when the figure is on the shelf. Honestly we all appreciate your attention to detail and Jagzz has loads of notes to share with Yunsil to modify the existing outfit but that's different to adding a 'new' item to that list (and she will see it that way because it was not included in the original quote). Yunsil will then have to source the material, proto it and then once approved she will commence the run. If it was something more prominent on the outfit then that sort of delay and additional cost is more justifiable in my opinion. I don't want to discourge you from pointing out inaccuracies though because you have proved an invaluable resource and we have all benefitted from your keen eye 👁 😄

Since they can’t be seen, I don’t need the suspenders, either. To me, that’s like adding underwear.

If he can go commando, he doesn’t need the suspenders ;)
This is perfectly said. I don't want to pay more than I already have for something that doesn't attribute in the least.

EDIT: I think what has totally gone misunderstood/misinterpreted by mostly everyone from my initial question is this:

--I wasn't asking for the suspenders to be included, I was merely asking if they were included. And all I wanted was a yes or no answer. I literally just wanted a yes or no answer and Jagzz quickly provided that answer, which I was fine with 😄 it's a bummer for me, personally for sure. But, I understand where we are in the process and how the majority feel so it's fine and has been fine 😅 The rest of this weirdly blown out of proportion debate came from when ppl started inserting their why or why not something like this should be included. That's a totally different conversation than what I was initially asking.--

I'm sorry I even brought it up at this point. It wasn't meant to go this far. I just wanted a simple answer to a simple question 🤷‍♂️

so to be clear, @jagzz I'm NOT asking for the suspenders to be included. Thank you for answering my question previously. So sorry for all the extra conversation that sparked afterwards. I did not intend to derail the thread in such a way.

Accuracy is definitely valued and if this had been spotted earlier then I think we would all be for it - however, where we are in the process with Yunsil, it will cause delays and result in an increase for the additional item that will never been seen when the figure is on the shelf. Honestly we all appreciate your attention to detail and Jagzz has loads of notes to share with Yunsil to modify the existing outfit but that's different to adding a 'new' item to that list (and she will see it that way because it was not included in the original quote). Yunsil will then have to source the material, proto it and then once approved she will commence the run. If it was something more prominent on the outfit then that sort of delay and additional cost is more justifiable in my opinion. I don't want to discourge you from pointing out inaccuracies though because you have proved an invaluable resource and we have all benefitted from your keen eye 👁 😄
I appreciate this response and this is all totally understandable. I honestly completely agree to NOT include them at this point. It really isn't a big deal, SERIOUSLY! :LOL: My one question got blown out of proportion.

Last edited:
EDIT: I think what has totally gone misunderstood/misinterpreted by mostly everyone from my initial question is this:

--I wasn't asking for the suspenders to be included, I was merely asking if they were included. And all I wanted was a yes or no answer. I literally just wanted a yes or no answer and Jagzz quickly provided that answer, which I was fine with 😄 it's a bummer for me, personally for sure. But, I understand where we are in the process and how the majority feel so it's fine and has been fine 😅 The rest of this weirdly blown out of proportion debate came from when ppl started inserting their why or why not something like this should be included. That's a totally different conversation than what I was initially asking.--

I'm sorry I even brought it up at this point. It wasn't meant to go this far. I just wanted a simple answer to a simple question 🤷‍♂️

so to be clear, @jagzz I'm NOT asking for the suspenders to be included. Thank you for answering my question previously. So sorry for all the extra conversation that sparked afterwards. I did not intend to derail the thread in such a way.

I appreciate this response and this is all totally understandable. I honestly completely agree to NOT include them at this point. It really isn't a big deal, SERIOUSLY! :LOL: My one question got blown out of proportion.
No problem at all man, that’s why we have this thread and a group run, we discuss, we analyze, we nitpicks, and have a contribution on making the clothing set as accurate as possible. I again will explore that idea first, and try to update you guys on that. I also agree if there’s additional money involved and probably not cheap, I’m more okay to leave the suspender because we hardly seen it, it’s different with a cufflink, when you post it with arms raisin it will show and add some great detail :)

IMG_8607.jpeg

The list updated for the full payments.
Please let me know if I missed your name.

Hi Guys,

After talking with Yunsil, the purple material is very limited for her to choose, but she offered this option. Which I think it have much brighter color compared to proto.

91a785c9-e60a-4fcd-b5dd-66bef7c2cf24.jpeg

Swatch 2 definitely a lighter option. Or we can use the outside material of the proto which a bit lighter and glossy material. Let me know what you guys think.

Hi Guys,

After talking with Yunsil, the purple material is very limited for her to choose, but she offered this option. Which I think it have much brighter color compared to proto.

View attachment 464010

Swatch 2 definitely a lighter option. Or we can use the outside material of the proto which a bit lighter and glossy material. Let me know what you guys think.
I saw some people complaining about shirts color but i haven't seen anyone complaining about purple color. Am i missed ? Me also think current prototype purple is best option.. swatch 1 is completely off and 2 is bright but has thick .big texture which might ruin scale of reality.

Prototype fabric is best imo. Swatch 2 has an almost perfect colour, but we can't even consider it with that texture, surely. I think it's more a matter of vibrance (and slightly lighter), so I wonder if dye could be used.

texturing on the prototype is the best. dying is an option to take if she is unable to source a proper color, but one concern i always have with dying is transfer and if that might end up being an issue or if it will be possible to remove excess dye before they are shipped out. 2 is closer, but i think a little more vibrant and brighter purple when i look over pictures people have sent.

1693273143528.png

Back