Comic chunky gloved fist / hands / boots interest

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Comic chunky gloved fist / hands interest

As for the Batman gloves, are you planning on doing open hands or just fists?

Eric

i will do fists first then possibly open i think, started messing with the shape and size, going to have it tapering into the wrist so any fabric part of the upper glove will cover the joint, its going to be hard to see what they look like as on a nude body they just look like stupid big hands lol.

yeah that would be easy enough, i could just add the metal bits on the gloves that the claws come out of, im not doing the claws though as they are a pain in the *** :)

That's true. We can easily makes claws out of styrene.

Eric

Hahaha no still not doing em :wink1:
anyway i thought someone had already done some chunky claws?

:lol yer someone has done them i think.no harm in asking:wink1:

I think some chunky boots, similar to Jim Lee's Batman, would be very cool.

Eric

batman-poster-608.jpg

I think some chunky boots, similar to Jim Lee's Batman, would be very cool.

Eric

batman-poster-608.jpg

that would be cool but im thinking this first
Frank_Miller_batman02_zps81d3d929.jpg

again the bottom foot part is fine, i can sculpt over existing feet so it has the proper ball joint hole in place not sure how i can do the upper part as a separate piece with out being to obvious, im sure with some trial and error we will get there :)

Those chunky boots are awsome. Not too fond of the fins on the boots, though.

What about sculpting the whole boot with a hole for the bottom part of the leg to fit into? Similar to the way Sideshow does it's tall miltary boots.

Eric

Those chunky boots are awsome. Not too fond of the fins on the boots, though.

What about sculpting the whole boot with a hole for the bottom part of the leg to fit into? Similar to the way Sideshow does it's tall miltary boots.

Eric

That would be a lot easier i guess and then if you are bothered about the lack of movement you could cut off at the ankle and use some rubber or something.
What do other people think?

i think a 2 part boot would be better but thats just me . probably get a set either way :)

i think a 2 part boot would be better but thats just me . probably get a set either way :)

yeah i know what you mean, i imagine the best way to go about it is do the hand and foot parts first and once they are done go from there. Like i said its gonna be trial and error and lots of swearing and throwing things at puppys :) so dont want anyone to expect these done quickly and all suggestions and ideas are welcome as these could turn out pretty cool i think

ive got a few things i need to do first so im guessing February time, as long as i dont get sidetracked again :)

Ive been thinking about that as well and the best way ive thought of doing it is so they would glue on in place, its on my list to do. eventually i hope to have a kit for an entire body to really comic em up :)

DO IT!:clap
^^

I'd agree with the 2-Part boot idea; especially with bulky figures it's very obvious when the feet are unable to lay flat.

On the Tron set I have Spenser did a great job of this by having the foot as a sculpted boot bottom and then attachinga leather upper that was painted the same color as the boot... it's hard to tell the difference in person:

ffl.jpg

A quick and dirty mock up, just to gauge size, the fist is the size im gonna be aiming for and started on the boots but they will be substantially bigger by the time they are done :)

DSCF3871_zps0014a8c2.jpg

DSCF3872_zps4f14d4bf.jpg

DSCF3873_zps158267d2.jpg

Seriously cool.
Those legs and arm modification yoo've done are really nice.
Hope you'll be able to cast some as add on that can be glued to bodies :)

Seriously cool.
Those legs and arm modification yoo've done are really nice.
Hope you'll be able to cast some as add on that can be glued to bodies :)

Thanks, ive been talking about the muscle mods in my other thread and i think it will actually be quicker, cheaper and easier to offer it as a custom service, so people can send me the body of their choice and i can muscle em up

Back