Custom made Star Trek TMP

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nanjin

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am beginning my research on Star Trek TMP uniforms and outfits. Couple of friends have sent me some info already. After reviewing the info, I noticed that there are many variation of outfits.

My initial conception is to make 2 outfits for each character (as usual, the 3 kings). Spock has a robe, but this will be most likely introduced in our TWOK project (The robe is still under perfection, the sleeves are extremely hard to made. I will continue to refine it until the last minute even people said it is good as it is now. BTW, anyone have an actural reference on the Vulcan word that is printed on this robe?).

One of these must be the standard uniforms. But I don't know which one to made for the second one. Please let me know which one you guys like so I have an idea.

Beside 2 outfits for each character. I am discussing the possibility of making the Space Suit. I myself will die for one of this. No promises on this, gentlemen. But I am discussing this with the tailor and the prototyping tech on the material and the possibility of installing lightings onto the suit. The good part is this prototype will be free of charge. So if it is not practical to made, I still get to keep the prototype for myself. Sorry Darren, I am keeping this for myself.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Nanjin in Shanghai

Fantastic cant wait to see these porduced just out of curiosity will people who bought the original series get first heads up when the twok figures?

This sounds great Nanjin,

The one uniform I would most look forward to from ST:TMP would be Admiral Kirk's dress uniform. It was such a great uniform that a variation was used for Admiral Pike at the end of the 2009 Star Trek movie.
428px-James_Kirk%2C_2270s.jpg

The one uniform I would most look forward to from ST:TMP would be Admiral Kirk's dress uniform. It was such a great uniform that a variation was used for Admiral Pike at the end of the 2009 Star Trek movie.

Any detail pictures of its shoulder patches, sleeve braids, and the buckle? If someone can find an actual 1:1 pattern will be greatly appreciated. I have found some good materials for this uniforms already.

My favorite uniform from the entire film! There is also, of course, the standard captain's uniform for Kirk. Spock and McCoy are trickier for a second outfit. You're saving Spock's "meditation" robe for TWOK, and the only other outfit he really wears are his Kohlinar robes on Vulcan (which would necessitate a second head sculpt). Likewise, McCoy has his medical uniform with the very 70s open butterfly collar, and his other look are his civvies, but again, would need a different, bearded head sculpt. You could always give all three a different look by making the tan "away team" jackets?

You mean the black robe Spock wears when he first enters the Enterprise will be in the TWOK set?
Damn!
I really wanted that one...

You mean the black robe Spock wears when he first enters the Enterprise will be in the TWOK set?
Damn!
I really wanted that one...

Already made and ready but I am still refining it.

I know this is about the original motion picture film but have you thought about doing the Wraith of Khan Monster Maroon uniforms? That would be amazing to see pulled off.

I know this thread is a bit old, but if there is to be a full line of TOS figures, a range of male and female TMP uniforms to give them a costume change would get a hearty thumbs up from me. I could live with normal trousers and boots rather than dodgy pajama bottoms or clumpy moon boots though. I always thought Kate McCrae's style of jump suit in the Black Hole looked classier (for the seventies) than the TMP jump suits with slight shoulder pads, collar, and tailoured trousers.

Standard two-piece grey and beige for officers and one-piece jump suits for non-coms would be awesome alongside security armour and engineering suits. We can even save Ilia's bath robe for Saavik ;-P

You will eventually see something.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

I would rather see screen accurate versions of the TMP uniforms than variations on them.
While perhaps not the best I did like the uniforms from that movie and have had to use the Mego ones for my crew thus far.

Thanks for the update Nanjin! This TOS figure project has me ridiculously excited. I've been fretting about whether to start hunting about for customisation material already and my Kirk and Spock have not even arrived yet. It's even more exciting to hear that there are plans for other uniforms too.

A lot of people really love screen accurate uniforms but I was thinking that conjoined booties look quite bad, would be trickier to make, and would be impossible to fit on 1:6 figures, although I suppose magnets or fasteners might work? I saw a shot of Nanjin's Spock in a Mego TMP uniform and it looked surprisingly good despite not being 100% screen accurate.

I love the promo shots of the cast standing alongside each other with the exception of Decker's yellow one-piece. I suppose because I'm so keen to get the whole crew rather than just the Big 3 I'd love to have the matching two-piece uniforms rather than a randomised assortment. A choice of two including the type A duty uniforms would be so cool though. Hmm - and just noticed that Kirk has epaulets AND rank braids. What a show off.

Using epaulet versions in place of rank braids would make customising easier. The epaulets tended to be used on the less attractive one-piece uniforms and the short sleeved two-piece. I prefer long sleeved uniforms to hide the joints. My ultimate goal will be to customise a (significantly reduced) Rec Deck scene focusing on the various aliens so the availability of spare uniforms would be amazing. I figured that any Yeoman Rand figure is a distant possibility at this point and if she does show up, she'll have her beehive, so I already commissioned a head with the TMP hairbun. I'm keen to photograph Kirk Spock and Rand together akin to the early promo shots and waiting a few years was just too much. If a beehive Rand shows up too I will obviously buy her as well :). In the meantime I can probably just buy a polo-neck jumper and black trousers for her. I'm apprehensive to see how she turns out but I couldn't help myself...

tmp10308155_951631298254815_941006354297376446_n.jpg

Back