Accessory Fan Customs project status

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fan

1/6 addicted since 2012
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update: If you wanted a refund and I missed you here, please use this form and I will take care for it: Get a refund

Lastest update: 07-25-2022

Hi y'all,
Using this veeery old thread to share an overview. These are active projects with accepted commissions:

Custom 1/6 Ra's Al Ghul outfit by Toribox
Closed, outfits completed, most shipped, shipments to China via TB are shipping this week, awaiting final batch of 10 sets to be forwarded by me, updating on the accessories separately shortly

Custom 1/6 shoes for Harvey Dent | Two-Face figures
Closed, completed, collecting shipping info

Custom 1/6 shoes for JP Joker figures
Closed, completed, collecting shipping info

Custom 1/6 gloved hands for Joker figures
Closed, delayed, issues with trigger-finger hands, casts and paint solved, completion of the new batch is almost done

Custom 1/6 Monitoring Desk
Massively delayed (long term project to become a reference work) prototype 99% completed, communication happens directly with the 2 incredibly cool and patient collectors involved

Custom 1/6 E.T. & Elliott project, together with several artists involved
Within the updated time plan, involved collectors are updated within a group or directly

Some of my older projects completed and shipped before:
Custom 1/6 TDK newspapers (accessory)
Custom 1/6 calculator watches (accessory)
Custom 1/6 Rachel's letter to Bruce (accessory)
Custom 1/6 Bat-Bunker dioramas (diorama)
Custom 1/6 DeLorean floor mats (accessory)
Custom 1/6 Wayne outfits by Toribox (outfit)
Custom 1/6 Joker shoes (accessory)
Custom 1/6 Wayne shoes (accessory)
Custom 1/6 Joker journal / joke diary (accessory)

OT: Fan Customs has moved! -- Pictures on Page 1!
779d88a76194202f56784bfc753463a8.jpg

To all fellow freaks interested in my custom works

Since I started working on custom things, the lack of space in the apartment I live in with my girlfriend always was a big issue and it became a pain, specially working on the bigger diorama projects.

Moving to a slightly bigger apartment is not only a decision we came to because of my custom work but it was another good reason on the list.

The funny thing about it is that the new apartment is only 4 house numbers away, so it will not take that long. There will be one working room also housing most of my collectibles.

I want to say thank you again to everybody currently waiting for custom works commissioned! Indescribable great and patient community here! Everybody with an open order will get a special free miniature 1/6 item I'm making with the next shipment!

For the move there will be a time frame of two weeks I took off from my day job from now. There will be no updates on the custom works within but of course I'll be here daily to answer questions. After that I'll be handling all things with full speed in the new working space.

There will be pictures following!

Last edited:
Re: Fan Customs is moving!!

good luck with the move man! :hi5: and thanks for the update!

That's great news! Good luck with the move and looking forward to seeing everything set up ( I need a larger apartment just to display all your dioramas )!

I absolutely positively hate moving lol. Me and the wife are waiting to go into a house(which means every figure own is boxed up :( ) and I'm dreading it. Best of luck brother.

Thank you so much fellas! :hi5:

Honestly I would have had no idea how to box up everything, specially WIP things properly if it wasn't so close. Relieved I can actually carry most things walking there. :lol Think statue collectors really need good nerves when it comes to a move :horror.

Soo looking forward to the combination of working space and diorama / collection room I have in mind and like to share impressions of with you soon, in any case, commissioned work comes first.

Moving was a pain but we're almost there, so in a few days I can finally post some progress here again and will be fully back.
Thanks so much for all your patience, I have no words for this! :thud:

The relocation took quite a lot of time and was much more work than expected :thud:, as usually... but now it's finally at the point were also my custom work can continue! :yess: I say that with a lot of happiness at this point as it will continue on a better level for you fellow freaks interested and also for me, since the new collecting and working room allows a lot more tools and working space to keep things sorted.

Had made some pictures over the weeks but found no time to post them yet, so here are all of them for now:

39927ceed4832cea1b559c76cb5a4272.jpg

The basic shape of the room was of course given so it made some decisions pretty easy but I wanted to make use of that L shape at the door to the ceiling with some light effect in any case.

06bc2bedf02621a6701f4f388733ee27.jpg

On the left I wanted to use the whole length for one big working area that can be used for all works around the custom model making as well as for digital graphic design, so it had to be sturdy.

fe0519eef8f5bffdfcc1063c5833d276.jpg

If possible I wanted to go without legs for the desk to have the space under it usable in variable ways for different things to work on in the future so I found that a construction with strong aluminum profiles should work, though I wasn't absolutely sure how sturdy it would become until I tried it.

49c6aa2630b1b1b0be0c4711075d3c70.jpg

Was glad it worked out well, considering it's over 10 foot long. (Long enough to continue working on the ooak 1/6 Joker Truck next year btw. :yess:)

5469c3339c17cbe12cc028015eb0b2f7.jpg

The countertop is pretty much sheer black, actually made for kitchens but I always liked that stuff as its very even an also colors and things can usually be removed if not left on there for to long.

cdb83e44f56e80eb0fe757eac1ebfaba.jpg

Since I like contrasts I went for a mostly black flooring.

a9ddaf68cd4cb36f5ca1a5d1ae3bacc9.jpg

Also the shelf I built some time ago (you may know it from this thread already) found a space, though there will be changes on that one once the time allows it.

8f842c45253f8838e10341d2dfe6086d.jpg

Was time to finish the L shaped wall to paint it soon after.

9246fd7e57d5bc0c946b192bb9986f2a.jpg

The Dark Knight trilogy case will also find its place but it will no longer be mounted to a wall but standing on the floor and will get a black finish.

ee634383d26456d8097e0d386ed64d0a.jpg

All figures had been boxed individually with lots of new chemically neutral PE foam film, can really recommend that stuff!

84e3873b26cf21bc6bf386d72412b51c.jpg

Needed some room already so some found a temporary space in the shelfs already.

dbf36c2ade68b78092b8b1db5827af80.jpg

Here you see my own Bat-Bunker, actually the prototype and the Detolf which we moved as one just without the inner floors. Worked well, covered in cling film and tape.

93dfb0de4d5146f2754390af24c9076d.jpg

Unboxing or unwrapping figures was the highlight after the time. They're all still pretty much unsorted and will have to be re-posed but there's no time for that atm.

1c8a1447ee8a772199d37ee24ed0ff89.jpg

Added one more detolf for the corner, surrounded by billy bookcases. Will all be sorted at some point. Btw, I noticed that Ikea somehow changed the detolfs a little, the newer one now has slightly thinner side walls and overall the glass seems to have a slightly less greenish finish, so actually I like it better but with a close look the differences are visible, but they still work well next to each other.

2e2466790be5e7f746bfd2ab763b1541.jpg

Painted the part with the planned lighting in a dark blue.

9bc4b4ccd941e4e60b09cfde916fcb59.jpg

One teaser of the almost finished room setup.

3e5aae39e74ce04e87e23543416f4963.jpg

Almost there but things that still need to be finished at the room will just follow from time to time now since now I have to and of course want to continue and finish the custom projects I started first. I'm just happy now, since all things that kept me from working on the custom things over the last weeks, like dust and color intensive works on the room are finished, so that I can put all boxed projects in there now with many many pictures to come!

Again: Thanks to everybody for the great patience and support! Greatest collecting community ever! :clap

(...) Everybody with an open order will get a special free miniature 1/6 item I'm making with the next shipment! (...)

Last edited:
What's the lighting behind the wall...on the edge?

That's a long distance on that work surface. I think you will get some deflection over time. Maybe a couple aluminum kickers back to the wall under the support purlins. That way they're out of sight and you still have the open floor space.

Just a suggestion...a little free professional advice. :peace

Looks great!

Hey, thanks for the advice! By now it's really more sturdy then expected. Think it's mostly because the aluminum bar can't bend much, unless one would destroy it with way to much weight right in the middle or something. But I'll keep an eye on it, also measuring from time to time if there will be deflection and in that case, I'm sure additional aluminum kickers would solve it. :hi5:

The lighting is an rgb smd strip between the actual wall and the small thin wall I put infront of it. Will add some light diffusing cover at some point. Think it will mostly be turned either on white or on blue light but I also like that Tron color tone. :yess:

SICK setup! I love your desk. That makes me want to do something like that. You could just roll your chair onto different projects.

Last edited:
Have you been to India ? It's a beautiful place, I'll show you around. Oh and while you're at it, Home Improvement is always welcome. :lol

Btw, Your work kicks ass!

Have you been to India ? It's a beautiful place, I'll show you around. Oh and while you're at it, Home Improvement is always welcome. :lol

Btw, Your work kicks ass!

:lol Thanks for the kind invitation and the appreciation! Hope one day I can visit India :hi5:

Back